[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss me yet, faggots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: 1231235436547.jpg (16 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
1231235436547.jpg
16 KB, 300x361
Miss me yet, faggots?
>>
>tfw Jar Jar Binks alone is more artistic and had more creative input put in him than the whole TFA
>>
>>68159590
No matter how shit Jar Jar was at least he was original.
>>
No, you're shit
>>
>>68159623
except Rey alone is more interesting than anything in the prequels
>>
>>68159516
Why George? You sold us out. Is this your vengeance upon us? Is this our eternal suffering. Stuck with the best new characters shafted by a Mary Sue in a Star Wars movie AND luke being gay?
>>
Who was that ultra autist who made a long ass video bashing RLM? He was great.
>>
>>68159942
bait
>>
>>68159623
Finn isn't original?
>>
>>68159590
lol good meme
>>
>>68160044
Describe him to me without mentioning his physical looks.
>>
>>68160020
That's a mirror
>>
>>68160020
He was Mike this whole time doing another voice
>>
>>68159516
hell fucking no

https://youtu.be/2jzZOgLH4KU

>>
>>68159590
>>68159623
what the fuck are you people taking about?
>>
>>68159516
I'm confused.

Sure. Billions of dollars is billions of dollars and thats a hard offer to pass up. But I do believe George had a love for Star Wars. And at a point he's rich enough already that he would never go wanting. That +$2000000000 or whatever it was is a lot sure, but theres a limit to how much one can hope to spend in a lifetime.

Why didn't george, assuming he does love star wars as much as i think he does, just use his money and influence to do what disney is doing right now? Outsource the work to other potentially more talented directors and had a group of editors and writers to help him craft something really good? He probably would have made an assload of money off of it and would have been able to make star wars in exactly his vision.

And he didn't give a shit about the EU anyways, so making the movies overwrite some of it wouldnt have been out of the question either.

WHY DID HE SELL OUT?
>>
>>68160080
Not that poster

>wants to prove himself
>scared shitless of the New Order
>feels a lot of guilt for being a stormtrooper
>loyalty to his new friends
>>
>>68160080
>scared
>goofy
>good-hearted, despite his cowardice
You could make that RLM argument for Rey, who's just a stoic non-character. But not for Finn.
>>
>>68160261
>WHY DID HE SELL OUT?
He made his good movies when he was a younger man, and now he's a fat old grandpa who looks like frog. He tried to get back into Star Wars with the prequels, and realized it only got him more hate and alienated him more from his own fans and tarnished his own legacy.
>>
>>68160355
So what youre saying is he gave up.

Do you think he honestly thought this was the best move for his fans?
>>
>>68160354
Rey wants to get back home and wants to find her parents, friendzoned Finn, and is struggling with the idea of becoming a Jedi
>>
>>68160261
He literally have nearly all of his money to charity. He doesn't give a fuck about money man. He just got tired of people hating on him for the prequels. Wanted to wash himself clean of this bullshit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227949/Star-Wars-creator-George-Lucas-donate-4billion-Disney-deal-charity.html
>>
>>68160396
>So what youre saying is he gave up.
Yes. Why keep doing something you're getting too old for and that will only hurt your reputation and make your fans hate you more and more?

>>68160396
>Do you think he honestly thought this was the best move for his fans?
He probably did, and compare TFA to the prequels and he would have been right.
>>
>>68160424
thats the plot not the character.

also
>struggling with the idea of becoming a Jedi

she seemed to take to it pretty naturally actually.
>>
>>68160080
We haven't seen a defecting storm trooper before. If that's not original, then I don't know what is
>>
>>68160497
She didn't want Luke's lightsaber, and only used it when she absolutely had to at the end
>>
>>68159516
D
I
N
D
U
>>
>>68160447
He didnt donate all of it. He made some donations to various film schools, but hes sat on most of the cash and he hasnt touched his stock.

If you honestly believe George doesnt care about money, youre naive and/or stupid, hes a businessman first, a producer second and an artist a distant third.
>>
>>68160524
All it does is pretty much ruin the entire story.

Now the rebels are pretty much just as bad. All of those Storm Troopers could be saved, but the rebels happily kill thousands of them, if not millions when you consider the size of the Star Killer base.
>>
>>68160568
she didn't want it because it gave her a one-ring style acid trip. Can you imagine her going through all that shit and going "ooh, that was fun. Let me keep this just in case I want to hallucinate scary shit again."

that has nothing to do with the force. just the lightsaber.
>>
>>68160629
>show proof that he gives nearly all of his Star Wars sale money to charity
>nah he's just a greedy businessman fuck him

are you incapable of thinking and reading?
>>
>>68160715
an article from three and a half years ago where he talks about what hes going to do is not evidence of having actually done it, faggot.

