[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't women like films? Why is it an exclusively male
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: the_D.jpg (150 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
the_D.jpg
150 KB, 500x667
Why don't women like films? Why is it an exclusively male domain?

Pic related is a woman's idea a 'film' collection. Trashy, throwaway flicks with no substance. I've never known of any woman who had a decent film (or even movie) collection.
>>
>>68162587
>I've never known of any woman
yeah. keep looking or finally do it and start fucking dudes
>>
>>68162587
fuck off virgin
>>
>>68149246
The social phenomenon you are alluding to can be attributed to the fact that women watch films primarily for escapism. While this is not exclusive to women, obviously men watch films for entertainment as well, the point is women, for the most part, do not seek to gain anything from watching films. And this has to do with how males and females are wired.
>>
>>68162587
Because they think romantic comedies and love stories are high art, when really they're literally the exact opposite.
>>
>>68162587
Pursuit of Happyness, The Notebook, Mouling Rouge, Little Miss Sunshine, Grease, Footsole, Blue Valentine, Anchorman and 500 days of summer are solid flicks.
>>
>>68163315
Found the woman.
>>
>>68162828
>this is an acceptable thing to post on 4chan these days
>there are people on 4chan who have had sex
>there are people on 4chan who aren't saving themselves for their waifus in the X dimension
That's it. Reddit has won.
>>
>>68162587
Are you implying manchildren with collection of capeshit are better?
>>
>>68163574
If only slightly.
>>
>>68163384
>muh secret club
maybe you would get laid if you didn't think that you had to be loyal to a website about cartoons
>>
>>68163378
I wish
>>
You can't post things like this on here anymore OP. /tv/ is now about 73% girls, just look at all the TFA and Rouge One shills.
>>
>>68163611
This is my secret club. Go back to whatever memesite you came from NORMIE.
>>
File: 61mIAYCosDL._SL1024_.jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
61mIAYCosDL._SL1024_.jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
they can make cool stuff sometimes
>>
because they're too busy lusting after big black cock

glistening and firm its disgusting
>>
>>68164103
Sometimes.
>>
File: meekscutoff.jpg (37 KB, 337x445) Image search: [Google]
meekscutoff.jpg
37 KB, 337x445
>>68164103
There's at least a handful of great female directors.
>>
>>68162587
500 Days of Summer, Despicable Me, Grease, Moulin Rouge are all fine.
I'm more disgusted that it's all DVD.
>>
File: We-Need-To-Talk-About-Kevin.jpg (37 KB, 304x450) Image search: [Google]
We-Need-To-Talk-About-Kevin.jpg
37 KB, 304x450
>>68164953
>>
>>68164992
>despicable me
You wanna know how I know that you're a pleb?
>>
>>68165068
I thought it was fine. I didn't bother seeing the second one or Minions, but I took my little sister to see the first one and I found it to be around the level of the first Shrek.
>>
>>68165161
>around the level of the first shrek
Holy shit you are such a pleb it's not even funny. I genuinely feel bad you have to live through life being that plebeian.
>>
>>68165212
Do you think that perhaps you may be just a little too far in love with Shrek?
>>
>>68165068
>>68165161
>>68165212
jesus why are you getting so mad about someone being ok with despicable me
>>
>>68165161
Ok now Im mad. You win
>>
>>68165288
Shrek had WAY more layers than what the preview showed
>>
>>68165288
Not at all, there's no such thing as being too in love with the greatest children's franchise to ever be made.
>>
the first despicable me is mediocre not awful, and shrek is really pretty annoying to watch now desu sorry famalam
>>
>>68165382
Just turn off the memes in your head familia and enjoy Shrek... Have some feels
>>
>>68165382
>shrek
>annoying
It couldn't be more obvious that you haven't seen the movie or if you did it was after all the memes and that tainted your view of it.
>>
>>68165443
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj2dz8VcpMI
>>
>>68165443
>They will never truly experience what non meme shrek was like
>>
>>68165636
>he definitely 100% for sure didn't see the movie: the post
M8 that's not even in the movie it's a bonus feature. Source: I own the fucking movie.
>>
would OP describe some films that are "worth watching" then .

anchorman is good in my opinion . thats the only one out of that pile i'd consider watching but my attention span is shit / most films seem boring
>>
>>68166053
Watch little miss sunshine if you haven't. That's pure kino and I'm genuinely surprised the person that owns it also owns all that other retarded shit.
>>
o.k nice one
>>
>>68162587

I don't think a girl would have a copy of Blue Valentine. Or 500 Days of Summerman. Or Anchorman.

But to answer your question, females are easily bored, because they are boring people who don't know how to unbore themselves. So if a film isn't some romance or childish fantasy, they get bored quickly. Where are the two hot guys she has to choose from? A film with "substance" is boring to them. Films like Zookeeper are more their speed. Although I have known girls to like films like The Devil's Rejects or American Psycho, but that's because psychopaths turn women on. Again, if they don't see a love interest they don't see the point, unless they just want to zone out and watch CGI animals.
>>
>>68165344
>layers
;)))))))))

also i just watched se7en with my girl and she liked it, i understand not everyone here has ever talked to a woman though
>>
>>68167595

That's because serial killers turn women on. The danger is thrilling to them, exciting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia
>Hybristophilia is a paraphilia in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities or crime, such as rape, murder, or armed robbery.

>Many high-profile criminals, particularly those who have committed atrocious crimes, receive "fan mail" in prison that is sometimes amorous or sexual, presumably as a result of this phenomenon. In some cases, admirers of these criminals have gone on to marry the object of their affections in prison.[2][3]
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.