[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dare you to say something nice about this movie, /tv/. Even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
I dare you to say something nice about this movie, /tv/. Even the contrarians who defend the prequels can't defend this abomination.
>>
>>68165469
Music and middrift
>>
>>68165469
Natalie Portman is hot as fuck
>>
>>68165469
ripped shirt Hershlag
>>
Anakins Tatooine arc is dark and cool. Geonosis is really fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>68165469
be careful, you might awaken someone's autism. just look at pic related.
>>
Detective Obi-Wan.

and these:
>>68165503
>>68165526
>>68165546
>>
Jango Fett is rader than Boba.
>>
>>68165469
It's George Lucas tries to make Blade Runner, and if you're gonna steal, steal from the best
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>68165613
>>
Hershlag
>>
File: Hershlag Episode II - Column.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Hershlag Episode II - Column.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>
>>68165469
sound design
world-building
>>
>>68165469
I liked the battle sequences
>>
Yoda fights
>>
>>68165469
No, fuck your bargaining. You're probably masturbating to this thread right now.
>>
AoTC was good.
>>
It was better than TFA
>>
Ewan was terribly miscast but still held his end of the bargain.
>>
>>68166403
>miscast
>Ewan

Pick only one, he was one of the best casts in the prequels if not the best cast
>>
>>68165837
At least it took the GOAT saber duelist to take Jango down.
>>
>>68165469

> TELL US NOW

It only contains the greatest line of dialogue in the entire saga.
>>
The Force Awakens > Prequels
>>
>>68165469

-Everything on Tatooine was cool. (Watto return, C-3PO return, Tuskain camp, Lara homestead)

-Beginning Coruscant speeder chase is pretty thoroughly GOAT

-The Genosis Arena/Jedi battle

-Jango vs Obi-Wan Kamino and asteroid battles

-The score is 10/10
>>
>>68166526
Good try, but that's not what the thread is about shitposter-san.

You caught yourself on your own bait!
>>
>>68166428
Best cast compared to a pile of shit, doesn't make him a good choice to begin with.

Good actor, shouldn't be anywhere near star wars (like virtually every other actor in that trilogy)
>>
>>68166526

I thought it was a lot less imaginative than the prequels, but I don't think it's defenders really care.
>>
>>68166526
TFA up until crash land on tattooine > attack of the clones > TFA
As soon as the millenium falcon showed up it went downhill
>>
>>68166607
Imaginative /=/ quality

They were too ambitious for its own good. The original trilogy was extremely straight forward and it worked.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
>>
>>68165469
Rather watch this than TFA
>>
Obi Wan grew a great beard.

Padme's stomach was flat as fuck.

No Jake Lloyd.
>>
>>68165503
>gets scratched by large alien rat thing
>clothes not even torn, they just disappear around the midriff
>>
>>68165613
It's like everyone forgets how fucking boring Boba Fett was. Jango may be a direct copy-paste of Boba's costume and ship, but at least you see his face and he has some kind of origin story (also filling in for Boba's total lack of one)
>>
>>68166766
Jango was good in a fight too. When we see Boba fight he gets killed. Jango actually kills a Jedi and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>68165469

Usually in movies about the good vs evil large scale battles, the good army fights on the left of the screen while the bad one fights on the right.

In this movie the Separatists fight on the left side and the Clones fight on the right.

BRAVO LUCAS.

I also quite liked the cat and mouse chase between Kenobi and Jango
>>
>>68166749
M-maybe it's really good ablative armor?
>>
>>68165613

Jango Fett did rad shit compared to Boba. Until there is a movie dedicated to boba, then Jango will continue to be the OG Fett
>>
>>68165469
Liked it as a kid, like it now. Don't have any desire to watch it though, but if will i will have a good time. I don't really get at what part should i get all epileptic and scream how shit the movie is? The "I like sand" part? Yeah, it's shitty, but it's not like most movie romances aren't shitty.
>>
I always liked that part where Padme and that one clone trooper fell out of the air ship and they had to run. It was kind of cool. I always had a thing for being stranded.
>>
>>68165469
Detective Obi-Wan was fun and Anakin legitimately acted like a fucking nutjob.
>>
>>68166607

People who like TFA just want more of the OT and nothing to change. It doesn't matter if TFA did the same but worse, at least it was close enough so they could get their nostalgia off.
>>
>>68167188
The people who like TFA are the people who generally like good movies.
>>
>>68167085
Except that in good romance movies there's usually actual chemistry between the actors, and it's believable and makes sense when they fall in love with each other.
>>
>>68167237
Only shitposters deal in absolutes.
>>
File: HighvsSpin.png (1 MB, 1284x950) Image search: [Google]
HighvsSpin.png
1 MB, 1284x950
Which wins? High Ground or The Spin?
>>
>>68167250
wew
>>
I really like the clones both as a concept and from a design perspective. I think this movie solidifys my opinion that the prequel era is far more interesting than the ot era, even though the movies aren't as great.

