[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vidyashit general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: games.jpg (98 KB, 573x448) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
98 KB, 573x448
>tfw you want Warcraft and Assassin's Creed to bomb so we won't get a tidal wave of video game movies
>>
File: dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3240
Better than capeshit and starshit.
>>
>>68195177
I'm conflicted. On one hand I want to bomb too; but on the other I don't want it to ruin Fimmel's and Fassbender's career.
>>
I prefer this to disney's BS
>>
>>68195326
AssCreed will not flop. Warcraft might.
>>
>>68195405
I think this might go the other way arround

AC will piss gamefags for fucking up their lore and looks just as cheap (if not cheaper) as warcraft
>>
>>68195244
>starshit
But I want a star craft movie senpai
>>
>>68195405

ac has a really bad release date, it currently releases a week or two after rogue one

warcraft has to deal with civil war, xmen and alice 2
>>
>>68195497

>starcraft movie
>will probably be based on 2 and its expansions instead of sc and bw

No thanks
>>
File: Assassins-Creed-Aguilar-statue.jpg (87 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Assassins-Creed-Aguilar-statue.jpg
87 KB, 1000x500
>>68195470
>AC will piss gamefags for fucking up their lore

Assassin's Creed ruined it's own 'lore' itself ages ago.
People no longer want the lore in the series -- they simply want the historical setting.
>>
>>68195616
Will they like it though when they are not the ones doing the cool stunts? It didn't work with Prince of Persia this well and it was more or less what AC seems to be shaping into.
>>
What other video games would they even make big budget movies out of?
>>
>>68195177
>AC had the perfect story and characters with the Ezio arc
>they're ditching everything and creating a new story for the film
everyone involved can get fucked by a gang of rabid badgers, I hope it flops
>>
File: xx.jpg (174 KB, 752x828) Image search: [Google]
xx.jpg
174 KB, 752x828
>>68195562
>warcraft has to deal with civil war, xmen and alice 2
Not really this bad but holy shit this summer is packed with big titles
I'm surprised neither of them opted for much safer October relase
>>
>>68195703
Starcraft, Diablo, Mass Effect, Halo
>>
File: Gordon-freeman.jpg (334 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
Gordon-freeman.jpg
334 KB, 500x720
if or when?
>>
I hope Asscreed does good so there's a bit of a revival in interest for historical adventure movies
>>
>>68195942
this is why I hope those video games do well desu
this and Bioshock
>>
>>68195714
>they're ditching everything and creating a new story for the film
That's what's best though. You don't want them using and fucking up ezio's story and I have no faith that anyone would ever do it justice on the big screen.

We just need to ride this out anon.
>>
>>68195980
you know that they are bringing the whole Absterno Industries plot along, do you?
>>
>>68196070
Not that anon but unless they plan on making several movies they're going for have a hard time. Well, maybe not, I mean it's not like they can screw up harder than the game developers did.
>>
>>68196068
that's a good way of putting it. but damn man, Ezio is the perfect character, it would have been nice to have him on film. but you're right, no one would have done it justice.

still, my AC fanboyism ended with Black Flag, I couldn't give a flying fuck about it anymore. how's the present time story going on anyway? after Desmond's death everything is pointless
>>
>doesn't want a Thief movie

>doesn't want a CoD: Zombies movie

>doesn't want a System Shock movie

WAT
>>
>>68195942

Nope.

It would be like trying to film Watchmen, or make a videogame out of the Illuminatus! Trilogy, or novelize Inception.

You could do it, but you'd just be using the name and art, you couldn't use the medium to enhance the experience in the way the originals did.
>>
>>68195942
>silent protagonist
>giving him a voice
>good idea ever
>>
i kinda want a dead space movie
>>
>>68196396
that reminds me, weren't they gonna do a Netflix Zelda series? the idea seemed terrible but I don't know if it was legit
>>
>>68196427
That would be pretty fun.
>>
>>68195177
>not wanting Bloodborne The Movie
>not wanting to inspire na autist to make the next LotR legacy
>>
>>68196486
dear god no
I've suffered enough with Advent Children
>>
>>68196205
>how's the present time story going on anyway?
Well, unity came out. Do yourself a favor and don't ever watch or read anything that has to do with unity.

Then syndicate came out, it's better than unity, but still obvious that ubisoft doesn't give a fuck about anything besides making money.

Honestly, black flag was the last good AC game. After BF they completely botched the abstergo/precursor stories. Unity contributed basically nothing to and syndicate added just a bit more than syndicate did. The game mechanics of unity went to complete shit, but they seemed to correct the issues (for the most part) in syndicate.

The best thing to do is marathon the games featuring Ezio and be happy that we got that. We'll never get a character or story that good ever again, I'm glad to have been able to play them as they came out.
>>
>>68196633
that's sad to hear but then again every series of any medium that lives that long ends up like that.

I'm glad about it too anon, the Ezio series gives me the feels, I should replay it some time soon.
>>
>>68195616
>People no longer want the lore in the series -- they simply want the historical setting.

That's not true at all. The most common complaint I see from people who have been with the series since it first started is that they abandoned Desmond and the original story so they could pump out a new game every year.
>>
>>68195861
Warcraft already moved back from December to get away from Force awakens, which gave them more time to work on the effects, but still they couldn't just keep pushing it back.
>>
i'd like to see an uncharted movie
>>
>>68196747
>I should replay it some time soon
I'm pretty sure there's a playlist on YouTube that is a complete play through with all cinematics of Ezio's story from start to finish, might be worth a search. The AC games done up that way are very watchable.
>>
>>68195405
Other way round senpai
>>
>>68196205
>Desmond's death

What the fuck? Glad I stopped playing halfway through AC3 when it became clear they were just going to throw the actual story out the window and CoD-ify it
>>
>>68196976
kek, you did right, tho Black Flag was better than AC3

>>68196846
that seems comfy as fuck, I'll try it, thanks anon
>>
>>68196976
>>Desmond's death
Yeah they really went off the deep end in that part of the story. They had so many options and they picked such a shitty one. Desmond was turning into this really interesting character and everything leading up to his death was getting better and better, at least I think so, and then poof.

I'm still very interested in how they adapt the game into a movie. I understand that it's going to be its own story, but I just don't see how it could be a successful, standalone movie. I'm expecting it to be an incomplete movie which will be "redeemed" by sequels since that seems to be the popular thing to do now.
>>
>>68195177
Gamekino is the future :^)
>>
>>68195177
I wish we could get the occasional well done game movie and not have to worry about vidyashit becoming a reality. Same for capeshit but I know that ship sailed.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.