[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is fucking amazing. Why is nobody watching it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: vinyl-keyart-640x354.jpg (33 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
vinyl-keyart-640x354.jpg
33 KB, 640x354
This show is fucking amazing. Why is nobody watching it?
>>
>>68192890
Sell me this show
>>
>>68192890
Not enough memes
>>
Millenials don't know what Vinyl is
>>
I've seen the first two eps and thought it was just OK, does it improve?

>>68193424
you kidding? the popularity of vinyl has exploded in the last few years
>>
>>68192919
It's got the best writing, acting and production value of any show that's on TV right now
>>
DUDE DADROCK LMAO
>>
What I saw of the pilot was a fucking snooze. I'm sick of "rawk and roll!!1" worship, anti-hero protagonists, shows with big casts just to pad out runtimes, pretty much everything this show is is a cliche I'm tired of

I'm starting to think Wolf of Wall Street was a fluke
>>
>>68193640
Better than the Americans
>>
why is juno temple such a whore
>>
>>68193893
Nothing on tv now is better than The Americans, Vinyl is a fucking 6/10
>>
>>68192890
Oh look this thread again.
have a nice report shill
>>
This show is pretty average. None of the characters are developed well, even Richie is poorly done. The music is good but the weird interludes where she show musicians playing that aren't actual characters is annoying. Funnily enough Ray Romano is coming across as the best actor.

Also Terence Winter has walked away from the next season so its only downhill from here
>>
this is one of the worst shows of the year. not even a naked Olivia Wilde can save it
>>
>>68193918
>Nothing on tv now is better than The Americans
really? when does it get better? i've watched first episode and it seems crappy. should I keep going?
>>
>>68192890
It has a slow start with an unlikeable main character. It's starting to get really good, but I think it mostly only appeals to music fans.
>>
>>68193941
Seeing how Boardwalk Empire played out maybe Winter is the reason it sucked
>>
>>68193977
Are you fucking serious? You've only seen Season 1 Episode 1 and you're shitting on it? The Americans is fucking God tier son.
>>
>>68193993
I've always been a fan of Boardwalk Empire. What would you say sucked about it?
>>
>>68194077
I enjoyed it too, but after the second season it seemed they had no big plans for the series other than to slowly kill off every secondary character and loosely follow historical events. I'm seeing a lot of the same shit in Vinyl
>>
>>68193855
Pain and Gain is a better Scorcese movie than Wolf of I'M ACTING Street
>>
>>68194011
Why is it good?
>>
>>68193977
The interracial cuckolding arc is /tv/core
>>
>>68192890

>Lets make a 70's theme Rock show
>we don't need any good music tho
>this will work
>>
File: 1385687278221.jpg (230 KB, 778x1167) Image search: [Google]
1385687278221.jpg
230 KB, 778x1167
THIS SHOW FUCKING SUCKS AND I REALLY WANTED IT TO BE GREAT
>>
>>68193855
I support your views 350%
>>
>>68192890
Vinyl has a niche audience that appreciates it, but the subject matter and the way its handled makes it somewhat difficult for larger audiences to appreciate. i personally love the show, warts and all, and seriously doubt it will improve any with Terrence Winter no longer at the helm.
>>
Post Juno's Threesome plz
>>
>>68192890
because rock and roll is lame now. you can't just put a bunch of sex and drugs on screen and expect people to care.
>>
>>68192890

Its not that good.
>>
Is it even possible for Richie and Zak to make up at this point?
>>
>>68192890
has anyone watched the last 2 episodes? i can't believe its already got a 2nd season
>>
It's the best show on TV but that's because there's only crap.
>>
I can't take Richie seriously. It's implied he was successful before but we've never seen it.
>>
>>68195090
We saw it in flashbacks when he discovered Lester
>>
File: 1368861029109.png (3 KB, 279x237) Image search: [Google]
1368861029109.png
3 KB, 279x237
>is that a hasselblad

my dick became diamonds
>>
>>68195090
It's called character development. They set us up for Ritchie to be mr successful because "I am rich, and rich people are good at everything", but they yanked that rug out and the guy is falling on his face. Maybe Entourage is more your type of show?
>>
>>68195162
Nope, more of a Girls fan--a show that doesn't oversexualize women.
>>
>>68194829

