[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they make this abortion of a movie? Half the movie tony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: Iron_man-3.jpg (730 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Iron_man-3.jpg
730 KB, 1600x1000
Why did they make this abortion of a movie?

Half the movie tony isnt even iron man and is just walking around having panic attacks

The extremis plot line was retarded and made zero sense

And then to top it all off, after facing greater threat after greater threat tony decides to self destruct his armory of suits at the end of the movie

Wtf
>>
And then is Iron Man again in Age of Ultron without an explanation.
>>
>>68167301

^yea and that too the fuck
>>
There was probably a 4th movie to explain shit , but Manlet Jr wanted out at this point and Marvel had to pay him more to do Avengers 2 , civil war and the infinity war movies
>>
Also, the entire film happening during christmas, with major set pieces being christmas themed, only to have it release in like May or whatever it was.

That jarred the fuck outta me.
>>
>comfy christmas atmosphere
>tony out of the suit for most of the film
>shane black story complete with buddy cop 3rd act
>comfy bookended narration

I literally put it up there with the original as one of the best MCU films. Unlike Boring Man 2.
>>
>>68167256
Iron man was so fucking good, the sequels just got worse and worse
>>
>Half the movie tony isnt even iron man and is just walking around having panic attacks

And here, we find a perfect crystallization of WHY Ironman 3 is the best in the series.
>>
>>68167256
>i-it was just a prank bro: the movie
2/10 would not watch again
>>
>>68167474

the only thing good to come from the iron man sequels was sam rockwell
>>
>>68167256
It could've been so good, great writer and director, but the PTSD wasn't handled well at all, the twist could've been good but it was just stupid and a gag, and killian is just a lame villain
>>
>>68167256
i think this is the only capeshit. that i actually fell asleep to. absolute fucking trash
>>
>>68167511

what kind of contrarian gay shitfuck statement is that anyway?
>>
>>68167581
What do you mean?
>>
>>68167301
>>68167256
I'm not convinced either of you fucks have seen the movie. When did he stop being Iron Man? Was it before or after the movie ends with him literally saying, " I am Iron Man"?
>>
>>68167673

i mean i thoroughly enjoyed his justin hammer character

mickey rourke was gay as fuck
>>
>>68167256
Why is this thread a clone of another one from /co/?
>>>/co/81726109
>>
>>68167636
My actual opinion? The movie is about him GETTING OVER his broken heart. He has to COME OUT OF HIS SHELL to overcome his emotional shortcomings.

The movie is a perfect literal metaphor for what Tony Stark was going through. He PTSD'd himself. And the movie ends with him getting the shrapnel removed from his chest. Y'know, because he was finally ready to heal?
>>
>>68167256
Iron Man 3 was the best Iron Man tbqhwy
>>
>>68167728

OP here, i dont set foot in /co/ thats like 1 step away from watching mlp
>>
It was great. Of course the capeshit babbies didn't like it.

The only good movie of that abortion of a 'cinematic universe'
>>
>>68167737

this post has to be satire, i imagine you wearing a scarf with a wisp of hipster hair sipping your mug of chai latte surrounded by your liberal arts text books
>>
>>68167784
And I imagine you alongside a compilation of comic books, some week old ramen and a fedora.
>>
>>68167857
>week old ramen

That shit lasts years. That's the point of it.
>>
IRON MAN DIDNT EBIN PEW PEW PPL SO MOVIE SUCK
>>
I am the only man in the world who can name all the villains in the Iron Man movies
>>
>>68167857

shit comeback literal shit

>>68167875

no one wants a deeper message we want RDJ being quirky iron man building new gadgets that do cooler shit

you fucking queers
>>
>>68167875
They're basically retards that only like digestive shit. Kinda like that kid from middle school that thought wearing autism shoes with jeans was cool
>>
>>68167256
>Not much Iron Man for an Iron Man movie
>I've never read Michellinie/Layton's seminal run
>>
The most egregious is that Guy Pearce and his extremis army (even though it had like only 25 people) could probably take down the avengers in a fight between them

hell Guy Pearce alone could probably easily kill black widow, captain america, hawkeye, and possibly thor in 1v1 fights.
>>
>>68167917
You got that from /co/
>>
i almost assumed ironman 3 was going to setup into tony's "nano armor" that comes out of his pores or something, thus the ending line of "I am ironman" being both a quip and foreshadowing.

However i think it took disney too long to seal the deal on getting spiderman into civil war (which was probable just in spitball stage at this point).

Of course RDJ and basically most capeshit leads hate acting in super hero movies. (ironic considering chris has complained in the past yet hes been in how many fucking superhero movies now).

