[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How exactly did a skateboard video director become one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxODU2MTM1Njkz[1].jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxODU2MTM1Njkz[1].jpg
114 KB, 1200x1200
How exactly did a skateboard video director become one of the best directors of the 21st century?
>>
Her adaptation of john malkovich things were wild enough for any jackass.
>>
>>68180241

he's yet to make a good movie
>>
Her was extremely average.
>>
>>68180456

Average how? The shots were beautiful. The script was perfect. The concept was unique.

How exactly was it average?
>>
>>68180494
Not even who you're replying to
And I don't even disagree with you, but learn how to analyze a film. Jesus saying "aspect of film" is "adjective" doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>68180549

How can I learn?
>>
>>68180568
Read analysis from other people. It's a good start. Read books. The art of watching films is a good start and you can easily find a free PDF online
>>
>>68180615

Cool. Thanks. Any websites or youtube channels you would recommend?
>>
File: 1425024280719.gif (2 MB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
1425024280719.gif
2 MB, 400x234
>>68180389
Oh shit anon you got me good
>>
>>68180241

Maybe because he doesn't take himself too seriously and enjoys having fun. It's not like he suddenly became a good director after Jackass. He was a good director all along and had some unique visions, it's just that he's not some pseudo-intellectual and self-important artist who takes himself so seriously that fun isn't allowed.

I mean he had the chance to hang out with the Jackass dudes and play pranks and do stupid shit. How can you think of anything more fun? Why would anyone not want to be part of that? It's just fun crazy shit that they captured on camera, hanging out with friends. It doesn't make him less of an artist or anything.
>>
>>68180549
How exactly do you "objectively" analyze a film? Opinions on film are almost purely subjective so I don't see how you can really use anything but adjectives desu.
>>
>>68180724
You can at least attempt to explain why you think "x" is "y"
>>
kaufman carried his ass
>>
>>68180696

Jackass was art in and of itself.
>>
>>68180241
I fucking hate this no-talent baby. Some people, like him, only make it in the film biz because they go through the motions, churn out "good enough" work, and put in enough years. Not to say everything he's done is shit, it's just soulless. I can feel his robotic gaze in every movie he makes. He's the type of guy that should just be "employee of the month" at a mcdonalds or something.
>>
>>68181459

So saaaalty
>>
>>68180696
THIS
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>68181459
Stop projecting.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.