[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army Dog Banned In Australia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Army-Dog-Film2.jpg (285 KB, 921x619) Image search: [Google]
Army-Dog-Film2.jpg
285 KB, 921x619
http://deadline.com/2016/04/army-dog-banned-australia-war-vietnam-1201735561/
>The film is currently banned in Australia.
>Before its release, major Australian DVD retailer JB Hi-Fi announced that they would not be distributing the film, either online or in physical stores. They attributed this to the "Disturbing content of the film" and to a disagreement with the (then) R-rating. However, the film was available from this retailer for a time.
>It was refused classification and thus effectively banned in South Australia just days before its release date.
>On 11 April 2016, the Australian Classification Review Board also rated the film "Refused Classification", effectively banning the film from distribution Australia-wide. According to the Review Board, "Army Dog could not be accommodated within the R18+ classification as the level of depictions of sexual violence, themes of incest, and depictions of war in the film has an impact which is very high and not justified by context."
Can't say I didn't see this coming but still, is this the most controversial film ever made?
>>
File: huh.png (285 KB, 476x530) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
285 KB, 476x530
>>68198647
Usually I take issue with Australia's censorship laws, but honestly this might be the right call here

After watching this I'm not entirely convinced audiences should be exposed to it
>>
>>68198647

Honestly I thought I was past the point that any movie could shock me, but I had to look away from the rape scene (you know which one). It was just too real. I felt weird all day afterwards. That actress deserves an Oscar or something, holy shit.
>>
>>68198647
>is this the most controversial film ever made?

possibly. i still dont get how the scene where the dog was collecting all the severed body parts of the soldiers as trophies made it in the theatrical cut. shit was messed up
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 307x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 307x400
>thinking the theatrical version is nearly as fucked up as the Director's Cut

Australians are pussies.
>>
Nice Reddit Meme
>>
>>68198647
It was awful those dogs burning. Oh God.
>>
I met Casper Van Diem literally the day before you fucks started this meme out the fuck nowhere. If only I had known about this movie and roasted him about it.
>>
HAPPENING
HAPPENING
HAPPENING
HAPPENING
HAPPENING
>>
>>68198647
Honestly, I wasn't ready for the Private Connor suicide and how graphic it was. I read some reports that the actor still hasn't gotten home from filming, anyone else think Raimi is hiding something from us here?
>>
>>68198913
hey i remember you
you posted this in another thread a few weeks back when it first started
kek

seeing the same person more than once is really weird here (tripfags excluded)
>>
File: breakfast club COOL BEANS.gif (2 MB, 295x273) Image search: [Google]
breakfast club COOL BEANS.gif
2 MB, 295x273
>>68198980
No shit! That is pretty trippy. Probably happens more often than you think.
>>
>>68198913

>if only I had acted MORE autistic in front of the C-list celebrity who just wanted me to leave him the fuck alone
>>
>WOOF WOOF!
>We were supposed to be liberators!

army dog is one of the few quality memes to come out of here in the last year
>>
>>68199104
It was at Toronto Comic Con - my friend and I were there at the height of the event, and there was fucking NOBODY lining up to see him. Starship Troopers is my favorite movie of all time probably, so I chatted with him about it for a bit. He's actually a really nice guy, and still as fucking gorgeous as he was back in Starship Troopers.
>>
>>68198647

failed meme
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.