RDJ made capeshit genre what it is today after their reboot death cycle folded over twice. He is the lead of the MCU universe and the guy has alot of clout with what he wants to do. so he probable so he started hard balling before renewing a contract. around this time winter solider smashed the box offices and proved itself one of the better stoyr arcs which of course leads into civil war with tony vs steve.
>>
>>68168103
>i almost assumed ironman 3 was going to setup into tony's "nano armor" that comes out of his pores or something, thus the ending line of "I am ironman" being both a quip and foreshadowing.

you might be stupid
>>
>>68167474
this
>>
>>68167474
This I watch it around Christmas time every year comfy as fuck on a cold night.
>>
>>68167474
>>68168149
Also the best post-credits scene.
>>
>>68168149

but why christmas theme released mid summer?

i remember leaving the theatre thinking i just came out of a coma n shit
>>
>>68167256
Jesus are you all fucking retarded?
The whole point of Iron Man 3 and destroying his suits at the end was to show Tony Stark is Iron Man. He has always been Iron Man.
It's not because of the suits, not because of the arc reactor in his chest, but because who he is as a person.

Tony Stark is Iron Man. Even without all his toys.
>>
>>68168205
The director always make Christmas themed movies. It's his quirk but he has no power of when it gets released.
>>
>>68167256
>Half the movie tony isnt even iron man and is just walking around having panic attacks

Better than him being stuck in a hole not doing anything like Bruce was in TDKR
>>
>>68168211
>Tony Stark is Iron Man. Even without all his toys.

makes literal 0% (zero percent) sense
>>
>>68168211
And then the very next movie he has all his toys back and more without explanation.
>>
I like how they nerfed him making the only armor he had access to that retard armor. Also I bet the jews were salivating at that last scene with all the various armors and potential toy sales.
>>
>>68168264

they salivate at every iron man sequel release

might as well make the next one called "iron man 4 shekel magnetron"
>>
>>68168286
>"iron man 4 shekel magnetron"

not sure why i laughed so god damn hard at this juvenile humor
>>
>>68168234
Take away Steve Roger's sheild, he's still Captain America
Take away Thor's hammer, he's still Thor
Take away Tony Stark's suit, he's still Iron Man

>>68168241
He didn't have the chest piece back in.
He built a new suit.
He destroyed all the suits he made while suffering from his PTSD. He was starting over.
>>
I'm glad we never got the demon in the bottle movie. Fucking hipster retards don't understand a 2 hour lifetime Iron Man movie about substance abuse isn't what people want to fucking see.
>>
>>68167256
it was a half assed attempt at letting RDJ act, but Disney didn't want to do demon in a bottle. so we got this.
>>
>>68168306

you MCU'ers and your mental gymnastics

come join the DC squad. we like to make sense and shit
>>
>>68168330
kek
>>
>>68167256
They tried to make a movie that focused on Tony and his post trauma to show they can into character development. Guess what.
>>
>>68168306
That was a very expensive reboot. Each armor probably cost half a billion dollars to make. Why not sell them to the Israelis or Hungarians and make a little profit back rather than blowing them up?
>>
This is the only decent Marvel capeshit movie made.

No wonder capeshit manchildren hate it.
>>
>>68167629
I think I did too. Disliked this movie a lot.
>>
>>68168340
They succeeded
>>
>>68167256

defo a 1.5x speed vlc watch half screen on second monitor for sure
>>
>>68167393
Fuckin American I swear
>>
Iron Man II best Iron Man
>>
>>68168330

>28%
>hack snyder
>making sense
>>
File: 1460090275788.png (18 KB, 353x269) Image search: [Google]
1460090275788.png
18 KB, 353x269
The funny thing is that IM3 was one of Marvel's best films, focused on Tony's issues with the identity of Iron Man, the PTSD, the weight that he carried by himself by feeling responsible for the whole world's security, and yet, people hated it because "omg this is sooooooo not funny".
>>
>>68168306
>Take away Thor's hammer, he's still Thor
no he is not
>>
>finally a capeshit movie that goes beyond ebin quirks and videogame plot and instead focuses on the character of Iron Man
>manchildren capeshit fans hate it

I'm not even surprised anymore.
>>
File: 1457495141311.png (40 KB, 564x556) Image search: [Google]
1457495141311.png
40 KB, 564x556
>>68168420

>non transparent background .png
>>
Why did Shane Blacked change the Mandarin as a magic sorcerer to Guy Pierce with magic blood? When two movies later we got Scarlett Witch, shit don't make sense
>>
>>68167301
>>68167317
People who say this are retarded, its not a good movie and me pointing out what factually happens in plain sight, not hidden by any subtleties, is not a defense of it. The fact that you can't put together basic logical connections like him saying before the credits role "I am Iron Man" makes you come off as a fucking idiot. Not just a normal idiot, an idiot who thinks himself clever for pointing out what he thinks is an inconsistency. There is literally a line in the trilogy where he says "the suit and I are one" and at the end of the movie he picks up a screw driver indicating he will build more and blowing up the suits is merely a symbolic gesture to Pepper. Its really not complicated as this is the basic theme of all the movies, and I wouldn't harp on your stupidity so much if so many people didn't think they are extremely smart for pointing this out like its an actual flaw. It's you who were too stupid to make a basic connection that he did not literally blow up all his armors with no intention of ever wearing them again.

