[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would people be less nickpickey about Star Wars I-VII if it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 1500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 1500x500
Solves a lot of the complaint's the purist have.

>long exposition sceans
>romance
>over the top action with super human battles
>Anythinh that was once CG-I or a rubber suit is now done in the same format (2d)
>Awkward dialogue is given more of a pass because "anime."
>Rey fits in with all the other Mary Sue anime protagonists

Prove me wrong /tv/!
>>
File: 1426326920495.jpg (26 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1426326920495.jpg
26 KB, 380x380
>let's mix the 2 most autistic thing ever anime and star wars
>>
So you mean animes are usually as lame and shitty as TFA?
That's a fact.
>>
>less nickpickey if it was an anime?
Probably, since less than 1% of the people who saw the movie watch anime.
>>
>>68215605
>Image.jpg
>anime
>Jojofag

is reddit down or something?
>>
>>68215722
The only difference is more fanboys would be in denial about it because anime seems to get away with bad characters and sloppy plot more often.
>>
>>68215722
funny thing that op's description fits the prequel trilogy more
>>
File: beam rotors.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
beam rotors.webm
2 MB, 960x540
We've already got a cartoon show full of that sort of thing.
>>
>>68215834
Op, here. I'm actually a big preaquel fag and yes... I was thinking more about the preaquels but added one little bit about Rey. However... the only difference is if the PT were an anime... it would be one of the better once... where has The Force Awakens would be one of those pretentious pieces of crap people pretend is actually good but it really isn't.
>>
>>68215894
Except Ezra isn't a sue... and actually more like Anakin... even started out as increablily unlikable in the first season EP II... but became more base in Clone Wars/Episode III.
>>
>>68215605
The prequels were anime = the dislike
>>
>>68215894
God... that fucking helicopter thing was so fucking stupid! And I'm a fucking prequel fan.
>>
>>68215605
>if

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

Someone hasn't seen the best Anakin Skywalker content(apart from something that might happen in the 2008 series, I dunno, haven't finished it).
>>
>>68215605
>An anime of the Imperial side would not be Goat tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
File: hug.gif (999 KB, 495x367) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
999 KB, 495x367
>>68215605
I would LOVE to make Star Wars into a straight up magical girl show, complete with scenes focused on princesses singing about their emotions, just to satisfy me, and to hell with all the people this would piss off. It would legit be better than what Star Wars is now.
>>
>>68215894
WHO THE FUCK LET THIS HAPPEN ?
>>
>>68216056

Same person who let this happen.
>>
>>68216087
And that's why it is okay!

They did enough awesome to let us shrug off that retarded helicopter thing.... but barely.
>>
>>68216144

Yeah it was honestly a great, strong finale and I've mostly enjoyed the series so far. I can excuse little silly things because it's rewarding to see Maul murdering Imperial agents and Vader kicking the crap out of everyone and Ahsoka's ambiguous exit and so on.
>>
>>68215605
the plot is just fucking awful and Rey is so much of a mary sue the series would get panned as a badly written entry for small children
>>
>>68215605
yes, but only because no one would give a shit about it
>>
>>68215605
No, what would happen is the original trilogy would be praised as one of the greatest animes of all time
The prequel trilogy would be seen as decent sure for an anime, but nowhere near as good as the OT

And ep7 would be divided between people who think that all anime should be generic and stupid and people that remember hw great the OT was
Basically, it would be like comparing akira to naruto
>>
File: bicker.jpg (37 KB, 450x323) Image search: [Google]
bicker.jpg
37 KB, 450x323
>>68215605
It would be a yaoi anime
>>
>>68215894
They didnt fly so good
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.