You know he hasnt touched his stock, right? If he just sold 4 billion dollars worth of stock everyone would know. Hes sitting on it.
>>
>>68160637
Stormtroopers were normal schmucks from the start. It was only the prequels that used CGI bland clones that no one feels anything over dying, but they would have been phased out after the empire took over.

>rebels blow up a moon-sized battle station filled with millions of drafted soldiers and even more random non-military personnel like cooks, janitors, engineers, plumbers, prostitutes, etc.
>not once, but twice
>>
>>68159516
Given all the autism about TFA online I think JJ probably knows how he feels.
>>
>>68159516

No. George is a great man and gets far too much shit on the Internet, but he is not a good filmmaker.
>>
>>68159709

Ok, j-j-j-j-ust checking.
>>
>>68160080
>N-nig...
Damnit, you got me
>>
>>68160020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ZKtndTe1g
>>
>>68160152
Pure fucking kino
>>
>>68159516
fuck no never come back
>>
>>68159516
Die of diabetes already, you fat fuck.
>>
I wish he made cameos like Stan Lee
>>
>>68159590

Please don't post shit like this, people will believe you're serious.
>>
>>68160354
>scared
>goofy
>good-hearted, despite his cowardice
You just described Jar Jar
>>
File: 1459289447333.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1459289447333.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
No, stop forcing this horrible meme.
>>
I have plenty of issues with Episode VII, but I am 99.9% certain that it's better than anything George Lucas would've made in its place.

Abrams may not have much when it comes to storytelling sense, but he clearly likes and respects the spirit of Star Wars. Lucas does not. Lucas has only contempt for his creation, in a way that only an overly indulged, disproportionately wealthy man can. For more than three decades he's been surrounded by hundreds of people telling him what a genius he is and how he can do no wrong. He has long since reached the phase of post-artistic insanity where he probably believes he could take a dump on a canvas, smear it around, and sell the result for a million dollars. And I believe that is essentially what he would've done with any new Star Wars films.
>>
People actually convinced themselves that episode 7 is good.
>>
I don't care what he did. At least in his hands I knew Star Wars was safe from becoming the latest flavour dumb-action-movie and forced SJW principles. but now, I just don't know.
BABY COME BACK
>>
>>68165446

It was.

What is more scary is that people are making themselves think the prequels are good so that they can be contrarian to normalfags.
>>
File: 1276391802711.png (139 KB, 255x421) Image search: [Google]
1276391802711.png
139 KB, 255x421
>>68165446
>people hate ep 7 so much they convince themselves the prequels were good
>people hate the prequels so much they convince themselves TFA was good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbPybTg08E

I'm starting to understand the place where threads like this come from.
>>
>>68160080
Idealistic
Frightened but ultimately brave
Goofy
Lonely
>>
>>68159590
Jar Jar Binks was nothing but a cynical take on the wacky sidekick phenomenon that was plaguing cinema in the 90's and early 2000's. That /tv/ defends this character is one of the clearest proofs of how shit it is.
>>
>>68165446
For a popcorn space adventure, which is what Star Wars is meant to be, it was good.
>>
>>68159516
Please, no.
Best thing ever happened to star wars is Lucas going out.
>>
>>68160080
Ironically, for the characters /tv/ actually likes in this film (Ren, Dameron), this test becomes harder.
>>
File: jarjar.png (37 KB, 561x418) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.png
37 KB, 561x418
>>68163922
>>68160073
>>68165713
>tfw
>>
>>68165555
Nice quads, but as derivative as TFA was, it was an actual movie. The prequels were tech demos.
>>
>>68159516
No, but I'd rather Star Wars be dead than the pandering shit we have now.
>>
>>68159590
>tfw we're so deeply entrenched in ironic shitposting, we've come full circle and are now praising jar jar binks.
I wonder if this is what they mean by a wasting disease.
>>
>>68165923
????

Ren:
Angry
Angsty
Confused
Cruel
Uncertain

Dameron:
Brash
Charismatic
>>
>>68166012
btw pls pretend I didn't write confused and just use uncertain.
>>
>>68166012
The angst, confusion and uncertainty are just three ways of saying he was conflicted; separating confusion and uncertainty was especially cheeky. Anger issues sure, cruelty I'm not really sure about.
>>
>>68165998
Good thing no one gives a fuck about your opinion grandpa.
>>
>>68159623
What are you 12?
>>
>>68159516
HOW IS HIS HAIR SO NICE?

HOW?????????????????????????????
>>
>>68160080
>Steals everything he sees (TIE fighter, Poe's jacket, Rey)
>Chases after white women who clearly don't want him
>Good at running
>Shoots people
>Destroys everything white people built

I don't even need to describe his appearance because you know what his skin colour is based on his actions and you know they all look the same.
>>
>>68166554
I don't know, that could make him mexican or arab, those things aren't specific to blacks
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.