[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: kevin smith.jpg (130 KB, 844x474) Image search: [Google]
kevin smith.jpg
130 KB, 844x474
>"Look, I was wrong"
>"This film has flaws, but it's a flawed masterpiece"
>"The best on screen representation of Batman in cinematic history"

Why is he changing his mind now and saying he loves this movie? I consider him to be one of the ultimate authorities on Batman, so this makes me wonder

Were we wrong? Is Batman V Superman a misunderstood masterpiece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDsw86ATrQ0
>>
>>68207203
Absolutely kino.
>>
Maybe he screened the R version?
>>
The fat fuck is literally a DC employee, they also allow his shitty Comic Book Men show to have access to DC creators and use a lot of their imagery.

Paid Shill, no more, no less.
>>
When you consider that it's basically Man of Steel 2, it goes from being an average flick to being a phenomenal sequel film

funny what a title change can do
>>
or he was simply paid off to say it, he could probably do with the money
>>
>>68207274
Not to mention him and Affleck are butt buddies from way back.
>>
>Were we wrong?
No. I paid money to go see the movie, I went in with no bias whatsoever, and I am fully capable of analyzing a film's features. It's a bad movie.
>>
>>68207203
Kevin Smith ceased to be the authority on anything past the 90s
>>
>>68207292
It's not funny, it's inaccurate, because a title change does nothing.
>>
>>68207203
>Were we wrong? Is Batman V Superman a misunderstood masterpiece?
We've been saying that since day one you fuck.
Don't fall for the memes. Forget fanboys like Kevin Smith's opinion, he knows fuck-all about art and cinema, and will change his "opinion" to what benefits him the most.

That being said, BvS is a cinematic masterpiece in every sense of the word.
>>
File: 24589043723.jpg (39 KB, 283x269) Image search: [Google]
24589043723.jpg
39 KB, 283x269
>>68207346
>>
>>68207203

How do you consider him to be a leading authority on Batman?

Did you even READ Widening Gyre?
>>
File: 1441629509523s.jpg (4 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1441629509523s.jpg
4 KB, 123x125
>>68207203
>that damage control in the first 2 minutes of the video
LOVING EVERY LAUGH
>>
File: harley quinn smith.jpg (41 KB, 459x319) Image search: [Google]
harley quinn smith.jpg
41 KB, 459x319
>he literally named his daughter Harley Quinn
>instead of being fucked up somehow she turned out ok
>she actively cosplays the character in real life

Is this real life /tv/

how can this happen?
>>
>>68207356
It gives the film context you fucking moron.
>>
>>68207351
>liked
>>
>>68207274
he also shills Marvel all the time and says every chance he gets how great their movies are and how they've never made a bad movie
>>
>>68207383
What part threw you off, anon?
The "going outside" part?
Or the "having disposable money" part?
Or the "this objectively awful movie is---shockingly---awful" part?
>>
>>68207430
She's a better harleen than that fridge
>>
>>68207441
The film had context without that, cutie.
>>
>>68207203
>Director of BVS lets him see cool stuff
>Realizes harping on the movie hurts this and even possible jobs with Hollywood
>>
>>68207430
Shame about the face
>>
>>68207346
*steps out of the shadows*

You can't have an opinion because you don't understand this production. It's not for you. It's a graphic novel put to film. It's for the fans.

You didn't understand the Knightmare scene. You don't know what parademons are. You don't know what the flashpoint sequence meant, and why the Flash was warning Batman. You don't know what happened to Robin, and why. You don't know who Superman was fighting at the end, or who Lex teased in the deleted scene.

Basically you don't know shit, so you have no authority to even have an opinion.

You're done kiddo.

*spins rapidly and teleports away*
>>
>>68207203
>DC pays Kevin Smith to watch BvS and say nice things about it
>he does
>he eventually criticizes it
>DC pays him to recant
>he does
Rinse and repeat. Maybe this is the real reason why WB is cutting out more big budget projects.
>>
>>68207475
>"this objectively awful movie is---shockingly---awful"

It's a great movie with minor continuity errors.
>>
>>68207560
>>68207530
The best part is, I can't tell if these posts are parodies or not, because this is how retarded DC fans have become.

