[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>who are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 335x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 335x150
>who are you
>>
File: 1442084645758.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442084645758.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1080
I'm CIA.
>>
>>68204005
The proud lord said
>>
Weird movie man. Was against the Sykes-Picot agreement without feeling preachy at all. Was a grand adventure yet it portrayed the horrors of war. Was old as shit but it looks better than anything that came out since.
>>
>>68204005
>Truly, for some men nothing is written unless they write it.

Was Lawrence the last great individual of history?
>>
>>68204049
Why do people keep quoting this scene? Is it because it's just a funny meme or is it because it was so awfully written?
>>
>>68204247
it is the dank meme !!!!!
>>
>>68204300
fucking memers man

nice dubs
>>
>>68204318
memes!!!!!
>>
>>68204348
holy shit MEMES
>>
>>68204418
MEMES
>>
>>68204005
I AM THAT I AM
>>
>>68204439
mother fucking MEMES man
>>
>>68204975
meme?????
>>
>>68205093
Me?
>>
>>68204005
im noh wan
>>
>>68204005
who who
who who
>>
>>68205223
-em
>>
>>68204152
The film had something alot of movies don't even have, even back then and that is subtlety. They knew to show just enough of something to make a point. The Sykes-Picot stuff worked in the film because they were able to make you want to root for Laurence and the Arab forces and follow their adventures. You see all of the shit they had to go through fighting the Ottomans and then have the British betray them at the end but in a way that doesn't make the British just look like some cartoon villains. No-one was overtly ass-holeish, well except maybe Prince Fiesal, but even his brand of asshole was just political and not personal.
If the film was made today you just know they would have some stupid scene where they make some British solders act like complete racist assholes and/or a scene of Ottomans doing some war crimes, just to hammer that in.
>>
>>68205342
Also Sherif Ali would be a woman and Lawrence would mention being gay several times
>>
>>68205289
May-may friendo
>>
>>68204005
I want you to tell all your friends about me
>>
>>68205572
Oh yeah I forgot that in real life he was supposedly either gay or asexual. Though thinking about it I think a gay man in the middle of WW1 in the middle east, would probably be so far in the closet everyone around him would think he was asexual.
>>
>>68204300
Definetly a top kek for me.
>>
Tell me about Lawrence! Why does he wear the headscarf?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.