[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did this garbage win best picture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Birdman.jpg (126 KB, 817x1280) Image search: [Google]
Birdman.jpg
126 KB, 817x1280
How the fuck did this garbage win best picture?
>>
By being far from garbage
>>
>>68165360
But it was awesome.
>>
>>68165360
by going right over your head
>>
>>68165415
>>68165527
>>68165575

Thank you Reddit for your well-thought rebuttals. We know it's hard for you when there's no downvote button and appreciate your opinions.

Birdman is a pretentious film with a stupid editing gimmick that tricks people into believing it has depth. A jaded man coming to terms with his past and present as a springboard for a brighter future and commentary on showbiz excess. This has been done a million times before in more thoughtful ways. Go watch 8 1/2 by Fellini or read Day of the Locust. I know you probably refuse to read anything other than Dresden Files and The Dark Knight Rises novelization but give art a chance instead of letting the marketing machine spoonfeed you what to think you fucking infantalized consumer bitches.
>>
>>68166549
art is and enjoyment is subjective nignog

no amount of namedropping famously agreed upon art films will change the fact that birdman was a genuinely enjoyable and well-put together movie to 90% of audiences

anyway;
>caring about the academy awards
>caring about the academy awards from LAST YEAR
>>
>>68166549
>Go watch 8 1/2 by Fellini or read Day of the Locust
you think name-dropping Fellini will earn you clout around these parts? TOP. FUCKING. KEK.
come back when you've watched the extended cut of Empire fucking noob idiot.
>>
>>68166549
>muh opinion
>muh reddit
>stop liking what i don't like
Although i sort of agree, it's a pretty a straightforward, simple story with gimmicky editing. It isn't near terrible tho.
>>
>>68165360
smells like balls
>>
>>68165360
It was between Whiplash, GBH, and Birdman.
Birdman was the most uniquely done. End of Story.
>>
>>68166703
>>68166674

It's not namedropping if it's the same concept done 100 times better 50 years earlier.
>>
Gotta say Ed Norton was especially great in it. Keaton was very believable as a guy losing his mind.
>>
I found this movie incredibly entertaining. Despite all the subtle meta to it.

Also it's visually fantastic.

Might have a bias as well being a life long new yorker....
>>
Question

People say "deep" movies of this type are suffering because of capeshit, in that there are less being made as focus goes towards other products.

Is there less of them being made? Is there just as many as ever? Is the quality of these types going down?

I believe there are just as many as ever but the general quality of them is saturated.
>>
>>68166549

you sound like the tumblr critic in the movie. you triggered m8?
>>
>>68166549
>springboard for a brighter future
>being this fucking stupid

He KILLS HIMSELF on stage idiot. The continuity cut symbolizes his death, and everything that happens after that is how he wishes it could turn out in his afterlife psyche.

I think maybe you should just stop watching movies altogether man
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.