[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of George Carlin? Me? I was 16 and was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: george carlin.jpg (12 KB, 450x323) Image search: [Google]
george carlin.jpg
12 KB, 450x323
When did you grow out of George Carlin?

Me? I was 16 and was no longer an atheist.
>>
Same. Although I still think he is right about some things.

Still an atheist as well.
>>
I didn't because Carlin was funny even when he was being preachy, and his preachy stuff never made up more than half of his act in a given show. Grew out of Bill Hicks some time during high school though.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (198 KB, 800x746) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
198 KB, 800x746
>>
>>68239412
Fuck I hate the >i grew out of being an atheist meme. It's possible to be an atheist and not a fedora tipping faggot.

That being said, I agree that he's much more entertaining to those fedora atheists. He's still pretty funny though, the same way I think Louis Cuck K is still funny despite him being a white male hating cuck. Because a lot of comedy comes from timing and delivery and the large majority of comics suck at it.
>>
>>68239607
>>68239908
I'm still atheist, I just like fucking with /tv/ tbqh
>>
I appreciate him but when you've been on the internet a long time all the religious stuff just feels like a beaten horse. Pretty much every comedian has a bit about it though. I guess it was innovative for the time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Never.

For as long as I listened to him, George Carlin might as well have been like a father to me.
>>
Fuck off. I bet you never heard his early stuff. Kill yourself.
>>
Grew into him around 15, grew out around 19
>>
>>68239412
I never found him all that funny. Pretty insightful, great thinker and a great public speaker but it felt like some college sociology lecture. I want to laugh, not hear
>dude Americas are fat dumb and retarded, everything is your fault as a white American
I get plenty of that shit in my face all day anyway
>>
He fucking sucks. He's not funny and his whole shtick of "joking about everything" is bullshit because he would spend 20 minutes explaining how he totally didn't mean any offense and stroking his own dick about how great and wise of a man he was after every joke.
>>
I don't know if I can put an age to it, but getting less and less funny as he got older helped, along with inexplicably showing up in Kevin Smith movies.
>>
File: 6846816847651.jpg (9 KB, 141x140) Image search: [Google]
6846816847651.jpg
9 KB, 141x140
Going from atheist to theist. You've done it backwards, OP.
>>
>>68242348
No, he just matured and realized he should put his family before his own mental masturbation.
>>
>>68239607
>>68239908
>>68239908
>>68239931
>>68242348
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.