[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: last-year-at-marienbad.jpg (198 KB, 1354x573) Image search: [Google]
last-year-at-marienbad.jpg
198 KB, 1354x573
Can someone explain this to me
>>
look if the fucking writer can't even explain it, how can I?
>>
>>68162238
This is going to sound pretentious, but screw it, you asked for it.

Stop thinking of film as literature told with images. Instead, think of it as poetry told with images: plot and characters take a backseat to a raw emotional response to what's on the screen.

Last Year in Marienbad is the story of two star crossed lovers, one of which can't remember the other. There are only three main characters, none of which have names. The story is timeless: a man yearns for a woman who cannot bring herself to allow herself to be with him. It embodies every romantic story ever told, all at once.

TL;Dr: it's a love story that covers all possible angles while being vague enough to never fit into just one. It's a masterpiece.
>>
>>68162673
completely missed the point. maybe take a film class or two?
>>
>>68162734
his first point about film not being literature with images is completely valid, though.
>>
Wait till you're half asleep to watch this film. You will reach a zen like state and experience true Kino.
>>
>>68162799
kek
>>
>>68162734
care to explain your POV instead of a vague, shallow refutal?
>>
>>68162734
i didnt went to
>>
Holy shit! The people have shadows! The other things don't!
>>
>>68162973
It's the complete opposite of that Captain America Civil War battle in the parking lot!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.