[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Harrison Ford really had is charecter die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: Carrie.jpg (5 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
Carrie.jpg
5 KB, 276x182
Harrison ford actually had is character die in the new movie because he didn't want to work with carrie fisher anymore. He made a special request for his character to die. Think about it, why would one of the best characters in history die out? And also who wants to work with carrie fisher? When han solo died everybody was upset in theater, but if princess leia died everyone would be clapping.

Whats your thought on this?
>>
>>68206028
>When han solo died everybody was upset in theater,
Lol. No one under 25 gave a fuck.
>>
>>68206028
>When han solo died everybody was upset in theater

lol
it was some final fantasy levelk cringe
>>
Ford wanted to "kill" Solo since ESB
>>
>>68206028
He was supposed to die in the original trilogy. He's far to old to be an action hero, it was a shameful insert to begin with.
>>
>>68206028
Ford hates Star Wars. They killed his character off because his contract expired.
>>
File: carrie_634x332.jpg (54 KB, 634x332) Image search: [Google]
carrie_634x332.jpg
54 KB, 634x332
>>68206028
>he didn't want to work with carrie fisher anymore
Was it the cocaine?
>>
>>68206028
He did the star wars thing for like 50 years

I dont think he wanted to rejoin that machine

Hes a true alpha who does what he wants when he wants. What a guy.
>>
So would anyone care to break down why working with Carrie Fisher sucks?
>>
>>68206263
Avoid the unhappy and unlucky
>>
>>68206028
What a shit theory. He wanted Han Solo to die to add some weight to RoTJ. To make the movie better. Despite what most people believe, Harrison likes Han Solo.
>>
>>68206263
She was often referred to as the studio slut by George Lucas in multiple interviews because she couldnt stop sucking cock on set.
>>
>>68206028
He's wanted Solo dead since Empire, it has nothing to do with the people he works with and everything to do with him finding the role tedious and thinking there's no real point to Solo and his story is essentially finished after he comes back for his friends at the end of A New Hope.
>>
>>68206028

nobody i know was fucking upset about han dying. hell, chewbacca wasn't even all that upset. one fucking gurgle from the guy and then he's off flying around with daisy dick-me. not a climactic death.
>>
>>68206334
[citation needed] breh
>>
>>68206366
Those lips are your citation.
>>
>>68206433
but he said it was said in multiple interviews

surely theres one source
>>
>>68206466
it's all true. all of it. the dick sucking. the studio slut. all of it.
>>
>>68206339
Actually thinking about it now, having him die at the end of ESB instead of being frozen would have been fucking sick. Rotj needed him though. He carried the franchise.

>yfw ford is one of the greatest blockbuster actors of all time

Why the fuck did he do crystal skull? Fuck!
>>
>>68206334

Prove it, Anon
>>
>>68206334
Unless she was a walking STD warehouse, why would that be a problem if we're talking about 70s/80s Fisher?
>>
>>68206366
>>68206617
what's with all these fags asking for proofs on an unsubstantiated anonymous post? are we being raided?
>>
File: starwars-carrie-fisher-1024.jpg (194 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
starwars-carrie-fisher-1024.jpg
194 KB, 1024x768
>>68206028
>your character is the coolest character ever
>wind up with this
Yeah, I'd want to die, too.
>>
>>68206786
>fingers recoiling from her skin
O I'm laffin
>>
>>68206070
i'm 23 and i gave a fuck
>>
>>68206028
So? why the fuck not tell JJ or Disney for Episode 8 to please not have me in the same scenes as Leia - SIMPLE they could re write the script. ANYTHING rather than having him die so early in this new trilogy :(
>>
>>68206617
>>68206736
I was working part time in the film crew when they were making the original films. We had to do several takes of scenes with Carrie in it because she would always strip down and try to sexually assault our boom mic operator, Mike. Lucas originally wanted to keep these outtakes in but the producers didnt want to go through with it
>>
>>68206028

yeah at the scene being so shitty
>>
>>68206070
24 fucks were given
>>
>>68206070
wut.. I had the worst stomach ache seeing my favorite character die (luckily I was able to see this scene without being spoiled so it came as a complete shock).
>>
>>68207052
your favorite character was grandpa solo?
>>
>>68206910
>>68207052
>it's another plebs out themselves episode
This board is trash
>>
>>68206750
Proof?
>>
>>68206997
It was one of the better parts of the movie. It was the only scene Ford put some effort into and Driver did great.
>>
>>68207878
do you get paid by the post or by the hour?
>>
It got spoiled for me since it was spammed everywhere, so it didn't really have that much of an impact. But I will probably get really upset if they kill Luke cause it means BOIPAHSSED DA CUMPRESSAH will replace him
>>
>>68206160
what is her nail supposed to indicate?
>>
>>68209546
Having a single long nail is indicative of cocaine use, it is used to take a single bump of cocaine.
>>
>>68209610
I see, thanks
>>
>>68208390
>BOIPAHSSED DA CUMPRESSAH

You know, I was rewatching phantom menace a few days ago and realized that her performance is thoroughly Jake Lloyd-tier in quality and range. He sort of got away with it because he was a kid and that's understandable. Daisy gets away with it because she is so adorkable and "muh stronk empowered womyn characters". It's fucking shameful that identity politics can not only excuse but somehow make praiseworthy actors with child-tier ability.

