[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comic book movies I've had enough. The bubble doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 524x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 524x295
>comic book movies

I've had enough. The bubble doesn't look anywhere near ready to burst and there's like a 100 on the way over the next 5 years. I'm so apathetic about movies now and used to love them.

Who else tired of them?
>>
>>68205850
I am tired as shit of the constant capeshit spam in this board.

It's literally just cancerous power level discussion. There's nothing else to discuss, its completely black and white.

Anyone who is above the age of 13 and likes capeshit should be euthanized.
>>
No I just pick movies I know I want to see, occasionally I miss out on something good though that I wish I had seen in the theater but mostly it works out great for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 469x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 469x470
>>68205850
Nobody is forcing you to watch them you do know this right?
>>
>>68205850
why can't hollywood just go back to serial killer dramas?
>>
>>68206150
No shit. But so much of Hollywood's resources are devoted to making them that other things aren't being made. Their high budgets and the aim of crossing the billion box office mark has virtually destroyed the medium budget film.
>>
>>68206150
How many capeshit threads are up on /tv/ right now?

It's cancer and blatant marketing.
>>
I'm really tired of it too. Good thing is, there are some good TV shows to make up for this crap.
>>
>>68206226
Nobody is forcing you in those threads
You can hide threads you don't like if you need your safe space
>>68206212
There are plenty of non super hero movies being made
>>
>>68206330
Tv is honestly the better storytelling medium. Film is dying. American film anyway.
>>
>>68206338
>There are plenty of non super hero movies being made

The quality has diminished severely. Capeshit has to assume some of the responsibility.
>>
>>68206431
That's not how it works
>>
>>68206455
Sure it is.
>>
>>68206488
Except it's not
You have no proof
>>
>saw Ironman with Netfix when it came out
>kinda neat, wanting more
>got more
>more was shit
>remember when Avengers came out
>looked stupid, assumed it would fail
>was wrong
>it just kept growing
>even my mother is watching it
>capeshit is now a primary motivator in Hollywood
>no end in sight

It would be interesting to know the percentage of capital being spent on capeshit by studios. This shit has gotten out of hand. All of it is sold on hype and perpetuated by people posing with the "le nerd' meme. The only good Marvel movie has been The Winter Soldier and that's because there's very little capeshit in it.
>>
>>68206536
There's enough to make reasonable assumptions. There's no proof to support your theory of nothing.
>>
>>68205850
>>68205968
Maybe a bait /capeshit/ General would alleviate the pain? Just stock the OP with incendiary outrageous shit and get a HQ image of Christopher reeve or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 956x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 956x631
>>68206712
Except there's not or you'd offer it up
>>
>>68206742
faggot mods have been deleting the general threads
>>
Excessive advertising and media focus on capeshit makes it feel like there are three times the amount of capeshit movies a year.
>>
>>68206212
>Their high budgets and the aim of crossing the billion box office mark has virtually destroyed the medium budget film.
This. Every budget these days is either above $50 million or below $1 million. Nothing in between.
>>
>>68207308
Well a movie like drive for instance had $16 million budget. I think it was used on the actors, though, and everything worked out. Cranston was peaking with breaking bad. Perlman is pretty well known. Hendricks was pretty hot from mad men (tiny role, I know). Gosling probably didn't cost too much.

Then you have motherfucking Star Wars choosing a dude who has birthing hips and a girl whose accent is completely unrefined.

Generally I agree with you though. No reason for humongous budgets.
>>
>>68207722
Even if you want to do cape shut deadpool has shown that you don't need to spend exorbitantly to make a hit. Spending $250 million on a movie with no story is beyond stupid.
>>
>>68207956
Yea. Idk. I guess it could be worse. Look at the music industry. People don't even know how to distinguish between serious business and mindless fun there. At least with moves we have a pretty good idea of what falls where.
>>
Go watcha Mob Movie, "Road to Perdition" Daniel Craig, Tom Hanks, Jude Law, a story of what it takes to be a father, and what it takes to have a soul.

JK thats a comic movie this is an ironic suggestion, but I'm not fucking lying it's true cape kino.
>>
File: 1457255320359.png (154 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1457255320359.png
154 KB, 557x605
>>68205850
I never cared about capeshit, Star Wars or generic blockbusters, why would I be tired?

Looking forward to The Lost City of Z, The Handmaid, The Bad Batch, etc.
>>
>>68205968
>>68206742
Live action capeshit is already posted on /co/. They even have stickies when new movies come out.
Nobody ever cared about /tv/.
>>
>>68207722
There are exceptions like Drive, yes. Not saying it never happens anymore, it's just rarer now than it was before.
>>
>>68206150
The point is that other movies are not made because of the increasing number of capefag movies that are put out per year. Try using your head for something other than your dad's cum receptacle.
>>
>>68206150
>>68206226
This. I've got so many filters and they do nothing when people just shitpost "image.jpg thoughts?"
>>
>>68206597
I think you kind of just pointed out the real problem with hollywood: SEQUELS. I remember seeing some chart about percentage of movies that are original vs adaptions/sequels now and in something like 1960. It's crazy how little original work there is now. Stuff that shouldn't have been made in the first place or should absolutely be limited to one episode becomes 7. Meanwhile, master & commander, which overreached slightly because they built an actual fucking boat and water tank and had awesome costumes for the movie, is banished despite being a prime candidate for extension. There are books about them in every single part of the world.
>>
>>68206212
Exactly
>>
I fucking hate comic book movies. They have such a blatent formula and they're getting increasingly popular. It's all a few attrative actors performing basic motions in front of a greenscreen for a a couple weeks and then the rest is CGI'd 24/7 for 6 months and you have a movie.
>>
>>68206150
no shit nobody is, but it doesn't help that most capeshit babbies will go here or any film site to discuss it
>>
>industry responds with giving Nightcrawler and Birdman every fucking award
>next year Mad Max sweeps everything

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>68208327
Based. Can't wait for James Gray to BTFO Hollywood again although that teaser wasn't very promising
>>
File: WesternsPerYear.gif (799 B, 1x1) Image search: [Google]
WesternsPerYear.gif
799 B, 1x1
>>68205850
I bet you'd have really hated it during the heyday of the Western, then, when Hollywood was churning out somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 a year.

How many cape movies did we have last year again?
>>
>>68205850
There's quite a few superhero films coming out soon. I'll probably go and see all of them. I expect that will contribute to Hollywood making more of them. Now please continue sucking on my balls, you're doing an excellent job.
>>
>>68208410
No proofs
>>
>>68210450
westerns are actually good though and influenced by superior japanese cinema
>>
Who cares? It's not like Nolan, Abrams, Bay, Joss and Marvel would be making quality films otherwise.
>>
>>68206163
Won't sell toys.
>>
>>68205850
it's not just comic book movies though. Last hobbit, last star wars, last few james bond, prometheus, so on and so on. They're all trash. What happened
>>
>>68211692
Too much cgi.
>>
>>68208613
this was already a thing when they saw that Shrek 2 made a shitton of money.
While 1 was a perfect standalone movie.
this probably goes back further, but cba to think of any examples
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.