[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the original Dracula movie? I liked it and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: tod-browning-dracula.jpg (55 KB, 992x819) Image search: [Google]
tod-browning-dracula.jpg
55 KB, 992x819
Thoughts on the original Dracula movie?

I liked it and I'm not a fan of vampire movies

it was a 6/10 movie
>>
>>68210269
a 6? easily an 8

practically every other vampire movie ever made was influenced by it....as far as the entire history of monster movies goes, it is just about the best there is

the hell with citizen cane, if you want cinematography, watch dracula....it was even 10 years earlier
>>
File: images (83).jpg (26 KB, 321x458) Image search: [Google]
images (83).jpg
26 KB, 321x458
Nosferatu is far better. You cannot complain
>>
>>68210269
It's the original capekino.
>>
>>68211863

Nosferatu with the Type O Negative soundtrack and David Carradine introduction is even better. I watch the DVD every Halloween.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH7L4V-3VxA
>>
>>68210269
You judge it harshly according to modern standards you seem.

There movie has issues but it has an absolutely incredible performance by Lugosi. He is mesmerizing in this movie and the way he played Dracula had been etched into the collective human consciousness. People who had never seen the movie will think of 'Lugosi's' Dracula when you asked them to conjure up an image in their minds.

I'd recommend watching it with the official soundtrack that was recorded for the movie in the 00s.

>>68211863
Nosferatu is amazing. That shot of him slowly creeping towards that coffin-like shaped door is so unsettling.
>>
>>68213566
it seems*

the movie*

>>68211841
>if you want cinematography, watch dracula

The Spanish Version is even better! It begs to have Lugosi in it.
>>
>>68210269

The first capeshit movie?
>>
>>68213614
>capekino*

fixed that for you. This is perhaps the only time when this meme can be used unironically
>>
>>68210269

I found it dull. 4/10. The 1931 Frankenstein was much better.
>>
>>68212122
What are the best soundtracks/different versions for Nosferatu?

I found one once that had this really creepy dissonant jazz guitar but I've never been able to find it again
>>
>>68213925
Frankenstein and Dracula are about even. But Bride of Frankenstein is better than both.
>>
>>68214418

Not sure about all of that, but the Werner Herzog remake is genuinely creepy. Klaus Kinski in vampire makeup is pure nightmare fuel.
>>
File: nosferatu11.jpg (688 KB, 2065x1613) Image search: [Google]
nosferatu11.jpg
688 KB, 2065x1613
max schreck: superior
>>
The sets were fucking amazeballs.
>>
File: dwight-frye-renfield.jpg (19 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
dwight-frye-renfield.jpg
19 KB, 550x300
This man is an unsung hero of all of the universal monster shit.
>>
>>68210269
The first half is pretty great. I really dig the lack of music and the atmosphere is wonderful. It starts to lose its steam when Van Helsing gets introduced and kind of just turns into a stage play. Still, a great performance and some really iconic moments. 6/10 seems fair.
>>
File: Lupita.jpg (1004 KB, 2117x2702) Image search: [Google]
Lupita.jpg
1004 KB, 2117x2702
>>68210269
the mexican version they filmed back to back is way superior, only if for the scantily clad qt

also, hardly the original dracula movie, there's another one made 10 years before.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.