>>68167474
>list a bunch of things and call it comfy therefor its good
>>
>>68167256
We're there even any quips in it?
>>
I wish more of the movie took place in Tennessee and there was more detective work before the bad guys found him. I really liked the small town aspect of it wish they played off more of that.
>>
>>68167256
Iron man three is worse than number one, but it's a good movie and I like it
>>
>>68168459
Every scene with the kid. When he fought the girl agent. Every scene with pepper. This movies had tons of quips dunno why people say otherwise.
>>
the amount of /co/ posts by one IM3 apologist is embarassing

take a look for yourselves kinobros
>>>/co/81726109
>>
>>68168493

coulda been like at least 2x more quips dude
>>
>>68168497
>going to /co/
>going to a part of 4chan where saying the word nigger gets you banned

Lol
>>
>>68168497
Then refute their arguments, thats how discussions work. What you're doing now is shitposting, contributing no opinion with any meaning on any level, might as well just be a dislike on Reddit.
>>
>>68168103
>I am iron man is a quip
You heard it here first folks
>>
>>68167737
This.

The movie also demonstrates how Tony IS Iron Man.

He doesn't need his suits to be a hero.
>>
>>68168523
>>68168550
IM3 shills arrived, just ignore them Favreaubros
>>
>>68168584
That doesn't even make sense as a shitpost, its not in theaters. I have it pirated on my hard drive.
>>
>>68168234
Did you not see the movies?

>>68168241
>without explanation
Do you think avengers 2 happened the day after iron man 3 or something? I thought Tony picking up the screwdriver at the end and saying "I am iron man" made it pretty clear that he intended to be iron man
>>
>>68167256
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3
>AoU

50% of the MCU is shit
>>
Favourite Iron Man 3 armours thread?
>>
>>68168441
The entire first movie is about Thor learning how to be Thor without his hammer
>>
>>68168584
But the ones that like IM3 are the ones that shit on other Marvel capeshit movies for not being like IM3. IM3 is the only Marvel capeshit that doesn't play out like Saturday morning cartoons. Therefore capeshit manchildren hate it and there are those that traditionally don't like capeshit that likes the movie. Even the director said that this is capeshit for people who hate capeshit.
>>
File: 1139.jpg (24 KB, 630x269) Image search: [Google]
1139.jpg
24 KB, 630x269
>>68168709
Best armor
>>
File: briefcasetransitionseq.jpg (497 KB, 600x1750) Image search: [Google]
briefcasetransitionseq.jpg
497 KB, 600x1750
>>68168709
>>
File: drunken mess.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
drunken mess.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>68168679
Those are not shit though, they are serviceable stories with passable characters who have mildly interesting conflicts. This doesn't apply to Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 but it becomes such a bombastic cluster fuck its hard not to enjoy some of the moments such as mowing down drones and teleporting through different parts of the universe. Only on /tv/ is this taken and described as the worst thing ever with literally no watchability or redeeming qualities to speak of. I mean I get a lot of times shit things are popular but if you're a part of literally the only community that thinks one thing you're probably wrong. I think most of /tv/ actually agrees with me but its inherent to the culture to exaggerate and accept that exaggeration instead of having any actual discussions. It's easier to just say "50% of the MCU is shit". And this is proven by the fact that despite rampant push against what's popular it is still what is most popular here and what gets posted the most. If everyone actually unanimously agreed with this sentiment then capeshit wouldn't be so rampantly posted, but because it is there is a need felt to say its worse than it is.
>>
>>68168457
>blows up trillions of dollars in future tech for his girlfriend
>she'll never be seen again
>>
>>68167256
maybe because shane black focused on making an actual movie instead of retarded fanservice?

capeshit idiots can't deal with iron man 3 being one of the only actually good marvel movies
>>
I thought that when Tony removed the shrpnal from his heart and destroyed his armors that this meant he was done creating armors to shell him from his pains and demons. The whole "I'm Iron Man" in my opinion was him metaphorically saying that he was an Iron Man. That he, as a person, was an Iron Man. That he needed no armors anymore and was going to get married and settle down.

To me that was Shane Black way of giving an end to his movies.

Was i wrong?
>>
>>68169642
The first Iron Man is a genuenly good and heart felt character piece
>>
>>68169669
Yea you missed the part where he picks up the screwdriver, unless that was a literal thing and it wasn't saying he would build more suits.
>>
File: 1343859511197.jpg (34 KB, 250x276) Image search: [Google]
1343859511197.jpg
34 KB, 250x276
>>68167474
I hate so much about the things that you chose to be
>>
>>68169761

Yeah, i forgot about that. Thanks for clearing it up, anon.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.