[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top Gear, Amazon Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Top Gear.png (471 KB, 645x916) Image search: [Google]
Top Gear.png
471 KB, 645x916
Which show will /tv/ be watching, Top Gear or the lads' new amazon show? And why are they making Top Gear compete directly with it?
>>
>>68216353
it was never about the show, it's about the hosts doing the craziest shit ever conceived and being hilarious while doing it.

Top gear will be watched, but just to see what they are gonna do.

Everyone loves Jezza Hamster and captain slow, nobody likes that fuckin carrot top faggot, i like joey but that's about it.

Amazon gear will be insane
>>
>>68216353
>And why are they making Top Gear compete directly with it?
Maybe they're finally tired of the ginger faggot
>>
Head to head with Clarkson? The BBC are proving to be more stupid than ever. Only they could get rid of one of their most successful shows of all time by their small mindedness . Then try to emulate it . The show was the presenters not the cars, caravans or trucks. The three worked beautifully together. Of course the BBC being the propaganda machine of the government of the day has nobody to answer to when it throws taxpayers money down the drain.
>>
>>68216656

I don't know man Jezza is kind of an asshole he can't always get free passes, for as much as i love the man, he is always in trouble for something, i understand BBC wanting to punish him, but they went too far.

He DID punch a guy in the face, so yeah, the show was never coming from bbc it was the trio and the producers who know have quit bbc and went to work for the new amazon show, so the only thing remaining for BBC is the "brand" and stig
>>
>>68216353
>And why are they making Top Gear compete directly with it?

Because they know the ratings from the BBC are going to be shit so they are doubling down.

Toppest Gear on Amazon is going to ruin them.
>>
>>68216727
If they could let all those people who raped dozens of children squeak by they can let a small tussle squeak by.
>>
>>68216727
>>68216782

ROTHERHAM
>>
>>68216782
Yeah i completely understand, but this is a matter of public image and they feared that by keeping him after he was warned, would ruin their image, even though a monetary punishment and a public apology would have been a better option

Now i hate the bbc and i'm not even british
>>
I'll be watching the Amazon show as well as Top Gear USA
>>
>>68216841
you are the worst kind of person

please don't
>>
>>68216353
>no woman and nigger in that pic
FALSE ADVERTISEMENT
>>
>>68216806
Yeah, that is quite an unfortunate event, that will forever be associated with Britbongs.

#notallmuslims
#lovethepakis
#lethepkishitheflor

I didn't follow the whole thing, have the perpetrators been put in lifetime jail? or What happened to them?

Are they still alive?
>>
>>68216871
I've already seen every season so far, why should I stop now?
>>
>>68216951
I still don't understand why aren't they stopping.

It's such a poorly executed moneygrab, i don't love top gear because of the name, i love it because of the humor that the 3 best hosts in tv history bring.

They are grown up 12 year old's that play pranks on each other and have fun in luxury cars aswell as cheap shit.

Jezza Hamster and May is what made top gear what it is, not the name.

Why are you watching 3 boring faggots trying to imitate something that comes once in a lifetime?
>>
>>68217027

You don't just give up on your biggest show. You give it a shot, even if it's a one in a million chance.
>>
>>68217154
i just can't stand them even they didn't do anything to me, the show is boring, even if they are trying to do the craziest stunts.

They have no connection with each other, they aren't buddies the same way top gear uk is

Also Hamster is top host
>>
>>68217216

I'm not disagreeing. Just I understand why they weren't going to just drop the show. Also doing so would be basically admitting Clarkson was right. He got away with what he did for so long because he was seen as irreplaceable. If they up and cancelled when he was fired then they would have proven him right. He will will be, but they're going to try to prove him wrong.
>>
>>68217027
Because I like the show. They really aren't trying to imitate the original anymore. That was really just the first couple of seasons. It's developed into its own show and the hosts have found their grooves.

This is why the Australian and Russian versions didn't last very long. They tried to stick exactly to the same formula as the original and never tried to develop into their own.

