[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hardcore Henry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9
File: Hardcore.jpg (584 KB, 1342x601) Image search: [Google]
Hardcore.jpg
584 KB, 1342x601
The fuck did that other thread get deleted for?
>>
File: Life Is Beautiful.jpg (40 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
Life Is Beautiful.jpg
40 KB, 570x300
I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing a great movie made for us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the 4chan of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching Hardcore Henry with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.
>>
>>68194270
Apparently threads dedicated to the latest 'new' movie is viral marketing, and that's a no-go according to those who don't want people talking about a simple, gimmick'd action flick.

At least, according to the last post of the previous thread.
>>
>>68194374
Ah shit.

Well, let's see how far we can get, anyway.

That fucking opening sequence is brutal as fuck. How'd they do some of that, was it like fake heads and shit?

>>68194329
Get raped by a pack of niggers.
>>
>>68194270
You know, I really liked Hardcore Henry, but it's not really the kind of movie you talk about. You just watch it and enjoy it. Forcing discussion and attracting the eventual shitposts and contrarians isn't going to do anything for those who watched it.
>>
>>68194464
You make a fair point. I'm just looking forward to seeing it again with some friends of mine, on Thursday. It was insane the first time I saw it, and I'm wondering how it feels when there's other people seeing it as well.
>>
>>68194270
Dope movie. I wish there had been a little bit of explanation into how Akan managed to float and do all that crazy shit. I don't see why people hate on it.
>>
>>68194374
>>Apparently threads dedicated to the latest 'new' movie is viral marketing
Lol, like they can afford it. There was one other person in the cinema when I went to see this.

It was good though, it just won't be successful.
>>
>tfw got banned for posting this thread
Dumb niggers.

>>68194814
There's a comic, Hardcore Akan, it explains pretty well.
>>
>>68194924
Ok so apparently it wasn't for posting this thread

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/hardcore-akan-1-bliss-on-tap-publishing-2016
>>
It is really hard discerning what the genius /tv/ mods consider worthy.
>>
>>68194329
What are you trying to accomplish with this post?

>>68194270
Is that that first person shooter movie? I get a headache from playing FPS video games like CoD and especially the old 007: Goldeneye. I don't think I'll see this movie because it looks like a headache waiting to happen.
>>
Who was your favorite Jimmy avatar? Mine was the WWI colonel
>>
>>68194524
Get a camrip
>>
>>68195842
Yeah it's the FPS movie.

>>68196066
Coke Jimmy or nothing, nigga.
>>
>>68196271
Why
>>
>>68196066
Punk Rock Jimmy.
>>
>>68196421
Close second

Top Hat Jimmy in third.
>>
>>68196315
Cause there arent any
>>
>>68194270

is this online marketing? I see a thread for this up almost constantly
>>
>>68196789
When he was burned alive I was pretty sure that Jimmy was some sort of a psychological manifestation of Henry's subconscious.
>>
>>68196815
I can give it a shot. Just put my phone in my breast pocket and keep it open.

Where do I put it when I'm done, I've never pirated shit.
>>
>>68196871
I hate the shill meme.

That being said I'm guilty of starting my fair share of HH threads
>>
>>68196915
Kickasstorrents is breddy gud
>>
>>68197009
Okay
>>
>>68196066
>>68196906
Hobo Jimmy was undeniably GOAT
Hippie Jimmy is second, followed by Coke Jimmy
>>
>>68197579
Hobo Jimmy was fucking trash but his death was nice.
>>
File: unamused fish.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
unamused fish.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>>68194329
>It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.
>le gaymur portal reference xdd

You completely lost me at the last sentence.
>>
>>68197680
No one's found that shit funny in years.
>>
>>68194329
Cringe
>>
>>68194270
The mods apparently hate fun
>>
How would you have improved the movie?
The shakycam was a bit too much, at times I was mentally jarred and trying to reorient myself.
>>
Reminder that EZ was the best scene.
>>
>>68194329
Based, new pasta
>>
>>68199848
Which scene was that?
>>
>>68200026
The worst one, I literally walked out of the theater after that part
>>
>>68201044
Was it when the hotel floor crushed the mercenaries
>>
>>68201421
it literally the ending
>>
OP of the last thread here, I don't know what the fuck happened. Mod's probably just being a P U S S Y.
>>
>>68202012
Half Hotpocket, half pussy
>>
>>68194329
>The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"?

I've actually been meaning to get his movies. Thanks for the tips anon. Downloading Satantango now
>>
>>68194329
I love this place sometimes
>>
>>68194329
Where the fuck is this copypasta from?