Did you guys defend Green Lantern or Batman & Robin this hard?
>>
>>68207620
There was actually a sizable Green Lantern Defense Corps patrolling /tv/ and /co/ at one point.
>>
>>68207620
>Did you guys defend Green Lantern or Batman & Robin this hard?
No.
But BvS is truly too smart for the general audience.
>>
>>68207384
>Widening Gyre

Just because he's a shit writer sometimes doesn't mean he doesn't know his shit when it comes to Batman.

That said Kevin Smith basically completely revitalized Green Arrow. There probably wouldn't even be the tv show now, if it wasn't for Smith's re-interpretation of the character.
>>
File: 4.jpg (68 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
68 KB, 706x706
>>68207683
>responding to bait
I fell for it, senpai.
>>
>>68207620
>Did you guys defend Green Lantern or Batman & Robin this hard?

Batman and Robin is trash but Green Lantern is underrated
>>
>>68207274
>>68207294
>>68207312
>>68207532
Why did he say it was bad at first? That part makes no sense. He called Batfleck Bat-Trump.
>>
>>68207751
Opinions you don't agree with aren't automatically bait, anon.
>>68207683
Good thing I'm not the general audience. I've been a Batman fan my entire life, and I'm disappointed in the movie because of how poorly handled it was. The blame falls on Snyder and WB. Snyder for being a bad, one-dimensional director, and WB for editing it very poorly.

I assume you're this anon? >>68207530
>You didn't understand the Knightmare scene. You don't know what parademons are.
It's a premonition, same with how Tony saw the invasion of Earth in Age of Ultron. The demons were from Darkseid.
>You don't know what the flashpoint sequence meant, and why the Flash was warning Batman.
I'm 99% sure every DC fan played Injustice.
>You don't know what happened to Robin, and why
I actually have A Death in the Family. So yeah, I do.
>You don't know who Superman was fighting at the end, or who Lex teased in the deleted scene.
It was Doomsday, and Lex 'teased' Darkseid at the end of the movie.

So try harder, and watch who you're talking to. Don't assume everyone is a low-IQ casual.
>>
File: sad affleck.jpg (299 KB, 1341x1006) Image search: [Google]
sad affleck.jpg
299 KB, 1341x1006
>>68207757
He wanted to be agreeable with the "crowd"

Now the only people still talking about the movie are actual fans and people who liked it, and he realizes that it's going to be here for awhile, so he might as well look over the flaws and enjoy it for what it is, and in making this decision, he has realized there's actually a lot to like here
>>
>>68207489
No it doesn't.

MoS shows that the hatred towards superman wasn't justified. That he was trying to save everyone and the destruction was Zods fault.
>>
File: superman batman kryptonite.jpg (1 MB, 2890x1022) Image search: [Google]
superman batman kryptonite.jpg
1 MB, 2890x1022
>>68207885
You might not be a casual, but you are objectively low-IQ if you can be a lifelong Batman fan and still hate this film, considering it's probably the best cinematic Batman representation to date, both in terms of suit, accuracy to the comics, voice work, fighting style, etc.

Also I realize this film isn't smooth in transition, and jumps from ark to ark pretty poorly, (like Bruce realizing he's being manipulated by Lex Luthor, and sparing Superman, and then they are best friends).

The film poorly explains scenes like this, but if you've read the comics (which you probably have a thousand times), it doesn't need to be narrated for you, you already know what's happening.
>>
dcucks on suicide watch

people care about you pls dont do it
>>
>>68207203
PAID BY DC
A
I
D

B
Y

D
C
>>
>>68208062
>if you've read the comics
The thing is you don't even need to read the comics to understand the plot. Only thing required is basic critical thinking, which most people sadly lack.
In time people will understand and join the enlightened in the sun, but not today, not today.
>>
>>68208062
>Also I realize this film isn't smooth in transition, and jumps from ark to ark pretty poorly, (like Bruce realizing he's being manipulated by Lex Luthor, and sparing Superman, and then they are best friends).

Plebs can't handle seeing Grant Morrison's writing style represented on screen.
>>
>>68207430
>she turned out ok
hahaha nope she's a vapid idiotic hollywood parasite. She's going to be sucking on daddy's teet forever unless daddy greases some palms to get her to become a famous actress. She's almost 18 and hasn't been in shit but her dad's movies.
>>
remember that time Kevin Smith said he liked the Star Wars prequels

Smith is a sell out and always has been; why do you think he's friends with so many people in Hollywood
>>
>>68208163
If audiences had basic critical thinking then Adam Sandler would have never made another film post-Grown Ups. Face it, cinema is dead. We need more films that aren't afraid to take risks.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.