[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever dropped a show for being too boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed-1200x675.jpg (180 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1200x675.jpg
180 KB, 1200x675
Have you ever dropped a show for being too boring?
>>
>>68218171
The Sopranos
>>
Mad Man
>>
Walking dead
>>
>>68218199
absolute
>>
>>68218205
TWD is not boring. It has boring episodes, but overall its pretty excitng
>>
>>68218171
Jimmy mentioned that his commercial was going to played during Diagnosis Murder. Which had an episode titled "living on the streets can be Murder" which guest starred Bryan Cranston as a homeless guy named Walter. IIRC the episode might of had something to with Lilly of the Valley as well.
>>
>>68218253
not really
>>
File: Dark-Shadows-1.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Shadows-1.jpg
661 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw the pleb kids calling BCS boring this season have an autism flare-up when Gus comes on screen next week
>>
>>68218285
Cameos are literally the only thing this show has going on. I'm not gonna watch just for that
>>
>>68218379
It won't be a cameo, it will be the side story of the formation of his empire with Mike at his side
>>
>>68218171
Jessica Jones.
A friend was all "you've got to watch it anon, it's great", so I made it up to the house episode and dropped it.
Was Jessica's pussy really that great that Killgrave would stalk her while he was being cucked by a black man?
Literally nothing happens the, the TV Show.
>>
>walking dead
>mad men
>bates motel

and probably a few that I can't even remember
>>
>>68218205

I dropped this show because the fucking zombies are still an issue.

Listen, the zombies are not an issue anymore. Enough with the fucking zombies. They should all be fucking dead by now. Why are there still fucking zombies? There's fucking zero explanation you can give me that the zombies are still functioning like fucking 2 years after the outbreak, let alone a threat to anyone involved. Zero.

Garbage.
>>
>>68218937
>There's fucking zero explanation you can give me that the zombies are still functioning like fucking 2 years after the outbreak

Zombies couldn't function on day 1 you autist and they haven't given any explanation for them in the show so for all you know it's literal magic making them move.
>>
>>68218824
i reckon the whole season could be cobbled together into one entertaining two hour movie without leaving out too much
>>
>>68219000
the one that got bob was pretty much a skelly sitting underwater
>>
>>68218171
Mad Men
>>
>>68218253
There was a period in season 4 or 5 when I considered dropping it. It was just so fucking repetitive and boring a slow.
>>
I drop shows for being contrived, relentlessly negative, being obvious masturbatory writing room drivel.

Whenever the show is obviously just a paycheque to a bunch of half employed orci, kurtzman, abrams level pseudo plagiarists I can quit that.
>>
Quantico (desu)
>>
>the energy drinks/ instant reward/ short attention span generation

No surprise you millennials find everything boring.
>>
>>68218199
This.

OTOH I'm lovin' Saul.
>>
File: 593.gif (468 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
593.gif
468 KB, 500x282
>>68218199
>>68218894
>>68219046
>>68219267

That's cool. You just missed one of the best shows in the history of television. No big deal.
>>
Vikings. The writing was so fucking dull
>>
>>68218171

Last episode was GOAT tier desu senpai
>>
>>68219187
>millennials
1980-1999
>>
>>68218253
>TWD is not boring
dude, National Geographic has literally less forest footage than TWD, what are you talking about
and if I wanted to learn how retarded human beings behave I'll just browse 4chan (which I do)
>>
>>68218199
this
>>
iZombie

I usually follow things to the end.

Watched the first episode of 11.22.63 and don't think I'll watch another.

I like BCS, it's not boring.
>>
File: 1439517037906.jpg (13 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1439517037906.jpg
13 KB, 208x199
>>68219637
>missing out meme

Conscious experience is the most subjective thing known.

For example, my center of consciousness could be that of a fly, and my view of reality would be entirely different than a fish's.

Even among human beings, the subjective experience of reality varies greatly. Some have awful color vision acuity, some have been depressed for years and cannot derive enjoyment from anything, some people only like soap operas and hate video games, others love tending to vegetables, still some like to smoke weed.

If you find something lacking, or you just plain don't want to watch/do it without a substantial reason ("I feel like it") then you have the power to walk away, every time.

I too dropped Mad Man because, guess what? It got boring. It became UNFUN to watch. I wasn't craving the next episode anymore like a crack addict. That doesn't mean I didn't give it several chances to get the ball rolling again, I certainly did, it just failed to deliver.

