[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF happened to S-Tier Director Michael Mann suddenly? He made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
WTF happened to S-Tier Director Michael Mann suddenly?

He made masterpieces in the 90s and early 2000 and now he made Blackhat which is nothing like him and total shit.
>>
I dunno, I thought he fell off a while ago.

I fell asleep in theaters for Miami Vice.
>>
>Blackhat was shit

I'll never understand this meme

It was better than Miami Vice
>>
Michael Mann was so based back in the 90s.

I swear it actually makes me sad that he lost his sense of film making now

>>68227901
Collateral is S-tier though.
>>
File: 56601433.jpg (41 KB, 410x425) Image search: [Google]
56601433.jpg
41 KB, 410x425
Michael Mann Tier-List

>Heat
>Collateral
>The Last Mohican
>Insider
>Manhunter
>Blackhat

>the rest
>>
>hyper realistic gun play in majority of movies
>can't hear shit now and is basically legally deaf
goodnight, sweet prince
>>
File: thief 1981.png (1 MB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
thief 1981.png
1 MB, 1280x692
>>68228173
Thief gets me hard just thinking about it.
>>
There was a newer cut of Blackhat screened recently, not sure if it will ever be a video release or not

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/theres-a-new-version-of-michael-manns-blackhat-and-its-really-different-20160211
>>
Plebs
>>
>>68228939
I love man, but he's damn near lucas tier when it comes to fucking with his movies after release.
>>
Mann made three of the most important american movies of the 00s. Miami Vice, Collateral and Blackhat.
They got trashed by awful (mostly american) critics who can't handle the digital poetry of Mann.
See how Miami Vice is more and more loved through the year, the same will happen for Blackhat
>>
File: collateral 5.jpg (1 MB, 3630x2414) Image search: [Google]
collateral 5.jpg
1 MB, 3630x2414
>>68229425
I remember Collateral was very well received by critics and general audiences alike. Jamie Fox was hot as shit (ray was the same year), everyone liked cruise's performance, and most people praised the way that Mann shoots a city at night.
>>
>>68227869

Just because you dont like Chinese people doesnt make blackhat a bad film.
>>
What is he doing differently with digital cameras than half the other cunts shooting on them?
>>
>>68231162
making visually interesting movies?
>>
>>68231229
Yeah but I mean what is it specifically that he's doing. I mean you could watch any short clip from one of his movies and KNOW its Mann. And he manages to make digital not look like washed out shit.

I know enough about cinematography and film making to know I don't know enough.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.