[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you picked this up yet? Mine came today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Have any of you picked this up yet? Mine came today.
>>
I'm honestly not a fan of that era of movies....unless its a Western.
>>
>>68204758
How many have you really seen?
>>
>>68205029
A few of Hitchcock's early stuff and obviously John ford and Hawks. I just don't have too much patience for them. Something about the dialogue and sets. The third man, wizard of oz were great, BTW.
>>
>>68203948
>film covers that are cooler than the actual film
>>
>>68205296
Have you at least seen Casablanca? You at least liked that didn't you?
>>
shit I didn't know that it came out on CC

>tfw ywn drink scotch with Howard Hawks
>>
>>68205341
Never seen that one.
>>
>He fell for the Criterion meme.
>>
>>68205367
You should see it. I've literally never heard of someone who doesn't like it. Also Citizen Kane if you haven't seen it. If you go in expecting it to become your favorite movie because of it's reputation, you'll probably be disappointed, but it's just a really well written, acted, shot, and directed film. Everybody should see it.
>>
>>68205424
I've seen Citizen Kane, but again, that style is very different for that time period. It has a quicker pace than the third man for example and even in modern times, directors have had influenced its design of story telling.
>>
>>68205551
If you like The Third Man there's plenty of other great noirs you should see. The Maltese Falcon is great. Touch of Evil is from a little later, but you'd probably really like it.
>>
>>68205623
Also, In a Lonely Place.
>>
>>68205551
If you're sill here, you should also see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Everybody loves that one.
>>
speaking of Criterion, do they ever reprint movies?
Chungking Express is going for $80+
>>
>>68206287
I haven't heard of them doing that. I know how you feel. I want Last Year at Marienbad, but I don't want to pay $130 dollars for it.
>>
>>68206287
If they get the rights back, yes and they may give it a 4k upgrade or some new extras if they have it or seem wise.
>>
>>68206336
>>68206822
I just want some cutie pixie chinese girl
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.