[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have the day off >stay at home >curl up in my blanket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: Phantom-menace.jpg (122 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Phantom-menace.jpg
122 KB, 1000x800
>have the day off
>stay at home
>curl up in my blanket
>watch star wars: the phantom menace
Holy shit this movie is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>68206362
Please tell me you're watching the non-cheese version on YouTube.
>>
Nostalgia can make anything look good.
>>
>>68206505
Nope.

>>68206560
I was 19 when Phantom Menace came out and absolutely hated it at the time.
>>
>>68206505
>non-cheese version on YouTube.
what does it remove?
>>
>>68206362
upboat
>>
remember jar jar is a sith
>>
>>68206860
Pretty much all of these scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJG50U2YZhE&nohtml5=False

They also do things like change the aliens to have an alien language that gets subtitled (so like all of Jar-Jar's lines are subtitled).
>>
>>68206362

atack of the clones is more comfy tbqh
>>
>>68206362
Yes, it's great for falling asleep.
>>
>>68207193
Gonna watch it next.
>>
>>68206994
thats the cheese edit, not anti cheese
>>
>>68206994
i can't see the scene around 5:30 where jar jar has the droid stuck to his leg without thinking of the unedited version where a black dude jumps around in front of a green screen like a retard
>>
Phantom Edit/Anti Cheese Edit showed that the movie could have been saved on many fronts

Its a shame how things turned out
>>
>comfy
This word doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
>>68207300
Yes. I said "it cuts out all of these scenes."
>>
>>68206362
have you watched the original or the anticheese edits
>>
>>68206362
I have been saying for years that TPM is the best out of the trilogy but you shills don't listen.
>>
>>68206994
Jesus christ If I had no knowledge of star wars and I watched this shit I would think this was some type of parody or terrible comedy.

What the fuck is wrong with George Lucas? How did the producers or script writers or actors or even the fucking cameramen NOT say *anything*?
>>
Comfyfags are the worst
>>
Duel of fate is one of the comfyiest piece of music out there in the star wars movies
>>
>>68207546
You're not supposed to take Star Wars as seriously as you do, friend. If you relax, you'll enjoy life more.
>>
>>68207484
ah shit, i read it wrong. my apologies anon
>>
>>68206362
this movie is fucking shit fyi
>>
TPM is the best out of the prequels fucking comfy as shit.
>>
>>68209173
>>68209173
>comfy

what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
TPM is the only prequel that looks like a movie and not a video game

It's the best one tb h
>>
>>68206505
Just watched this. Turns the movie from a 3/10 at best to a solid 6/10. Obviously its just a band aid but it works much better
>>
File: sheev.gif (1 MB, 200x166) Image search: [Google]
sheev.gif
1 MB, 200x166
>ctrl + f no RoTS
>>
>be 17 go watch TPM with buddies in my Vauxhall nova.
> smoke some dude weed lol
> Crawl starts OMG
> crawl is not that great
>pod racing FX is so solid
>duel of fates awesome
>I didn't really like it buddies
>it ok, buddy says the next one will be better
>they are is just setting the story up for episode 2
> go smoke some more dude weed lol
> talk about how I cant wait to see dark vader in the suit in episode 2
>murdering and betraying all the jedi (like old obi 1 mentions in ep4)
>all my buddys agree

>cant wait for episode2
> my anni how you've grown etc etc
>tragic cgi
>hayden

fucking dropped.

>fast forward to ep3 still waiting for dark vader going into suit and killing all jedi in 5 or 6 different fights vader vs all the fodder jedi etc ,,,,,,,,duel of fates x100.

>get 5 min scene of vader going into suit and shouting noooooooooooooooooo.

>noooooooo
>star wars is dead 4eva
>>
>>68209581
Mr Lucas could have made anything he wanted.

and we got phantom lol
it was like a backward step from the original trilogy.
>>
>>68206362

>have the day off

Off from what? You make it sound like it's only one day of freedom or something.
>>
File: Yaddle.jpg (10 KB, 332x361) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle.jpg
10 KB, 332x361
Daily reminder the "yaddle puppet" was meant to be a young yoda originally playing the part of qui gon.
>>
ep1
ep2
ep3
ep7
>>
>>68209909
That would have been horrific
>>
>>68210494
yoda and obi wan ,

find and train a young Anakin only to discover he has a secret spice addiction.that turns him to the dark side when he runs out.
>>
>>68211182
shut up and take my cash.
>>
jar jar
>>
>>68206362
Can confirm, Episode 1 was not as trash as we want it to be. It's fucking bad at parts (Jar Jar) but the movie is comfy

Phantom Edit master race tho, guy made jar jar even not annoying as shit. Best version.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 224x224
this movie (and all the prequels) had artistic integrity unlike JewJew's diversity reboot
>>
Something I see a lot is Newt Gunray being lumped in with what made the prequels bad just because he's kinda goofy and not intimidating. That's the point of his character though, the prequels already have 4 lightsaber wielding villains that are meant to be intimidating and taken seriously, do we really need another one? Newt serves a purpose as the cowardly comic relief villain that makes the heroes and other villains look cool by comparison.
>>
TPM and ROTS are comfy as fuck
>>
>the prequel suck!
Nice meme
>>
File: crazy dance.gif (875 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
crazy dance.gif
875 KB, 450x248
I love being superior all the ignorant children who grew up on the shitty prequels and consider them comfy because they were too stupid to watch good movies from the 80's and 90's.

You faggots don't have shit on The Monster Squad.
>>
why do kids think the prequels sucking is a meme? if you were around during their theatrical run, only RotS got what some might consider favorable reviews. they sucked long before Plinkett.
>>
STAR WARS COMFY RANKING

IV > I > VII > III > V > II > VI
>>
IV > III > V > VI > II > I > VII
>>
>>68215041
Most people liked them initially, probably because of the hype. Same thing is happening with TFA now. Roger Ebert gave TPM a score of 3.5/4.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999

Some fan reactions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg&ab_channel=RetrocadePodcast
>>
File: kg.png (521 KB, 628x481) Image search: [Google]
kg.png
521 KB, 628x481
>>68215179
Nah

there was an undercurrent of hate immediately after Episode I came out.

Absolutely nothing like the critical and fan acclaim that VII is getting. The only people who don't like VII are weirdo contrarians.
>>
>>68209210
go fuck away reddit
>>
>>68215099
IV is the only comfy one imo, though Dagobah scenes with Yoda in V were good too. I think it's to do with the editing, IV focused to the main group most of the film so we were immersed in their story more.
>>
>>68215305
>DUDE WHY DON'T YOU LIKE REHASH OF EPISODE IV DUDE CONTRARIAN LMAO
fuck off child
>>
>>68215449
who cares if it's a rehash? it successfully rebooted a franchise that had become completely lame, became the highest grossing film domestically and sits at what, 93% on RT?

you ARE a contrarian faggot. deal with it.
>>
It's true it has a very colorful /pleasing color palette and music
>>
>>68215510
>93% on RT?

Completely meaningless
>>
>>68215510
>liking lame reboots
faggot ass cancer
>>
>>68206994
What´s the problem with the Theed police using cable guns?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.