[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fire Walk with Me worth watching, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: fw70107541.jpg (61 KB, 320x464) Image search: [Google]
fw70107541.jpg
61 KB, 320x464
Is Fire Walk with Me worth watching, /tv/?
>>
is the second season of twin peaks worth finishing? i got like halfway through it two years ago and couldn't get myself to finish it
>>
>>68181671
the first time I watched it I didn't like it, but the second time I watched it right after finishing the two seasons and it's great
>>
>>68181752
The first time I watched it I wasn't too fond, but the second time I watched it I accidentally watched the deleted scenes and didn't notice until I was about 3/4 in. The lack of coherence and weird jumps was very lynch-esque.

>>68181671
It's probably worth it, although we don't actually learn to much the show didn't already teach us. It's just nice to experience at least once, I guess
>>
>>68181692
It's worth it for the last few episodes and especially the finale, which is one of the best episodes of the series. You'll have to wade through some shit to get there, though.
>>
it's better than the show
>>
Is this thread like a daily thing now?
>>
>>68183174
Lynch is a mainstay of /tv/
>>
>>68181671
One of Lynch's best, and the final scene is beautiful.

>>68181692
I can relate, after the big reveal it's hard to find the motivation to keep going. It gets pretty stupid but is still comfy, also completely worth it for the god-tier finale.
>>
>>68183202
I know but this exact same thread was posted yesterday
>>
yes, for the bowie
>>
>>68181671
Not really. It adds more questions and changes characters in unsatisfying ways, it's like a grimdark reboot of Twin Peaks that never goes anywhere.
>>
the Q2 fanedit is pretty much twin peaks season 3.
>>
File: u_wot_m8.gif (708 KB, 270x230) Image search: [Google]
u_wot_m8.gif
708 KB, 270x230
yes, for the kief
>>
>>68183395

I expect people post it for the same reason I did - they saw that reaction to the film was mixed and they want to know more so they can gauge whether it's worth their time.

>>68183655

Can anyone else comment on this? Is it basically Laura's perspective (i.e. Lynch minus his Americana)?
>>
>>68183655
Only when viewed as a companion to the series does it fall short, judged only as a David Lynch film it is a masterpiece. Also Sheryl Lee's performance is phenomenal
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.