[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I loved this movie. Why the fuck the low audience rating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160412-190237.png (465 KB, 1404x891) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160412-190237.png
465 KB, 1404x891
I loved this movie. Why the fuck the low audience rating?
>>
>>68194255
Because people expecting a goofy popcorn comedy got a Coen brothers movie and people who expected a Coen brothers movie got a goofy comedy
>>
>>68194255
It didn't really hold my attention that most other Cohen brothers movies do.
>>
>>68194255
Not enough diversity
>>
>>68194255

Because people are too fucking stupid to understand it.
>>
It wasn't fun
>>
>>68194255
We live In a world were every week it seems people like up to see the next star shit or capeshit
>>
>>68194255
Because it was advertised as an ensemble cast mystery, and it ended up being thirty seconds of Jonah Hill, one minute of Scarjo, and a minute and a half of Ralph Fiennes in useless, masturbatory 50's Hollywood filler that derailed the actual plot.
>>
Christcuck propaganda.
>>
>>68194255

because BvS is better but because it's got Snyder's name on it, the critics hated it
>>
File: 1457898107599.jpg (163 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457898107599.jpg
163 KB, 1024x768
>see movie with my whole extended family
>my mom and I are the only ones laughing in whole theater
>everyone else hated it
Anyone else know that feel?
>>
>>68194954
Sort of. Everyone started laughing after I did. So I guess this movie just needed a laugh track.
>>
>>68194255
Not enough quips.
>>
Critics understood all the references to classic Hollywood and appreciated the depiction of the era, general audiences didn't. It's a movie for people who love movies, and the average viewer doesn't see movies as anything but entertainment
>>
>>68194255

Because the audience is mainly high school kids and soccer moms
>>
>>68194954
cute cat but dont let it cross the steeet thats going to bring you 7 years of bad luck jhhaha
>>
>>68194954
Went with my friend and we liked it. Or at least pretended to like it.
>>
>>68194255
Because there were no super heroes
>>
>>68194255
plebs did this
>>
I suppose it's not the type of comedy that people are used to, with silly jokes and references every half a minute. It's inline with the Coen brothers' style of a semi-ridiculous story driven comedy.

I personally love it. A lot of people did laugh at the "It's complicated" bit, but otherwise it was silent. I think >>68194344 is right, it's hard to find the proper audience for it.
>>
I'm not even a big moviegoer but even I clearly identified as a love letter to old hollywood. And surprisingly for a film by the """Coens""", it was as anti-degeneracy as you can get.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.