[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why wasn't this movie nominated for more Oscars? Was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (118 KB, 283x219) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118 KB, 283x219
So why wasn't this movie nominated for more Oscars?
Was it because it was anti-feminism?
>>
>>68219701
>anti-feminism
No it wasn't.
Just like a generic slasher isn't misogynistic.
Go be triggered somewhere else.
>>
File: 1437745790558.jpg (68 KB, 792x613) Image search: [Google]
1437745790558.jpg
68 KB, 792x613
>>68219701
>tfw no R I O T
>>
>>68219744
>strong, confident woman turns out to be a manipulative liar trying to frame her husband
>not anti-feminism
>>
>>68219744
In a generic slasher the bad guy isn't shown as abusing both the judiciary system and media while still getting away with it. Reducing this movie to a slasher film isn't doing it justice. This movie is among other things a statement that women are always seen as victims in our society, as objects acted upon. Which is funny, when you consider that it's the responsibility of a man not to have sex with a drunk woman, and not of the woman to control her drinking.
>>
>>68219837
The point being that feminism emphasize on that instead of going against this clear infantilization of the whole female gender*
>>
>>68219701
It wasn't nominated for Best picture or direction because it's a genre movie and the academy doesn't like to nominate those but Rosamund Pike was nominated if I remember correctly.
>>
>>68219701
the book being the dime store trash it was can't have helped proceedings frankly

Fincher can only elevate that stuff so far.
>>
>>68219801
sounds like a story of a manipulative liar who happens to be a woman.
>>
>>68219701
>Was it because it was anti-feminism?

A woman being a villain isn't anti-feminism. If anything; it's pro-feminism because the woman outsmarts all the men, is sexually free, and gets exactly what she wants.

This movie is basically a lifetime original movie for men.
>>
>>68220004
Modern feminism tells people that women are always the victim. A film that portrays a woman as the abuser is contrary to that.
>>
>>68219801
It's more an anti millenials movie like most Fincher films
>>
>>68220004

All women are manipulative liars, the person in the film was a high-functioning narcissistic psychopath with the capabilities to lie her way out of murder, due to her looks, charm and intelligence.

Thats the entire point of the film.
>>
>>68220066
Oh, so you don't know what feminism is, you just want to whine about tumblr. Carry on then.
>>
>>68220094
I said 'modern feminism' not 'feminism', you dumb cunt. Why dop people always have this fucking snarky attitude, goddamn.
>>
>>68220089
>Modern feminism tells people that women are always the victim
>All women are manipulative liars
I disagree
>>
>>68220123
You're on 4chan. This place just breeds negativity because a majority of users are jaded teenagers.
>>
File: 1458620471315.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1458620471315.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>>68220094
>he believes the textbook definition is accurate
>>
>>68220094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRndoqbWLTg
>>
>>68220146
All women lie man.

Even the ones who say they never lie and you think they have a great ethic and what not, they'll lie.
>>
>>68220475
Well there's a difference between lying sometimes and being a manipulative liar. Everyone lies
>>
>>68220089
>All women are manipulative liars
Not all, but probably 99%. They learn from a young age that they can control men by faking emotions, and later on they learn to use sex appeal for the same purpose.

I think Dian Hanson's take is interesting:
http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2015/03/18/the-reality-of-people-an-interview-with-dian-hanson/

>The more I communicated with them, the more letters I read, the more I understood the male mind and the male approach to sexuality—it made them more likeable. I saw how romantic men were. I saw that sex, for most men, was really a supreme expression of love, that they didn’t disconnect it as most people believed. Certainly most of the other women I knew in the business thought that all these men were just out for the sex and they didn’t care. Men were always falling in love with these women in the magazines, sending them gifts, projecting idealized personalities onto them. I came to see that men and women approach these things differently—women are much more pragmatic about sex and love than men are. Men are probably the more romantic of the two, and certainly more likely to be deeply wounded if a relationship ends.
>>
>>68219701
Does anyone have the one with Ben smiling?
>>
>>68219801
Thats a huge stretch to say it's anti-feminist

>>68220004
This
>>
>>68219701
>Was it because it was anti-feminism?

No.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.