[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JJ Abrams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: JJAbrams_BBS_009-small[1].jpg (358 KB, 1348x1800) Image search: [Google]
JJAbrams_BBS_009-small[1].jpg
358 KB, 1348x1800
JJ Abrams is my favorite /tv/ meme

Honestly, is he a good director or not? I remember him being praised as the new Speilberg.
>>
He is the king of 6/10

He couldn't do a creative thing even if you put a gun to his head

Well atleast he never makes plain bad movies
>>
This >>68172897 but less harshly; hasn't made anything outright awful, but nothing truly amazing (Star Trek is probably his best imo, and that's got an absolute shit tonne of source/ideas to borrow and use anyway)
>>
>>68172853
He's pretty good, I give his movies 6/10 portion.
>>
>>68172853
>as the new Speilberg.
what does that mean anyhow? being great at making uninspired shiny shit that works half of the time?

yeah, I'd say that its spot on
>>
>>68172853
He's one of the better high budget directors around.
>>
File: based.jpg (52 KB, 765x415) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
52 KB, 765x415
Misunderstood genius way ahead of his time

We will look at him as the greatest director if the 21st century....just give it some time
>>
>>68173009
I can tell you have a big nose from the way you type

Yeah, no way, goldstein, your supreme kike gentleman isn't gonna be shit even with time
>>
>>68173009
>JJ's own face when hearing that
>>
>>68172853
Everything he makes is solid, but he's never made anything exceptional.
>>
>>68173056
You are just too dumb to understand

Don't worry I forgive you
>>
Was Lost the last original idea he had?
>>
>>68173009
That's a funny picture of Zack Snyder
>>
>>68173192

The only thing original about Lost was using 40's style radio serial cliffhangers to sell ads
>>
>>68173233
this
great dubs too
>>
>>68172953
He's the new speilberg in that he has dedicated his entire filmography to imitating speilberg to the point where speilberg has to help him imitate himself(super 8)
>>
>>68173233
>Zack Snyder

This is a thread about the greatest director of our times....not the biggest hack of the century
>>
Seems like becoming a Hollywood director would take a lot of work but JJ lacks any passion for the job .
>>
he could do better things but he doesn't try
>>
>>68172853
jew jew abraham is basically a modern sociopathy test: if you see nothing wrong with his soulless flicks, then you are probably incapable of actually feeling emotion.
>>
>>68172853
Abrams, Orci, Kurtzman, Cuse and Lindeloff are one of the best creative teams in the world, yeah?
>>
>>68172853
He's a mediocre director and the memes regarding him are also mediocre.
>>
>>68173639
Orci, Kurtzman and Cuse are literally franchise killers who are happy with devouring source material for quick cashgrab. Abrams is more subtle about this, but is doing the same thing.
>>
>>68173749
And Lindeloff is part of the same group.
Don't forget the Prometheus the prequel/abortion of the Alien franchise.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.