>>68194449
>white boy too stupid to think they don't use real people for stabbings in films
>>
>>68196789
You know what angers me? He didn't get to use a tommy gun on the invading mercs.
>>
>>68199848
If he wrote 'cyka bylat' after that, it would have been Russians_playing_FPS_games_the_movie.mp4
>>
>>68203337
Holy shit that would have been so based
>>
>>68199296
Higher Framerate, more Jimmy, more creative and energetic kills (especially during the Don't Stop Me Now) sequence, and more of Akan fucking shit up telekinetically
>>
>>68203647
Hoping they get a bigger budget for the sequel - I know there's a lot of shit they couldn't do with the budget they had, like the grenade sequence that opens the final battle (they said the explosives didn't go off, they couldn't afford to rewire explosives, and had to fix it in post).
>>
E Z

>>68204334
I just hope it actually gets a sequel. Been hearing it hasn't done well.
>>
>>68204463
It did well in Russia, not so much in America. Wonder why. It might be the Rotten Tomatoes stuff, but oddly enough, it was at a 81% before the proper weekend release - it might have been the warnings for motion sickness, which I know helped take the wind out of Cloverfield.
>>
>>68205164
It was made in Russia, and everyone involved is Russian.
>>
>>68205196
Yeah, but Henry is very obviously written to be ambiguously foreign (the subtitles, the way everything in the opening is in English and Jimmy talks to him mainly in English, etc.) The foreign-ism a lot of white trash hate in mainstream films is pretty absent. Heck, the argument with the brothel madames is a thousand times funnier when you're not Russian.
>>
File: Jews7.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jews7.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
>jews
>>
>>68205515
Yeah, but I'm just saying it makes sense that the Russkies are probably enjoying this more because it's sort of a home team thing.
>>
>>68205518
>implying it won't be an ultra progressive polygamist relationship
>>
>>68205518
>implying poe and finn aren't gay

Does this make you afraid, white boy?

>>68205651
True enough, but I'm just surprised the Amerikanskis haven't been filling theatres
>>
>>68206016
>I'm just surprised the Amerikanskis haven't been filling theatres
It's an unconventional hard-R movie that's got a paper-thin plot and no recognizable franchise characters. No shit we Ameriburgers aren't seeing it.
>>
http://youtu.be/F6Xuk_cieHQ

Bumping with an old thing.

Does Akan sound like Wiseau in this or is it just me?
>>
>>68206475
I'm not sure that is the actual Akan, but he does sound like Wiseau
>>
This movie shouldn't have included Sci Fi
>>
>>68206807
Why not? It tied things together well and made it more than just mindless violence
>>
>>68206475
>Ha ha ha. What a killing spree, Henry. I'm so happy I have you as my best soldier, and I love Estelle so much.
>>
>>68207260
I'm trying to figure out how to come back to that but it's too good on it's own
>>
File: shiggy diggy.jpg (69 KB, 320x332) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy.jpg
69 KB, 320x332
>>68197680
>>68197760
>they actually fell for it
>>
Great movie. I wanted the adrenaline scene to be be more hyper-packed with insta kills and speed though. Seemed a bit of a let down. That's my only complaint.
>>
>>68206835
People flying
Crank rip off
Stupid telekinetic villain

Nah
>>
>>68205651
Not really. We Russians hate our films, and the prejudice "It's a Russian film, therefore it's shit" is pretty strong around here. It does look better compared to other Russian films, though.
>>
I really enjoyed this film. It wasn't perfect, flawed for sure, but it was a unique concept that was completely pulled by off by someone who really loves movies.

I could feel the energy of how much fun everyone had making this and I had fun watching it because of that. Shame its doing so poorly at the box office, I don't know how people can stomach those superheroes movies and act like they're too good for something thats honest.

Bravo to hardcore henry for being absolutely dumb and being positively brilliant
>>
>>68194329
I have to laugh every time I see big guys crashing a great plane made for us normal CIAs who actually leave our planes to interact with other big guys. Fuck these big cunts in their mask-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic master plan that they have to be big for you, that the plane is "crashed" and everything they hear or see is "crashed" and the flight plan of everyone is "crashed".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Bane Syndrome. Now raise some fires, take that mask the fuck off and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that plane, bucko.

WE rule this flight plan, now. WE decide who's bigand who's not. You masketta men clinging to the master plan of the past? The ones that yearn for Dr. Pavel while you lick fire crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong size"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your mask, you plane dwellers. Come and celebrate the new flight plan by watching Hardcore CIA with the rest of us. It's the present year and he didn’t fly so good. Even though it's a lie.
>>
>>68205651
But The Jungle Book is still far beyond in Russian box office
>>
Just got back from watching it, easily a nice 7/10 movie IMHO.

Anyone know the song that plays during the scene that has henry jumping from van to van after getting out of one of the jimmys clone? Right before he breaks into the last van, that song was dope
>>
>>68208580
>one of the jimmys clone?

