[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To be honest, this was the perfect way to end the movie Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 10-Cloverfield-Lane-photos-3.jpg (180 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
10-Cloverfield-Lane-photos-3.jpg
180 KB, 1280x853
To be honest, this was the perfect way to end the movie

Not very 2016, I suppose, and I like it
>>
File: mew.webm (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
mew.webm
2 MB, 1280x960
the ending felt like a total different movie and MEW turning into a 'fuck yeah' action girl out of nowhere was retarded.
>>
>>68191199

This

But then again I wouldn't have seen it if it didn't have CLOVERFIELD in the title.

That said, I dunno why they didn't just end it with the fucking monster wrecking a city.
>>
>tfw Howard did nothing wrong
>tfw he only wanted to save her from the evils of the world
>tfw she killed him and became a genuine dumbass after she fled, only to find out that Howard was right yet again
>>
>>68191199
What's interesting is that the guy who wrote Whiplash rewrote the ending (and a lot of other minor things)

It's basically the same "turns into a badass" ending as whiplash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noaE0CdZUw

I kind of like the idea, but it was a bit hard to believe.
>>
>>68191751
So what you're saying is that the Whiplash writer/director is destined to become the next Lindelof?
>>
File: howard.png (46 KB, 217x497) Image search: [Google]
howard.png
46 KB, 217x497
I now queried the internet and it turns out in the campagne they had some fake company websites and social media profiles up, also showing the he had a daughter and wife who left him,
all implying Ahmed or what he was called, the guy, might have been a bad guy person, lying about the daughter and maybe doing more evil

>>68191199
I knew there was a Cloverfield monster movie but I couldn't have said if this movie was going to have anything to do with aliens and so when it turned out not just to be a kind of "room" story, I was very pleased.
>>
This movie had no idea what it wanted to be. That's its problem.
>>
File: jaws.png (522 KB, 1100x606) Image search: [Google]
jaws.png
522 KB, 1100x606
>>68191956
Why? It was a mystery thriller up until she got out, and you may consider sci-fi action end a plot twist
>>
>>68191199
It was a girl power movie from the start dumb dumb
>the scene where she talks about her abusive father and feeling powerless when she saw a little girl in the same situation
The movie was all about her becoming empowered by killing an autistic old obese man with a lovable face and then aliens
>>
Is it wrong that I felt bad for Howard? He was passive and non threatening until the scooby doo twins decided to play detective and schemed behind his back.
>>
File: alien.webm (629 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
alien.webm
629 KB, 720x404
https://youtu.be/_lKh8OoMPjU
>>
>>68192037
>Why? It was a mystery thriller
No, anon. What began as a clever abduction story turned into a monster sci-fi flick. The supposedly villain of the movie (Howard) turned into the actual hero, while the hero (the girl) turned into a fucking idiot.
>>
>>68192384
The sci-fi part was less than 10 minutes of a 90 minute movie and Howard might have turned out not to be mean spirited but he sure was a loon, effectively caging people, and then an ice cold killer
>>
>>68192351
I felt bad for him. The movie tried to make him evil, but when there's actual evil outside, with Howard trying to protect the guy and Michelle inside, it's hard to accept that. I still have no idea who that girl is in the photo or what happened to his daughter to care. It's a giant plot hole too that doesn't get solved. It's just a problem in a middle of a giant problem which is the point of the movie.
>>
>>68192517
>sci-fi part was less than 10 minutes of a 90 minute movie and Howard might have turned out not to be mean spirited but he sure was a loon, effectively caging people, and then an ice cold killer
The sci-fi part is unneeded fat, much like the shootout in Django Unchained. Once she escaped (her goal), that's it. Movie is over, basically. We don't need to see her turn into fucking Rambo.

But it's hard to swallow Howard's murder. Of course he shot that guy in cold blood, but his actions were justified because Howard truly believed that he was a threat to him and Howard. Howard's goal was to protect everyone. We, and Michelle, saw the women dying outside, so Howard is a hero by wanting to protect them. So why did Michelle kill Howard, in a more vicious way? Because she believes that Howard will kill her because she assumes that Howard killed that girl in the photo?

Fuck outta here. The movie is a mess.
>>
>>68192680
>he was a threat to him and Howard
to him and Michelle*
>>
There are a lot of feet scenes in this movies
>>
Why am I not surprised that the socially maladjusted losers of 4chan identified and sympathized with Howard?
>>
>>68193185
Because you think you understand the movie when, in truth, you don't.
>>
>>68193185
Howard is literally /r9k/

>Playing board game
>Super easy answer
>Howard too autistic to understand clues
>"THAT WAS WAY TOO HARD ANYWAY"
>"I STILL GET MY POINT FROM THAT"
>>
>>68193185
Lmao why are you here roastie redditumblrina
>>
Daily reminder that this film originally ended with her getting in the car to drive away from the weird-ass flying thing (which we'd never have seen up close) and finding a bizarre alien ecosystem sprouting in an abandoned human city. Which would've been a fuckton better than what we got.
>>
We needed to see the aliens. The execution is debatable but the plot requires them to be there at the end.
>>
File: vampire.png (2 MB, 1201x775) Image search: [Google]
vampire.png
2 MB, 1201x775
>>68193268
so has the term "roastie" spread to blue boards?
>>
>>68190629

Is there a bluray leak yet?

I might watch it because those tits .
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-02-24-27.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-02-24-27.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
https://youtu.be/xTDLaPihwmM
MY DICK
Y
D
I
C
K
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.