[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: DBE.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DBE.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
What went wrong?
>>
>>68224238
Nothing, show was shit, this was much better
>>
Well everyone besides Roshi should've been white.
>>
Fuckin' Geeku
>>
>goku is in HS
I've never dropped anything so fast in my life.
>>
>>68224271
Literal meme opinion
>>
As bad as the last airbender
>>
>>68224238
Weird seeing bulma with her tits out and jiggling fucking him a few years later on tv
>>
>>68224238
Deviated way too much from the source material
>>
>>68224238
Nolan didn't direct it
>>
>>68226328
>implying the source material is good
>>
>>68226125
I watched this movie on a plane, and I walked out when Bulma said "And the prom's tomorrow!"
>>
>>68226833
damn, how did you survive the fall from the plane?
>>
>>68226874
I'm a big guy
>>
That Bulma could get it though
>>
>>68224238goku not a kid. no attempt to follow story, try to combine all sagas into one. NO difference b/t sayans and nameks
>>
>>68226763
implying that this show is not still running since 80s... name one show you like, Dragon Ball is still more important. Next to Sailor Moon it's one of the more important Animes for bringing an entire Genre/art style overseas.

Sad as it is that Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball seem so shit, compared to the rest of Anime they're not bad, the bigger issue is the demographics for the shows are different.

Anime is for young adults in Japan but cartoons are for children in North America and pretty much world wide. So DBZ and Sailor Moon kind of unlocked a new generation, that except for Heavy Metal and Cool World there was an emergence of adult cartoons.

So if not for DBZ we wouldn't have Archer or other Adult Swim shit. Again doesn't seem like a big deal, but you could even blame it for the comic book movies too. Unless you're deep into the 'Oscar style movies' this is a good thing for most people. It opened up a lot more different styles for people.

It's weird, but basically this started Adult Cartoons that were not as shitty as Heavy Metal. Probably the reason for Heavy Metal 2000. And a lot of the style of Japanese Video Games that came over seas was accepted because of this.

So so ya, deviating from the source, which was the beginning of weeaboo in north america.

i hate myself for saying this.
>>
>>68226907
Heh, maybe for U
>>
>>68226234
worse. Last Airbender at least tried. This movie didn't even. The biggest issue was the guy they had as Goku, to start.

That pretty much ends it. Also it probably should have been rotoscoped like Scanner Darkly. Would have been cheaper and had better effects.
>>
>>68227121
idk about worse.. The Last Airbender tried to follow the story and failed.. at least this was completely different to not try and make you think they are following... I think The Last Airbender and The Lightning Thief are the worst movies of all time
>>
>>68227067
tl;dr anon is in love with weeb shit. Go fuck yourself, dragonball is a retarded show, made for retarded people. 20 something episodes of one guy screaming like he's constipated to throw an energy ball and miss
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>68226763
>he's never read the manga
>>
>>68224238
apparently literally everything. the story, the writing, the acting, the editing, the special effects, the music, the casting, the amount of accuracy to the show. if they fixed all of that it would have been a pretty good movie.
>>
File: BulmaMovie.jpg (243 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
BulmaMovie.jpg
243 KB, 531x800
They were afraid to fully commit to how outlandish Dragon Ball is. If you're gonna make a movie based on something like Dragon Ball you need to embrace how batshit crazy it is, but they were too nervous to even give Bulma more than a strand of her proper hair color.
>>
They accidentally replaced Goku with Peter Parker
>>
>>68224238

>Goku going to school
>Goku having a crush on a girl
>Goku being bullied and not using his strength kick their asses because he thinks fighting is bad or some shit
>Goku not being retarded

We may as well just say he wasn't Goku at all but just some dude with the same name.
>>
>>68227067
absolutelydisgusting.png
>>
>>68224238
What went right?
>>
>>68224238
They made the movie with a unfinished scrip for 40 million less that the original budget.

They mixed Gohan and Goku's arcs.

That's it in general is not that terrible when you see is a Dragon ball movie and not DBZ.
>>
>>68229830
>tone down everything cool about Dragon Ball because you're afraid it'll alienate audiences
>movie flops because it's shit and no one wants to see it

>Resurrection F comes out in extremely limited release
>outgrosses Dragonball Evolution despite only being in theaters for a week with one showing per theater per day
>>
>>68227121
I would consider TLA even worse because it actually had a good plot to work off of.
>>
>>68227227
That's Dragon Ball Z you're talking about, and what you mentioned is the anime. This movie is based off of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>68224238
>What went wrong?

Literally everything.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.