You "bucket list" people are the worst. You do things to check boxes and embellish your personal narrative-it's hilarious.
>>
>>68220011
>Watched the first episode of 11.22.63 and don't think I'll watch another.
WATCH IT
>>
>>68220103
It's shit.

I can't deal with "the past" conveniently intervening in really, REALLY convenient ways to thwart the main role's efforts to change it.

Why would the past want to stay the same? The show gives no convincing reason. How would the past know exactly how to stop change from happening when stopping that change necessitates that change must occur? Why is the past personified? That makes zero sense and it makes me actively fucking angry.

Oh, and I'm not the kind of person that kind suspend his disbelief. There's just a critical point where if I make an audible sigh while watching a show because of excessive ridiculousness, then I just drop it.
>>
File: hendricks7.gif (496 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
hendricks7.gif
496 KB, 500x257
>>68220085

Postmodernism, please go.
>>
Mad Men
That solar system fedora show
Orphan Black
>>
>>68220216

>Why would the past want to stay the same? The show gives no convincing reason. How would the past know exactly how to stop change from happening when stopping that change necessitates that change must occur? Why is the past personified? That makes zero sense and it makes me actively fucking angry.

I had problems with that, too. My biggest problem with "the past" was:

From the beginning, "the past" goes through crazy ways to try and stop Franco. The first time we see "the past" try and stop Franco, it literally tries to kill him by driving a car through the phone booth he's in, killing the driver of car in the process. And it apparently speaks, and says that whole, "you're not supposed to be here," or whatever. Then, at the end when he's on his way to stop Oswald, all "the past" does is like, stand in his way. Like, what the fuck? That's what you're going to do to stop him in the climactic scene? Just stand in his way? You went from trying to murder him with a car and killed a young driver 3 years from when this climactic scene is supposed to take place to just standing in his way 3 minutes before the climactic thing? Horrible.
>>
>>68220411
Oh, and Dexter. I haven't seen the last season.
>>
>>68220451
i stopped watching when his girlfriend was murdered and never looked back
>>
>>68220216
11.22 is shit because it drops all of its plot lines 2 episodes before the finale.
>>
Dexter after season 4
Sons of Anarchy after season 3

Though I dropped them less out of boredom and more out of a sense of "what the fuck was I even doing watching this garbage in the first place"

Also FTWD but that's a given at this point for every human being as nobody made it through season 1 as it was fucking terrible
>>
House of Cards. It's shit
>>
If BCS actually ran the idea of actually having equal screen time for all the side-characters of BrBa, this show would actually be fun and enjoyable.

Even Saul goodman is completely fucking boring and isn't snazzy or charismatic or even confident like he was on BrBa.
>hurr character development
yeah right, 2 fucking seasons of character development, probably more. is that good?

It's a completely different show the only thing that even resembles the original BrBa characters is mike and tuco.

The side characters from BrBa are the only redeeming factor to this rotten show.
>>
File: DisdainForCommoners.jpg (15 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
DisdainForCommoners.jpg
15 KB, 220x282
>>68220896
Might wanna try watching the original 90s adaptation.

It isn't reliant on filler like the US version and its infinitely better in every possible way my good man.
>>
File: 1234banana.png (227 KB, 561x315) Image search: [Google]
1234banana.png
227 KB, 561x315
-The Sopranos
-Mad Men
-Mr Robot
-The Blacklist
-Sherlock
-American Horror Story
-Hannibal
-Heroes
-Daredevil

To be honest I still don't understand how I managed to finish season 1 of the Leftovers.
>>
>>68221070
I dropped last season of hannibal too, it got so pretentious and boring
>>
>>68218171
Yeah that one
>>
>>68221070
This
>Sopranos
Too old
>Mad Men
Nothing happens
>Sherlock
3 eps a season? 2 years between seasons? Fuck off. Also, Wattson getting married
>AHS
Turned into feminism shit
>Hannibal
Got cancelled, so no reason to continue
>Daredevil
Magic ninja war
>>
>>68218199
almost did, just barely made if after the final season split into two, fuck I hate this trend
>>
>>68218171
I almost dropped Mad Men during season 3 when every episode was just Don sleeping around, it improved though
>>
If people find BCS boring it's because they don't like Jimmy/Saul as a character enough. Loved him in Bb and I hang on to every word while watching BCS, but that could be because my obsession with Bb is borderline autistic.
>>
>>68218171
That show I did, yes.
>>
>>68221576
If your autism is so strong drop some of these obscure reference like Mike pointing the rifle at a painting that depicts the place where he dies in BrB.1
>>
>>68221806
I mostly sperg over the color coding
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.