Maybe if Vader were a woman, Jake would be raking in Hollywood millions instead of going in and out of the psych ward.
>>
>>68206070
>I'm a special snowflake and no one is concerned by old stuff but me
>>
>>68206158
This. He also did the new one because he got paid something like $30 million.
>>
>>68206028
>Whats your thought on this?
What's with your English? Are you a poo in the loo?
>>
>>68210012
>her performance is thoroughly Jake Lloyd-tier in quality and range
Come on now, she showed more emotion than Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen combined.
>>
>>68210012
Every single critic out there praises her performance too, so she didn't even just get away with it. She was better than Jake Lloyd, but she was extremely annoying

>that accent
>mouth always open through the entire movie
>poorly written character
>bobs head everytime she speaks

Literally Power Rangers tier actress
>>
>>68206122
this.
>>
>>68206028
LOOK AT THIS>>68214947
>>
HOLD UP! is there a meme that Carrie Fisher was a crazed sex addict on the sets of star wars? This is so amazing. My grandchildren will learn about how the old movie "star wars" was actually just an underground sex ring masqueraded by the presence of an actually movie to keep it secret. They will be told how during filming they would have to ofent stop because she would be grinding her pussy up against the jaba prop getting it all wet while she sucked the boom mic looking George Lucas in the eyes. God what a meme.
>>
>>68206028
Harrison Ford wanted Han to die already in RotJ.
>>
>>68206028I would love to work with Carey Fisher if you know what i mean!
>>
I jerked off to a recent promo pic of Carrie,busted a nut no problem,felt the usual shame but thats nothing unusual.
Get her a few g's of coke and she'd be wild and deffo want it in the ass
>>
File: Carrie-Fisher-031.jpg (552 KB, 1083x1600) Image search: [Google]
Carrie-Fisher-031.jpg
552 KB, 1083x1600
>>68206028
>Whats your thought on this?

My thought is you post no source for this info and you talk out your ass with bullshit and you probably talk about conspiracy theories all day on the internet instead of filling out a job application.
>>
>>68206028
No, he had his character die since he doesn't wanna do this shit anymore and he wants the fucking nerds to get off his back. So he did the smart thing, did one last movie and earned a shit ton of money off of it.
>>
>>68206070
I'm 24 and I'm not going to watch any other Star Wars because there is no harrison
>>
>>68206263
She's a bipolar cokehead. Have you ever tried working with a bipolar cokehead?
>>
>>68206028
>hen han solo died everybody was upset in theater

Literally no one cared, not even in the movie context, it was so shittily done with Rey tearing up.
>>
>>68206028
That its wrong.
Ford wanted Han dead since the OT, he thought it would be fitting for him to die heroically fighting for his friends and their cause.
Lucas wouldn't allow it back then, but since he wasn't in charge of TFA Ford (if I'm not mistaken) insisted that if he was going to come back for this movie, Han was going to die.
>>
This is all bullshit. If you want to know about Han Solo's character being killed by his son, Read Joseph Campbell's 'The Power of Myth'.
The son must kill the father to become the man.
>>
I'm glad I had is my breakfast this morning before reading this.
>>
>>68206786
LOL, he's even trying to keep his face away from her.

I noticed how carefully they edited it to avoid her face while she was talking, because it looked so sad to see what little of her face functioned properly.

Absolutely horrible.

Don't smoke, kids.
>>
>>68206028
>Think about it, why would one of the best characters in history die out?

Because he's wanted Han to die since they were filming Empire. Not because he hates Han, or his costars, but because he felt Han's character development was complete after the original and that there was little point to keeping him around. Lucas would have none of it. But Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams aren't Lucas, so they gave him the end he always wanted for his character. And I think they did well by it.
>>
>>68206070
i'm 22 and i gave many fucks
>>
>>68206028
they killed him off so Rey could have the Millennium Falcon and have Chewie as a sidekick and basically cuck him out of his spot, literally watch the end of movie, her character is infact so unoriginal that it needs to leech off of other characters and their nostalgic stuff to survive
>>
>>68206070
I'm 22 and I didn't give a fuck. Because I knew about it long before seeing the movie.
>>
>>68206070
/tv/ spoiled it for me so I felt nothing
>>
>>68206070
I didn't give a fuck because it was incredibly obvious and cheap

Like the entire movie
>>
>>68206122
Seconding this. Plebs go away.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.