[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hating the prequels = Reddit Appreciating the prequels = 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1619x1380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1619x1380
Hating the prequels = Reddit

Appreciating the prequels = 4chan

Thinking anything made by Disney is a real Star Wars movie = Facebook
>>
Not caring about any of this = Freedom
>>
Freedom = America
>>
File: wjANVCD.jpg (68 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
wjANVCD.jpg
68 KB, 480x270
Sebulba's goggles are literally clipping through his face lmfao
>>
America = Trump
>>
File: oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
>>68200954
>>
>>68200954
how does the CGI in TPM still look this good?
>>
>>68200954
OP gets it
>>
Trump = Yugioh
>>
>>68201491
It looks "okay" in still shots, but in motion it's pretty shit. which for it's time, wasn't bad.
>>
>>68200954
Caring about Star Wars beyond the age of 10 = Plebeian
>>
File: 1460495234616.png (3 MB, 3099x1700) Image search: [Google]
1460495234616.png
3 MB, 3099x1700
>>68200954
>>
I have a unique perspective on this issue because I defended certain aspects of the prequels on this board several times prior to TFA. I can't recall a single instance where someone replied to me in agreement. The dogmatic prequel hate on this board was as close to unanimous as something could possibly be on the internet. The contrarianism on this board is so ridiculous that it seems like it has to be satire.
>>
OP = cuck
>>
Episode 1 is objectively the best Star Wars.

>Dat soundtrack
>Dat final battle
>Dat pod race
>Shows the Jedi in their prime
>All those new and interesting worlds and aliens that were introduced
>All that potential for the sequels
>Perfect compromise between CGI and practical effects

With Episode 1, George was free to give audiences his vision of what he wanted Star Wars to be, whereas he was forced to introduce the Clone Wars and Vader's origin in episodes 2 and 3. Hell, even the bad parts of 1 aren't nearly as cringeworthy as some of the dialogue in 2 and 3.
>>
>that jango fight scene
better then anything in tfa
>>
>>68201892
Kek
>>
>>68202038
This is the only truly correct opinion.
>>
>>68201438
hahah good catch
>>
>>68200954
Now this is shitposting.
>>
>>68202038
The interesting thing about Ep ! is that the podrace sequence and everything surrounding it were so much better than the more plot-relevant scenes. Lucas is at his best when he's world building and giving us a glimpse into the daily life of aliens in a faraway galaxy, and he's at his worst when he has to make a decent story or focus on human relationships
>>
>>68202038
Honely Episode 1 was what it was, episode 1, an introduction to the franchise. it was all uphill
>>
>>68202498
The podracing sequence always sticks in my mind as the most lovingly crafter piece of the entire film series.

It was Lucas bringing to life all of the crazy space-greaser ideas that he was trying to show with Luke and his speeder, but didn't have the tech/cash to do.

Ben Burtt's sound design for the PT, and especially that sequence, was utterly god-tier, and was something that was painfully absent in the Disney cash-grab flick.
>>
"Appreciating" the prequels = /tv/ contrarian shitposting
>>
>>68202770
>Ben Burtt's sound design for the PT, and especially that sequence, was utterly god-tier, and was something that was painfully absent in the Disney cash-grab flick.

the noise sebulba's racer made stuck with me for literally a decade after i saw the film. it was still fresh in my mind when i saw a clip on youtube and heard it again for the first time in ten years
>>
>>68202038
This.

It's basically Lucas's magnum opus. A shame it wasn't appreciated in its time and still isn't appreciated today.
>>
>>68200954
r/starwars defends the prequels mercilessly with their army of downvoters

t. Reddit
>>
>>68201364
for the love of god please no more star wars
>>
>>68203063
it's not appreciated because it sucks.

wtf is wrong with this board
>>
>>68203063
Most people still hate the prequels.
>>
>>68203042
The sequence where they all power up and you hear the different imagined spool-up and idling noises is some utterly spine-tingling sound design.

Star Wars was really at his best when Lucas was letting his autism flow with the world building.
>>
>>68203096
So? They like anything Star Wars. They defend the prequels from other redditors, the overwhelming majority of whom hate the prequels.

r/movies (which is a default sub, unlike r/starwars) absolutely hates the prequels and will quote Plinkett like his videos are the Holy Bible when the prequels are brought up.

Hating the prequels is Reddit.
>>
>>68203202
Yes, which as I said is a shame.

>>68203166
>wtf is wrong with this board
If you want a place where everyone agrees with you, try Reddit.
>>
>>68202832
No my friend, this is just how good jj bink's next trilogy launching movie was. (It was a let down)
>>
>>68201892
Is it bad that I find this image accurate?
>>
>>68204996
Yes, you need to get off 4chan and reconnect with reality.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.