[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horace and Pete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What did you think of it?
>>
halfway through the first episode, it looks like he wants to make it raw and un polished, but it seems like a dress rehearsal
>>
>>68197570

Heard Louis CK is millions of dollars in debt over this, as he used $4 million of his own money to fund it and when it didn't take off, he had the jewbankers loan him millions more.

Serves him right.
>>
>>68197755

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/horace-and-pete-put-louis-ck-millions-in-debt.html

Louis C.K. Reveals That Making Horace and Pete Put Him Millions of Dollars in Debt, So Maybe Buy His Show, Unless Doing So Would Put You in Debt, in Which Case Please God Don't

Not one to suffer silently, Louis C.K. went ahead and spread his financial burdens around on The Howard Stern Show today, revealing that making Horace and Pete left him several million dollars in debt.
Basically, his debt is our bad, C.K. explained, because fewer people bought the show than C.K. was (literally) banking on.

Releasing Horace and Pete straight to his website, C.K.'s original plan was to outlay 2 million of his own dollars on Horace and Pete's first four episodes, leaving him "with no cushion in life." His hope was for these four episodes to make their money back, funding the rest of the season. Well, as the saying goes, "the best laid plans can cripple you financially." Not enough people bit.

To continue making the show, C.K. says, "I had to take out a line of credit." Speaking with the incredible chill of someone who is presumably screaming molten fire on the inside, C.K. told Stern that he's now "millions of dollars in debt." Hence his appearance on the show, which comes in the midst of a publicity blitz — a sweaty, desperate attempt to drive sales, which will probably work and get C.K. out of the hole by the end of the summer. So why don't you just calm down? It's not even your debt anyways.

Long story short: C.K. needs you to buy Horace and Pete to unburden him. Do that if you want the gauzy aura of debt to stop swarming the air; don't if schadenfreude is more your je ne sais quoi,
or if you generally do not care to be patron to this artiste. Capitalism: Have at it.
>>
>>68197755
>Serves him right.
Fuck off.

Horace and Pete is great, and it sucks that it's not successful.
>>
I watched a few clips on Youtube and it seemed be way too focused on the acting/writing, which was distractingly flawed.

It's like every scene is the poker scene from Louie.
>>
>>68198020
How was the writing flawed? I really enjoyed the long monologues and the character interaction was pretty funny.
>>
I really like Louie, but this isn't as good as it. I admire it's ambition though, I hope CK does more projects like this since I find it more interesting than his stand up.
>>
>>68197755
I don't like Cuck Kong but it's very honorable to suffer for your art. David Lynch was homeless for a few years making eraserhead and he had to live on set. That shit is respectable.
>>
it's just Louie masturbating all over camera and blatantly saying shit he wants to say about society.
>>
>>68197755
He said on Stern that he'll probably end up selling it to FX or Netflix. If anything I kind of find it interesting that he's experimenting with alternate forms of financing (instead of studios/networks). But the niche subject matter probably hurt it pretty bad.
>>
>>68198069

just seemed preachy, even in its irreverence
>>
File: 1427672147155.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1427672147155.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>tell literally no one about the new show
>oh no not enough people bought it :(((
>>
I've been spending my money on alcohol and I'm too lazy to pirate episodes so I have no opinion on it
>>
>>68198221
are you depressed
>>
File: 1440651649432.jpg (136 KB, 570x549) Image search: [Google]
1440651649432.jpg
136 KB, 570x549
>>68197755
>>68197982
It actually does serve him right since he decided to be "alternative" and release the show with literally no warning or announcement, only sending an email to people subscribed to his newsletter if I'm not mistaken. He bended his dick backwards and fucked his own ass.

>>68198020
>>68198069
>>68198183
Also agree with this. The writing seems unnatural. Like it's way too focused on tackling modern issues and having one character with every point of view in there, just to always reach the same "well, aren't we all a bit retarded?" conclusion in the end. And the acting feels like they're acting, which, despite being acting, isn't a good quality in acting. Also fuck his fat, annoying daughter.

I say all this with Louie as one of my all-time favorite shows and a deep love for his stand-up routines.
>>
series finale was best series finale in a long time. trying to remember a better one.
>>
>>68198255
I've dropped several painkillers and woken up in a hospital so yes
>>
Why didn't he try getting this on Netflix or something?
That pay-per-episode model is outdated as fuck and just plain stupid.
>>
Louis has made a number of good business decisions (releasing podcasts on a pay as you go basis) and creating Louis to his whims

This might pay off or it may not

I hope the retard didnt go into personal debt to fund a project though. If he did he wanted all the profit and had to accept all the risk, but when that risk is far too great youre being stupid
>>
>>68198925
even more stupid when his only promotion was going on kimmel and laughing about not promoting it. I liked the show a lot, but Louie was retarded going into debt for no reason other than greed. Could have easily made it with Netflix/HBO.
>>
i just realised he could be lying about the amount he spent on the show so that when he sells it he can get a better price from different buyers
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.