Also, I'm a car guy. I watch all types of car shows. I don't watch the original TG for the cars, but I absolutely do watch TGUS for the cars. Being an American show, they feature a lot of cars that the UK show didn't.
>>
I still don't understand why they chose Chris Evans. Don't they realize how many people dislike him? And it's not like the few who don't dislike him are passionate about him and would watch Top Gear just because he's in it.
>>
>>68217358
Wouldn't be surprised if he called up and begged for the show. Maybe he's offered to do it for peanuts.
>>
>>68217337
Clarckson is such a stupid orangutan but i love him

>>68217345
I guess, i'm gonna go watch some of the best TGUK episodes and cry, because i'm so happy that something great is about to happen

Also Clarckson almost died in a stunt a couple of days ago
>>
>>68217420

He's called himself a dinosaur for ages. He knows he doesn't fit in with the modern world and would rather die as he is then try to adapt to it. Even if people don't like him there is something admirable about it.
>>
>>68217358
I think the bbc are so detached with their viewers they just opened a book of available persons and selected the first one.
>>
>>68217358
This, he's a terrible choice, nobody likes him and he doesn't even know cars. He has literally 0 excuse to be on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he called in some favours to get this gig.
>>
>>68217509

He knows as much about cars as Clarkson; He likes to drive and collect them and knows a lot of them, he just doesn't know as much about how they work.
>>
>>68217529
Hasn't Clarkson been a motoring journalist for decades test driving hundreds/thousands of cars? I really doubt Chris Evans knows as much.
>>
anyone watching the Japanese top gear about motorcycles?
>>
A bloody poof, Sabine "i was on top gear once" Schmitz and goddamn Joey. Can't wait.
>>
>>68218279
hwat?

is that a thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 822x729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 822x729
>>68218367
Yeah
>>
File: Queen_gun.jpg (120 KB, 480x412) Image search: [Google]
Queen_gun.jpg
120 KB, 480x412
>>68217420
>Almost Died

More like the BBC realising their new top gear is doom and having to get rid of the competition.
>>
The BBC rapes children.
>>
>>68219502
That's actually true. Nick and Disney too.
>>
>>68219502
>>68219559
They also helped cover for that sociopath Savile.
>>
I'll watch the new Top Gear but expect it to be a train wreck.

Will watch the new Amazon show, but I suspect with all the constraints removed it'll become too self-indulgent and lose the charm it had left.
>>
>>68216461
>it's about the hosts doing the craziest shit ever conceived
Driving through Vietnam
Driving through the Middle East
Driving through Argentina
Driving through Botswana

Sure is the "craziest shit ever conceived". I bet you think eating out-of-date cheesecake is living in the wild side too.
>>
>>68219559
I thought Nick and Disney just groomed children to become sex icons, I didn't know they actually raped them like the BBC does.
>>
>>68219648
>all the constraints removed

Like not being allowed to mutter racist jokes and foul swearing?
>>
>>68219678
Has TPUSA ever done anything similar??

Also the scenery from those trips is mindblowing
>>
File: Screenshot (295).png (1017 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (295).png
1017 KB, 1366x768
>>68219678
Also yeah, eating out of date cheesecakes is very dangerous and can lead to serious repercussions

It's milk, it's active bacteria, what part of that doesn't sound dangerous to you ??
>>
File: mad edgelord.gif (1002 KB, 169x168) Image search: [Google]
mad edgelord.gif
1002 KB, 169x168
>>68221243
>>
>No Amazon Prime in my area
>New Top Gear on Netflix

Oh no....
>>
>>68218537
im watching
I watched the OVA 1 week before and now i am watching the series

actualy is pretty funny
>>
>>68222092
at least we have torrent
>>
>>68216727
>I don't know man Jezza is kind of an asshole
That's literally his thing. He's an asshole on TV, he's an asshole in his newspaper column, and he's an asshole in real life. But he's a funny asshole.

This isn't the UN, I don't see how it matters what they do in real life as long as they aren't in jail for it.
>>
>>68222385
>But he's a funny asshole.
Only assholes find him funny
>>
>thought they meant Captain America Chris Evans when this was announced
>American so have no clue who the hell anyone on the new TG is besides Matt LeBlanc
>tfw wishing it was Cap
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.