Woops, meant to say the bike that jimmys clone was riding.
>>
>>68208580
Biting Elbows - My Woman, I guess.
>>
>>68208670
That's what I was thinking, wasn't 100% sure though, great song
>>
>>68208237
>could feel the energy of how much fun everyone had making this and I had fun watching it because of that.

https://youtu.be/Ph5YmTDDdVI
>>
>>68207774
Same though.

I thought Bad Motherfucker would have been fucking insane during that Adrenaline sequence. Would fit the tone of that scene better.

Don't Stop Me Now requires a certain amount of energy to it that this scene just didn't have.
>>
>>68208686
This movie's getting me into Biting Elbows desu
>>
>>68206475
He's Wiseau fucking Pagan Min, buttfucking Liquid Snake, while Fabio jerks off all over them.
>>
>>68194524
I don't know, anything formally innovative like this is the very thing someone like me is more interested in talking about.
>>
>>68206196
What, like Deadpool, or Zombieland, or the Revenant (which had pretty violent action in the beginning), or John Wick, or the Hateful Eight?
>>
>>68207260
>Estelle is literally Lisa, who likes fucking with the main character for no reason but laughs
>>
>>68208854
Guys getting set on fire, thrown into fires, getting shredded by vent fans, and having their arms broken at the elbows the other way is not energetic?
>>
>>68208854
I think the scene is perfect as is, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Bad Motherfucker version.
>>
yo if you liked Bad Motherfucker or The Stampede, you'll like Knife Party's video for Antidote
>>
>>68206547
It might be a voice cameo. Same reason why Hoxton's in a bag for most of the trailer, but that's SOP for Hoxton's meatspace actor and Pete Gold.
>>
>>68209091
>Deadpool
Recognizable character, points off.
>Zombieland
I'll give you that. Still had a strong plot with nice arcs for it's characters.
>Revenant
Ehhh...not exactly what I was going for there, barely counts as an action film
>John Wick
Well, you got me there as well
>Hateful Eight
That had a fantastic plot, the fuck are you on about?

I accept your points, but really what I was trying to go for was the two movies this gets compared to most, Crank and Shoot 'em Up. You wanna stretch it, bring in Commando.

Largely unappreciated by critics in their time, but undisputed masterpieces to anyone who doesn't have a stick up their ass.
>>
>>68209146
Energetic was the wrong word, I think. Rhythmic, I guess is the closest to what I'm going for.

SoTD kind of took that literally, with the pool cues and all, but what I'm talkinf about is during that sequence he should have been a fucking cyclone of destruction. Every other second, a dude gets his throat sliced open. It doesn't necessarily move with the rhythm, but Don't Stop Me Now implies a certain flow that the scene didn't provide for me.

It's 3:47 and a webcomic I used to love just ended after 7 years, so I might be spouting absolute gibberish.
>>
>>68208054
Akan was the only non-sci-fi part of the movie, and even then he's explained in the Hardcore Akan comic (adoptive dad found him in the wreckage of Chernobyl, experimented on him, gave him freak powers.
>>
>>68209110
Holy shit
>>
>>68209279
To be fair, Deadpool

Also, I thought Crank 2 didn't do too well at the box office? I know Crank 1 did alright. Crank 2's more psychotic and energetic than Hardcore Henry at times, but they do match a certain tempo. (Crank 2's one of my favorite films, so)

Shoot 'em Up was more restrained, bizarrely enough - nowhere as balls-to-the-wall, but that might be due to more quiet scenes and the fact there aren't as many slaughtered soldiers. This, despite having a scene where the protagonist kills a SWAT team while having sex.
>>
>>68194270

i liked it, pure action, with a gimmick which i enjoyed

and seeing it was made by some random russians for a few bucks it makes it even better
>>
>>68210248
*deadpool was way more risky and not AS mainstream as instantly recognizable dudes like Superman or Captain America
>>
>>68208054
>telekinesis is stupid in a movie where the character is 99% robot and his partner is a guy who can remotely pilot force-grown clones of himself

.-.
>>
File: 1459379990250.jpg (15 KB, 318x405) Image search: [Google]
1459379990250.jpg
15 KB, 318x405
>You will never fight alongside WW1 colonel Jimmy.

Why even live for 2 more minnutes
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.jpg (129 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.jpg
129 KB, 640x908
>>68194270
But anon I've already played that game
>>
>>68210940
>you will never have a dance with suave dapper Jimmy
>>
File: tim-roth-hardcore-henry.jpg (36 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
tim-roth-hardcore-henry.jpg
36 KB, 1200x675
You... little... pussy.

That's what my father used to call me, and I proved him right by killin' all the wrong people. Now I love ya, Henry, and I'll never call you anything but your name. But you gotta decide, are you gonna lay there, your blood in your mouth; or are you gonna get up, spit it out, and go spill some of theirs?
>>
>>68213808
Bump
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.