[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know that sounds like a ridiculous claim, but it's tr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (362 KB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
362 KB, 1000x702
I know that sounds like a ridiculous claim, but it's true. I saw the trailer for this film when I was 11 years old (back in 1986) and it scarred me for twenty years. I was diagnosed with OCD when I was older, and I couldn't escape the horrific images and sounds I was exposed to as a kid because my OCD kept them looping in my mind. There's also mounting evidence that people can suffer Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from merely being exposed to things like this, and the American Psychiatric Association recently reclassified PTSD as a trauma-induced condition. They also lowered the threshold for what children require to experience life-altering trauma.

I gave a presentation to a group of medical students about my struggles with this movie and what it took for me to get over it. I filmed it and put it online on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWbADwBVLg

It's a long presentation but anyone watching can skip through the non-movie parts. If anyone has anything to say about it, let me know.
>>
You sound like a humongous faggot.
>>
sheltered babby
>>
>>68194862
Anything that adversely rocks your world, can trigger PTSD.
>>
>>68194862
Saw it on the TV as a kid. Images of nails falling out and the armwrestling scene stuck with me for a long time. Especially the nails, that shit disturbed me.
But then I hit puberty and got over it. And you're still a pussy.
>>
>>68194862
Let me guess:

You like to take it by the ass, right?
>>
i just marathoned through your presentation and in conclusion you must be autistic
>>
>>68194862
The Fly is indeed one of the scariest film ever made, but boy do you sound like a sheltered weakling faggot.
>>
Don't EVER watch the television show THE STRAIN!!!
>>
>>68194862
lol faggot
>>
>>68194862
You're joking right?
I watched this movie as a kid and I fucking loved it. It's cheesy horror, how the fuck do you get scarred by that? I loved Goldblum after that
>>
>>68194862
Jesus Christ. I'm sure OP isn't the faggot in the video, but still. What a faggot.
>>
The only part that really disturbed me in The Fly as a kid was the bone snapping during arm wrestling.
>>
That scumbag! I really like Seth Brundle before the teleportation, he is such a nice, innocent and romantic man. He doesn't have fault on what happened, his mind was being controlled by the fly genes. He was going to have a nice dinner with Veronica, and maybe be happy with her forever, after all those years of loneliness, he had finally found the perfect person. They really liked each other. But that bearded scumbag had to ruin it all, because he was jealous. For me the real antagonist of the movie is him. I was like "do it", "do it!", when Seth was about to vomit drop him in the face. Loosing a hand and a leg wasn't enough. He should have died. I hate him.
>>
File: Syrphidae.jpg (107 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Syrphidae.jpg
107 KB, 960x640
>>68194862
>78 mins
>>
>>68194862
PTSD is simple loser people who can't cope with stuff that use to be everyday life
>>
>>68194862
How could someone my age be such a pussy? The fuck.
>>
...you mean I can't be allowed to watch horror movie because I have OCD?...
>>
>>68194862

It was a pretty horrible transformation. But PTSD get the fuck out of here.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1280x960
>>
you've all been meme'd
>>
>>68194862
>Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Holyshit you believe in that meme treatment? Kek well done indoctrinating yourself as a "cure"
>>
lol did they use Christopher Walken as the model for that pic
>>
What a pussy, I saw that movie when I was 9.
>>
Obviously not OP but the guy is cringeworthy.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.