[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other directors like Zack Snyder? I really enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: supermandayofthedead.jpg (612 KB, 2460x1637) Image search: [Google]
supermandayofthedead.jpg
612 KB, 2460x1637
Are there any other directors like Zack Snyder? I really enjoy how he combines evocative imagery with well choreographed fight scenes.

I don't know why the critics seem to hate his films though. I enjoy them more than the Marvel movies.
>>
>>68230320
cause they're in incoherent mess. That's heavy handed with Christ symbolism.
>>
>>68230320
I've never seen a director before who is so good at making scenes but so fucking terrible at making movies
>>
>>68230320
6/10, gotta be more subtle, but i like your style.
>>
File: 43789283432.jpg (658 KB, 2000x3871) Image search: [Google]
43789283432.jpg
658 KB, 2000x3871
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68226837/

Why did the last thread got deleted?
Are mods Disney jews too?

Some anon was about to explain the parallels between Mary Shelley's work and the creation of Doomsday. Pls come back.
>>
>>68230353
>>68230450

I'm serious . Are there any other action directors who use a lot of symbolism?
>>
File: kino.jpg (38 KB, 740x316) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
38 KB, 740x316
>>
>>68230497
1st thing you have to learn is everyone is owned by disney
>>
>>68230391
Agreed. Snyder as a director is fantastic at frame composition but garbage at literally everything else, including giving his frame composition meaning beyond "it looks cool."
>>
>>68230503
Hideki Anno but that's animu
>>
>>68230619
To be fair, I don't think you can lay the entirety of BvS at Snyder's feet.

I'm still convinced that they just didn't hire an editor for the damn thing, and whoever greenlit the shooting script needs to be taken outside and shot.
>>
>>68230633
Thanks.
>>
File: kino god.png (397 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
kino god.png
397 KB, 630x472
Zack sees no difference between "high" and "low" culture, he has moved far beyond such crude dualities.
>>
>>68230724
Just asking for a friend

Is it pronounced "kinno", or "keeno", or "sinno", or "seeno"?
>>
>>68230673
I'm not just talking about BvS though, I'm talking about everything he's ever made. It looks great when not obscured by the shitty filters he always uses but it has the depth of a puddle, and Snyder has no idea how to handle pacing, tone, or even how to direct his actors.

In his capeshit, it's also clear Snyder doesn't understand the source material in the slightest.
>>
He's a DP at best. He shouldn't be directing anything bigger than music videos.
>>
>>68230597
Wait for the only critic who counts. The only one who dares to speak the truth,
>>
>>68230856
What else has he done besides 300 and Watchmen?

It's hard to give him any credit for those because the source material was already spelled out for him
>>
>>68230972
The dawn of the dead remake, which isn't the worst thing ever.
>>
>>68230972
The Dawn of the Dead remake, Sucker Punch, and Man of Steel.

>It's hard to give him any credit for those because the source material was already spelled out for him
And it's even worse because he constantly misses the point
>>
>>68230353
Symbolism I miss: pretentious
Symbolism I catch or is explained to me: heavy handed
>>
Funny because 300 and Watchmen are his most reddit movies. True cinephiles do know that BvS is his best movie and one of the best movies of the decade period. Meme blog critics opinions are about worthless, they are pure shills to the hotpocket trendy culture.
>>
>>68230896
What does Harvey Kietel have to do with this?
>>
>>68231243
Funny because Spider-Man 2 and The Evil Dead are his most reddit movies. True cinephiles do know that Spider-Man 3 is his best movie and one of the best movies of the decade period. DC blog critics opinions are about worthless, they are pure shills to the superhero trendy culture.
>>
>>68231243
Funny because Blade Runner and Alien are his most reddit movies. True Cinephiles do know that Exodus: God's and Kings is his best movie and one of the best movies of the decade period. Historical blog critics opinions are about worthless. They are pure shills to the Christian kino culture
>>
>>68231283
Mr. White
>>
>>68231346
It did have the best worst dead baby since trainspotting. Credit where due.
>>
>>68230320

watch Southland Tales and Detention OP

both are innovative films that are mostly despised by mainstream critics and plebs, both have fantastic visual styles
>>
>>68231300
SM>SM3>SM2
all great tho

>>68231346
Alien>Exodus>Blade Runner
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.