[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Is it good?
>>
File: White Man's Burden.png (49 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
White Man's Burden.png
49 KB, 300x207
Yes
>>
>>68179430
I thought so yes.
>>
>>68179430
It's okay, a bit too edgy
>>
>>68179430
It's okay.
>>
>>68179512
>bit too edgy
it's fucking Macbeth
>>
It's very good.
>>
>>68179556
I didn't mean the plot
>>
Quality rendition, ignore all the naysaying fuck faces
>>
>>68179610
Edgy is a shit-tier buzzword critique anyway
>>
it was good, visually it was amazing but some parts of the story didn't translate that well. for example I found the first appearance of the witches to be underwhelming
>>
>>68179680
I thought that made it stand out from every other production. No over the top cackling shit.
>>
So good it's made me excited for the Assassin's Creed movie.

And Assassin's Creed is fucking shit
>>
>>68179430
If you think fucking boring is good
>>
It's pretty good

GOAT-tier soundtrack
>>
>>68179430
Strong performances from both leads, especially Fassbender. Oppressively dark and brooding atmospherics are tonally close to perfect.
>>
>>68179430

Its decent, but the music is exceptional.

Very "Valhalla Rising".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iU9JF-DXds

Child pt 2.
>>
Its really good. It translated a weak plot well (Macbeth was originally just a propaganda piece) and it's one of the few films where you can say "every frame a painting."
Michael Fassbender killed it, which makes me sad that he's wasting his talents on capeshit alongside JLaw.
>>
>>68181492
Macbeth has some roots in being appealing to to the politics of the time, but it's by no means a weak story or a weak plot.
>>
What language were they speaking?
>>
i loved it
>>
>>68179680
>>68179716
Yeah, actually I really liked how subdued the witches were. In the play and most adaptations the witches usually are depicted as malignant, and intentionally fuck with Macbeth's fate, but here they were more like benign spirits that give out cryptic warnings.

Also it's really pretty so it's at least worth the watch.
>>
I thought it was great. I wasn't a big fan of Cotillard's Lady Macbeth, but looking back it was an interesting change from what I've seen in other versions.
>>
>>68181651
Ehhh Banquo's prophecy didn't get resolved (the movie tried to solve it without deviating too much) and was left hanging despite it being Macbeth's tipping point.
And the whole Macduff's "no man of woman born shall kill you" twist was very badly done (Macduff was born of cesarean, soooo he's still of woman's born, Will!)
That last point was actually why Tolkien used the trope with Eowyn against the Witch King, since he thought Shakespeare didn't use the trope properly and copped out on Macduff.

Macbeth is by no means crappy, it has excellent character development (as was very well done in the movie) and shows how even a good hero can be tempted to evil. But the plot is not it's strong suit.

The again, you watch it for the characters, not the plot.
>>
that "armor" is fucking horrible
>>
>>68179765
this desu. Same full production staff and cast basically
>>
Oh I guess I posted in the wrong Macbeth thread

>>68182334
>This was great despite it feeling a bit like 300 at times. Also while the performances were also great sometimes the lines were read as if it was Game of Thrones dialog as opposed to Shakespeare. Overall probably my favorite largescale cinematic adaption of Macbeth
>>
>>68182627
Cotillard is in AC? Holy shit.
>>
gf and I watched this and she says "I don't get why some people say Shakespeare is complicated, this is actually really simple"
>>
Why are they reading lines? Everyone speak so monotone.
I know it's straight from the play but can't they make it spoken more naturally? Feels like even the Scottish accent in Witcher 3 is more natural.
>>
>>68179430
it's funny as fuck, guy can't even go from the dinning room to the kitchen without throwing poems.
fucking macduff wasn't even born from a woman
>>
SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED HEREAFTER
>>
Pretty good. Makes me optimistic for Assassin's Creed since it's basically the same production team
>>
>>68179430

One of the worst adaptations. Only one that stands out as worse than this is that ridiculous one where they're all fucking Nazis.

Everything about it is pretentious and over the top and Cotillard is as bad as she is in... well, everything.

If you want to watch Macbeth so fucking badly, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKWWK0Pj34

You won't find a better adaptation.
>>
>>68182711
Check out the full cast, fucking stacked.

She probably had to do a big role for a paycheck to continue doing what she wants. Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie.
>>
File: jfghdjhdf.jpg (119 KB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
jfghdjhdf.jpg
119 KB, 1600x681
>>68179430
It's terrible.
Half the lines have been cut.
No-one can speak verse.
Visually, make Valhalla Rising look like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Marion Cottilard is particularly inept.

Stick with the Polanski version.
>>
It's basically a Zack Snyder movie.
>beautiful cinematography
>slow motion every scene
>glowing giant cross every other scene
>none of the character interactions seem natural
>>
>>68182761
Shakespeare is never complicated. The genius of it is him making great plays with very simple and straightforward plots.
>>
>>68182962

I forgot to mention that everyone in this movie speaks like they have mouths full of cocks so that it's basically impossible to follow without subtitles even if you're familiar with the play.

I couldn't for the life of me make out what Fassbender was saying most of the time.
>>
>>68183274
The thing with Shakespearean dialogue is dont bother to understand every word in every sentence, just let the sentences flow and you'll understand the meaning of it. Even understanding half a word in a sentence is enough to understand what it says.
>>
>>68183486

Uhm, no you fucking won't. You must have the most base and superficial understand of Shakespeare if you think that's the case. I can bet more than 30% of the time the word you think you understand has a completely different meaning in the context of the play.

Also, I'm not fucking talking about it being hard to understand because it's Ye Olde English. It's hard to understand because THEY PERFORMED BADLY.

Go watch any play of McKellen or Stewart and I guarantee you you'll understand every word because it's spoken properly in the right tone.
>>
>>68182343
>Ehhh Banquo's prophecy didn't get resolved
That's because most everyone at the time would have known that banquo was supposedly an ancestor of the king of scotland at the time of the plays writing, king james the IV
>>
>>68183486
>I don't understand Shakespeare and his works: the post
>>
It really isn't, i mean it's visually appealing but other than that pretty much the usual pretentious arthouse trash and not kino at all in my opinion
>>
>>68183783
>Go watch any play of McKellen or Stewart
McKellen's Macbeth with Judi Dench is GOAT
I'm amazed we haven't memed the fuck out of Sheev's cameo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKdyaJHglM
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.