[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i watched season1 and the first episode of season 2 of the leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: leftovers.jpg (128 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
128 KB, 1600x900
i watched season1 and the first episode of season 2 of the leftovers and i'm thinking about dropping it. does it get any better in the 2nd season or this show just not for me?
>>
>>68179727
*or is this show just not for me
>>
i thought it had a good premise, but it doesn't go anywhere in regards to the "mystery"
>>
File: 1388253344949.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1388253344949.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
pls respond
>>
I thought the same thing but I stuck with it and found that I looked back on the second season and liked it better than the first.
>>
>>68179727

Keep watching.
>>
If you're a shyamalan twist babby who wants to find out what happened then yeah, fucking drop it

If you're a true patrician who sees the show as an observation of how people respond to unexpected trauma, then keep on watching
>>
It's utter shit, propelled by mysteries and world building with no coherence that never have to be explained because the creators said so in interviews. Also has nothing insightful to say about the human condition and grief and doesn't even function as a basic melodrama.
>>
I love it but it doesn't change much from what it starts as.

>>68181177
You say the exact same shit in every thread about this show, almost word for word
>>
>>68181279
The dude asked for opinions of the show. I gave my opinion. Seeing this dogshit touted as complex philosophical art and even the best show on television makes me compelled to repeat myself.
>>
S2 is excellent, it's more conventional than S1.

I didn't like ep1 either but it gets pretty good.
>>
>>68181467
Thats fine, I just think its funny that you say it so much I almost know who you are on an anonymous board. I don't even need to respond because we've had this same conversation so many times
>>
>>68179727

you won't like it much more OP

if you haven't taken to the show as a masterpiece yet then it's probably just not for you (ie. you are a pleb)
>>
>>68181709
This is the first time I've waded into a Leftovers thread in a long time, I'm flattered that you remember me and agree that arguing with you is pointless.
>>
>>68181709
He keeps arguing about the mystery never being resolved even though everyone is aware that the explanation would be mediocre at best, and it's much more interesting to set a character drama around the fantasy.
>>
>>68182007
The character drama is a paint by numbers cliche fest, and it is obviously not the main focus of the show. What makes the show unique is the bullshit that never has to be resolved and how the characters immediately react to it. There is no consistency with the story and the characters and the show drifts from fantasy element to alternate reality world building to dream sequence and never has to justify any of it.
>>
File: 1452253850019.jpg (2 MB, 2560x3840) Image search: [Google]
1452253850019.jpg
2 MB, 2560x3840
>>68179727
i was in the same position . ep1 of season 2 is atrocious .but it gets better and mainly you see why they did the shit they did in ep1 .
there's at lest two eps in s02 as good as the nora and matt epps from s01 .
>>
>>68182303
All i gather from this is that you don't like the show and just seem to want to complain about something
>>
>>68179727
nah, is not for you.

pleb
>>
>>68182406
Im legitimately confused about that picture
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.