[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS Review Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 250x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 250x367
Just saw Batman V. Superman. I know this could be posted in any of the other threads but I felt this warranted it's own. Feel free to post your own thoughts on the movie below.

I'll give Zack Snyder credit: when he hits the mark? It's spot-fucking-on. The cinematography (seriously this movie is fucking beautiful), the action, some of the performances(in particular Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons), and the titular showdown are all brilliant, and would totally be deserving of high praise.

That is, were it not for the rest of the movie.

I don't know what the hell Snyder was smoking when he wrote some of the things in this movie. Lex Luthor is the most recognizable and laughable flaw (We're letting Jesse Eisenberg play a villain? What the hell?) but he's far from the worst part of this movie. The pacing is absolutely fucking terrible, no one's motivations are clear, and their shitty attempts at building a shared universe feel forced and extremely rushed, like they weren't really thinking in the long term and just wanted to say "Hey! We can totally make these!".

Rest of the review is spoilered for spoiler reasons.
--------------------
The biggest flaw here in my opinion is, predictably, Superman's death. I know Doomsday kills Clark in the comics, and that that particular arc broke death in comics, but so do thousands of other people. Snyder drags out the funeral for an unholy amount of time.They try to evoke genuine emotion, which I give credit for them trying, but knowing how this arc ends sucks any of the tension, sadness, literally any emotion at all out of the death and the ensuing "resurrection". You want to make me feel something? Make me feel scared. Make me feel like the characters are in fucking danger instead of going "Oh yeah, he's totally dead...or is he?"

4/10, Snyder you need to fucking apply yourself.
>>
>>67455501
Are you me?

Your review is honest and I adore you for that.
Like you said, when the movie works, it really works. One of my favorite moments while brief (and somewhat shown in the trailers, though out of context) was when we just finished seeing Batman tear shit up, fucking niggas up left and right, driving through big fuck off walls with his Batmobile, then out of fucking nowhere, in the middle of his mission, Supes shows up, you see the shock in Batman's eyes for a moment. As he runs into him and Supes gives him a warning and then bolts off like a fucking pimp.

There were other moments that really grabbed me too. I saw it in IMAX so the IMAX shot scenes looked gorgeous.

Echoing your comments, yes, a lot of the movie just feels a bit messy, and underdeveloped. Unfortunately.

The moment when Flash showed up through time to give Bruce a warning/message was one of the most surreal and oh shit this is happening moments. Probably the only part I'd want to re-watch the movie for tbqh senpai.
>>
At the end I was thinking multiple times "holy shit this is still going"
>>
>>67455933
Fuckin' A, that shit was Return Of The King-tier.
>>
>>67455864
It's like, it was clear that they put a shit ton of effort into this and they really wanted to make this a good movie, but somewhere along the line they realized they were running out of time so they needed to pull a bunch of shit out of their ass.

Lex could have been really good. I said in an earlier thread that he would be a really good choice for Dr. Wily in the Protomen Act II movie, should that ever happen.

Here, take a listen to this: https://youtu.be/LChtBpTjvTY

Tell me that isn't Eisenberg's Lex down to a fucking T.
>>
>>67455864
Also yeah the Flashwas the one thing I thought could be fucking amazing in future movies.
>>
rebump
>>
>>67456308
Agreed the way they delivered flash in this was fucking outstanding. I was genuinely shocked when he appeared.
>>
>>67457487
I couldn't tell who it was at first because we'd just gotten out of a dream sequence with bugs and shit so I didn't know what to expect but then I'm like "holy shit it's that Ezra Miller kid"
>>
alright night
>>
I thought the movie was shit, but i heard a song I liked in the stupid sceenvision preshow. Some little girl playing with a "Where the Wild Things Are" style monster. Anyone catch the name of that track?
>>
>>67455501
DC fag here. I loved the movie. I agree with pacing issues but for some reason it didn't really bother me, perhaps because I felt the pacing was only bad in the first hour of the movie.
I think luthor was average. I think Eisenber just did what he was told to do and he did it well. I liked the plot, and I actually liked the other hero cameos quite a bit. For me it was an 8/10. I'm a huge comic book reader and I even surprise myself how much I seem to like these movies. In my opinion DC is hard to do...its dark, even some superman material has been dark, and its hard to translate the dark tone into a serious movie. Unlike Burton who used a dark/campy combo..Snyder wants to do dark/realistic and I respect it alot
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 851x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 851x476
Batman obviously represented Trump.