Plus it has "THE TECHNO UNION ARMY IS AT YOUR DISPOSAL, COUNT" which is pretty much the funniest part of the entire saga for some reason to me.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaa.png (711 KB, 731x553) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.png
711 KB, 731x553
>>68166030
>early digital cinematography
>>
>>68165469

>Kamino
>Geonosis
>>
>>68167509
the clones have 10/10 designs (especially the ones in Revenge of the Sith) but the fact they're all CGI really takes away from it, especially in AotC, because you can really tell. I wish they wore actual costumes, or at least the ones that had closeups.
>>
The clones are cool. That alone makes it better than episode 1.
>>
>>68165469
Should've sped up development/pacing and showed more of the clone wars so they wouldn't have to shoehorn battles in episode III.
>>
>>68167690
I actually think Episode I is the most aesthetically interesting of the three. The underwater city, the Naboo starfighters, the podracers, they all seemed like things that Lucas and co. really put a lot of thought into. I'll always stick up for Episode I the most because it seems like the only one of the three that Lucas actually wanted to make.
>>
>>68167237

If they like good movies why would they like tfa?
>>
>>68165469
clones are awesome

it was better than a new hope
>>
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 1803x1351
It was unironically my favorite of the series followed closely by Empire. TFA stole the spot as favorite though since Daisy is a doll.

I don't know why it was my favorite though, I think it might be because the clone wars in games, books, and tv is so much more interesting than the galactic civil war. Giant armies clashing in a war where the only real casualty is morality as clones and droids are disposable, Jedi and sith, Sith, and "sith" leading these armies by lightsaber and the force. It was just badass.
>>
>>68165469
Detective Mullet-Wan's arc was pretty solid. And the costume designs for Padme were extremely enjoyable. Also the duel at the end was good up until they brought in Yoda (seriously worst idea ever).
>>
>liking something some raging neckbeards hate makes you a contrarian

I mean I hate the prequels too, but c'mon.

Let's remember that they saw the prequels at the same age we saw the originals. In reality they all probably suck.
>>
That Kamino scene gave me some chills desu. I like intrigue and the idea of Palpatine manipulating Dooku into imitating a Jedi Master who orders the first Clone Army is great.

They need to make a flat out Palpatine origins movie.
>>
>>68165594
>>67991015
>>
Some of the best music in all of star wars
Cool designs
Obi Wan
Anakin tracking down his mom
>>
>>68165469
Every design from the Clone army was 100% rad, from the armors to the LAAT blasting "it ain't sheev" in 'Nosis.
>>
>>68165469
I liked how polite the polite and mysterious the Kaminoans were
>>
>>68168022
You forgot the exposed gunner on the main weapon of the AT-TE.
Also the turrets in the middle of the LAAT wings.

The core design is god-tier. They just have these mindnumbingly stupid details.
>>
rain planet battle

rain is just so damn comfy
>>
File: DeltaSquad.png (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
DeltaSquad.png
2 MB, 1920x816
Episode II gave birth to...

>"Delta, regroup. We're going after Sev."
>>
>>68165469
Natalie portman looked nice in the movie
>>
>>68168220
is there a film about a world/planet where it just rains forever?
>>
File: JangoInfobox.png (1 MB, 924x878) Image search: [Google]
JangoInfobox.png
1 MB, 924x878
>>68165613

Nah

Boba Fett
>Successfuly tracks the Millennium Falcon to cloud city and informs the Empire. Also escapes with Han Solo. His actions directly give ESB its "The bad guys win" ending
>Then hes knocked into a man eating hole by a blind man through sheer chance

Jango Fett
>Is hired to assassinate someone. Hires someone else because reasons. When his hired goon fails he kills her with a special unique poison dart. Because of this hes tracked to Kamino and the Obi Wan unearths his boss' secret plot. He is then tracked AGAIN to Geonosis and a war starts. (Just as planned for Sheev I guess). Also bumps his head on his own ship.

>Then he gets into a fight with Mace Windu. For a moment the Jedi Master is unarmed. His lightsaber lying in the dirt. Instead of shooting him in the face, Jango decides to leap for the weapon hes never used. Mace easily pulls his sword back to him and Jango falls face first in the dirt. Then hes run over by a giant space rhino. Then he gets his head cut off as he backs away slowly, firing his useless blaster instead of the flamethrower, poison darts or rocket launcher.

Jango was a moron.
>>
>>68168297

I would say the Fett's in general are stupid as sin. That's why the aliums used his DNA. So that Sheev could have unconditional obedience when he ordered Order 66
>>
>>68168344

I wouldn't say anything Boba does is indicative of him being stupid. He does his job and then peaces out. He dies in Jedi as just another of Jabbas goons. They had no idea how popular he'd become, so hes really no different than the guy that shoots Luke in the hand.

Jangos got no excuses. His presence was pure fanservice and they still fucked it up.
>>
>>68167085
Why do people still sperg out over the "sand" line?
It was obviously metaphorical
anakin was comparing himself and padme to their home planets
he was apologizing for his actions and attempting to get a smooch, and wouldn't you know it, he succeeded!
>>
>>68165469
Being 100% serious.

The score. Natalie port mans looks.

Everything else only looks good because everything around it is crap.
>>
>>68168277
Se7en until the end
>>
>>68168146
Meh, there's stuff like that in every star wars design, not that big a deal, just makes for a better toy to sell
>>68167654
The RotS designs are gorgeous, best helmet in star wars, the CGI thing does slightly take away from it from a prop appreciation standpoint, but most people didn't even know they were CGI until they were told
>>
>>68168680
It was a big deal in Battlefront you nigger.
>oh hey want to use the big gun?
>have fun getting sniped kid
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.