>thinking 70's rock and punk is lame

Pure undiluted autism.
>>
>>68194274
Pain and Gain was dope, but was Bay not little Micky
>>
>>68192890
If the second season doesn't pick up more viewers they're gonna cancel it. Then in a few years it will gain a cult following like other cancelled HBO shows, and then people will finally recognize it as the patrician show it is.
>>
>>68195162
richie literally hasn't changed since episode 1

>>68195271
if it's anything like this show then it's just sad and pathetic. the entire show feels like what some middle aged man thinks is cool.
>>
I personally am really enjoying the show. The scene where Richie realizes he forgot Ray Romano's kids' bat mitzvah and yells "fuck!" in front of a group of schoolkids, I haven't actually laughed out loud at anything in a long time.

The directing is great and doesn't get enough love, lots of long takes, and seeing Lennon, Marley, Neil Young, Elvis, ect is pretty neat too.

The Earnst episode was god-tier

The surreal music interludes can be kinda weird if you're not into the music, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>68193424
>Millenials don't know what Vinyl is
Number one: you can't spell.
Number two: hipster millennials are all about analog shit, because they like to be contrary. I'm surprised that they're not digging up 8-tracks.
>>
>>68195488

Your posts feel like what an autistic millennial retard thinks is cool.

Case in point

>thinking you can compare a TV show to the musical era that it is attempted to convey
>>
>>68195238
Ah, so you're a faggot. That explains why sex, drugs and rock/the whole 70s groove doesn't jive with you. It's for men.
>>
>>68195637
>>thinking you can compare a TV show to the musical era that it is attempted to convey

umm what? that's exactly what vinyl is doing. The authenticity of it's setting is a big part of the show's appeal, the script certainly isn't doing it for anyone. And from what we've seen, if the whole punk rock scene is accurately depicted in the show then it was a hella lame time.

For example, constantly doing cocaine all day isn't cool, it's spastic and sad. Richie constantly fucks up his own life because of his shit personality. Personally I have nothing but hate for all the baby boomer fucks who thought this time period was good.
>>
Everything Scorsese does is just macho dick measuring contests with Italians (occasionally the Irish). That and the music is so show-off-ey it gets annoying.
>>
File: reaction.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
reaction.gif
1 MB, 296x160
>>68195774

>doing cocaine all day isn't cool, it's spastic and sad

get a load of this faggot
>>
>>68195488
The audience's perception of Ritchie has changed
>>68195090
because we were made to think he was a genius who was going to turn the whole thing around and wahoo he's rich so me must be good at everything!!! But that's been anihilated over the course of season 1.
>>
>>68195238
Nice bait. But a show in the 1970s is going to express gender dynamics of that era, sorry if this a trigger for you. Also Ritchie is actually a very progressive dude for the era and feel like this is his only redeeming quality.
>>
>>68195896
>The audience's perception of Ritchie has changed

how so? because we lean't about his o so tragic backstory? because what we though was a bad idea to begin with is till a bad idea? Richie was never shown as some kind of genius produces, I assumed all his success came from corruption, you know how he was trying to cheat the germans to take his dying company, or how he bribed radio hosts with cocaine? no one assumed he was a genius.
>>
>>68195999
He's a millionaire with a huge house in the suburbs and an apartment in Greenwich village and a personal driver that takes him around in a Mercedes limo. I guess the assumption he was capable of being successful comes out of me being a total fucking moron.
>>
>>68196145
being successful is not the same as being capable, Richie didn't suddenly become less talented.
>>
>>68195508
> The scene where Richie realizes he forgot Ray Romano's kids' bat mitzvah and yells "fuck!" in front of a group of schoolkids, I haven't actually laughed out loud at anything in a long time.
The passersby were Jewish, that's what made him remember.
>>
File: 1340747599091.png (119 KB, 217x230) Image search: [Google]
1340747599091.png
119 KB, 217x230
>the german guy just wanted a hot dog
>>
File: 1458607082614.png (550 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458607082614.png
550 KB, 1280x720
>>68197088
>It's nothing to cry about
>>
>>68197171
GOAT episode, even though I saw the twist coming early on
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.