[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like this movie? I do. I think Sandler is good in it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Reign over me_1.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Reign over me_1.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
Do you like this movie? I do. I think Sandler is good in it. I liked his angry scenes. He talks down to people in his comedy, so the times when he quickly went from happy to angry were great because it's hard to tell at first that he's angry. His voice is sarcastic when he's being funny, so I really felt like I was just as baffled as Don Cheadle in each scene when Sandler goes from fine to insane in one moment. Like I'm asking myself four a couple seconds, "he's just pulling my chain, right?" before I realize he actually is so disturbed.

I haven't even played shadow of the colossus
>>
>>68204060
Bump
>>
>>68204060
Bump again. Come on, hasn't anyone seen this?
>>
>>68204060
Bump
>>
>>68204060
Bump
>>
>>68204060
Bump
>>
I haven't seen it
>>
>>68206803
You should. It's good. Nice ending but not overly feel-good.
>>
>>68204060
I watched a "making of" special on this and I think the director said that the imagery from Shadow of the Colossus (a game about slaying giants) struck him as something that would appeal to Sandler's character because he's essentially reliving the moment the towers fell over and over again.
>>
>>68207015
Sheeit. That's interesting. I would guess that would scare the shit out of the character, but still it's definitely interesting. I wonder why Sandler never really tried and more stuff like this. Not terrible critic rating on RT and 81% from audience....
>>
>>68204060
loved it, did not know the jew had some range

liked the link between him and shadows of the colossus
>>
>>68207015
>>68207277
>>68207327
i thought the shadows of the colossus was both highlighting how he relieves the moment the towers fell but also how the game is about a man who has to kill these beasts to bring back his loved one, adam sandlers character could be represented as the main character.
>>
>>68204060
Between this and Punch Drunk Love Adam Sandler could have been an excellent dramatic actor if he'd wanted to be
>>
>>68208137
This. My favorite of his works desu.
>>
>>68207277
People with PTSD often find media related to their trauma to be strangely comforting
>>
>>68208137
>>68208685
Haven't seen punch drunk love. Will try to get around to it.
>>
>>68204060
I've seen this and it heavily contrasts to his typical fare.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.