Left controlled media hates all things Trump. Severe triggering.

Hence all the smearing.

It's a solid A minus/strong B.
>>
>>67455501

>start a cinematic universe
>after Clark is fully introduced as Superman at the start of his first movie, in the second one we've already reached a point where he "dies"
>Batman, in his first cinematic universe appearance, is already at his DKR point
>Wonder Woman, who is basically an idealized warrior women and brimming with charisma is reduced to "some woman, I guess"
>Lex, whose hate for Superman comes from his inability to cope with an alien being a better human than him, is some millennial spaz rping a cake boy

what the fuck are they even doing

MCU works because they are giving the fans and the general audience exactly what they want, meanwhile DCU is apparently about throwing dubious curveballs in some attempt to surprise everyone.
>>
>>67459053
This.

Just saw it today. Thoughts are as follows:

Affleck was underwhelming as Batman. Just wasn't doing it for me. Batmobile and Batwing were great. Alfred was great. Couldn't figure out what the fuck Snyder was doing with the dreams and flashbacks. They just came off as ridiculous and unneeded to me. Flash popping in was great. As a comic fan that was a wonderful surprise.

Cavill is best Superman, again, and I have zero complaints about him. Would have liked to have seen the character a little more fleshed out especially him actually having a chance to be questioned by the senate committee, but whatever.

Facebook guy is an awful Lex. Just awful. I get kiiiinda why they're going this route, but every Lex before this was better. Fuck, Hackman's Lex was better.

Gadot is the worst choice I can possibly imagine for Wonder Woman. She doesn't fit in the slightest. On top of that, it's pretty much, "hi I'm wonder woman, gonna fight for a bit, I'm also Super OP but whatev's here's a smirk for you!" Fucking terrible. I was really frustrated that her powers were anywhere near Superman's didn't make sense in the slightest.

Doomsday was a meh villain, but his energy explosions were rad.

Oh, and can we be done with people yelling at other people to get out of buildings? I get that it's a big city, but we don't need any more "looking out the window" reaction shots in the Daily Planet.
>>
Is it even worth pirating?
>>
>this will be better than deadpool they said

Kek
>>
>>67455975
Except return of the king was good and bvs was shit you fuckin faglord
>>
>>67461141
only good part of the flick is when batman and superman and that's literally 2 hours in
>>
I think the flaws are really nitpicking. The movie was fantastic. If you read comics you will see how this movie is so much like a graphic novel or a comic book. So amazing. Story was great, covered a huge amount of ground thematically, story wise, commercially (sure). Just all around amazing job. I don't understand the harsh criticism really. Not warranted at all.
>>
I don't read comics, so I don't know the whole story here, but I absolutely loved it.
Probably the first cape shit I'll go back and see again
>>
>>67461406
>I don't understand the harsh criticism really. Not warranted at all.
same. I'm arguing with my FB friends about it. apparently it felt rushed and didn't make sense to them. the dream sequence with flash was confusing to them as well.

as if they've never seen flash go through time before.
>>
>>67461406
My shill detector is off the charts

Or just infected with /co/ faggotry
>>
>>67455501
>Just saw Batman V. Superman
Is that really the title? How come? Where are the other four Batfleck movies? Is Snyder that much of a hack?
>>
>>67461576
Everyone already knew hes a fucking hack since watchmen
>>
>>67455501
I actually want to buy the blu ray now to see how the director's cut was like
>>
> DAT WONDER WOMAN SCORE
I scream like an Amazonian woman - AALALALALALALALA!
>>
>>67455501
I agree with most of what you said, though I thought Eisenberg was fine (not the badly-written character, but the well-done performance).
I gave it a 3/10.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.