[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know it can be the first superhero trilogy with no bad movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 201141605.jpg (175 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
201141605.jpg
175 KB, 1100x618
You know it can be the first superhero trilogy with no bad movies, also the only one where first movie is the weakest
>>
The first one was a bad movie. Like, total shit.

Winter Solider was pretty good, and Civil War is an Avengers movie branded as Cap.
>>
marvel movies didn't get good until WS, then each got progressively worse
>>
>>68157436
The First Avenger is good, I only liked Iron Man 1, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier and maybe Ant man more
>>
>>68157436
This. Well the first part at least. The first CA started out like it was gonna be fucking awesome and then when he got his powers a gigantic timer popped up in the middle of the screen that said "countdown until the avengers"
>>
>>68157436
>>68157561
You plebs can leave any time.
>>
>>68157405
Do you honestly think the first Cap movie was dramatically better than Iron Man 2 or the Dark Knight Rises?
>>
Sucks that a The Question Trilogy is not possible yet.
>>
>>68157604
IM2 without a doubt. On par with DKR
>>
>What is the Nolan Batman trilogy?
>>
>>68157604
Iron Man 2 is overrated, it's one of the worst Marvel movies period, but some don't even consider it to be the worst Iron Man flick
>>
>>68157436
>>68157561
I don't understand this meme on /tv/ of hating Cap 1. It oozed atmosphere and charm, and had a compelling villain with some great writing and characters. It's top 5 origin stories.
>>
>>68157604
CIA Rises was shit
>>
calling this a trilogy is a stretch, they're just a bunch of movies that have no consistency at all

the first one was used as a set up point for The Avengers
the second one was a legitimate movie because it didn't adhere to the confined space of the MCU
the third looks like a poor man's Avengers movie which will set up more characters for Phase 4
>>
>>68157604

Not him, but yes. I'd probably call it the best of the Marvel Phase 1 films, possibly edged out by Iron Man.

Neither of them are mind-blowingly good, but they're both better than the two others you listed.
>>
>>68157436
Road Warrior rocks but I can't stand Mad Max. BORE-ING@!
>>
>>68157436
Yeah he is right the first one was fkn shit
>>
>>68158182
I understand this meme on /tv/ of liking Cap1. Everyone else thinks it's mediocre at best so good ol contrarian /tv/ has to pretend it's good.
>>
>>68161327
I just thought it was a really fun film and handled the hokeyness of someone called Captain America very well. Also the characters were so over the top It felt like a moving comic book. The evil nazi mastermind, his igor-esque sidekick, the smartassy, cranky, old military leader. Stanley Tucci, everyone was so fucking memorable.
>>
>>68159837
>no consistency
>cap is consistently the main character
Those descriptions are terrible, reach harder faggot.
>>
first one was already shit. its too late.

>implying civil war isn't just another iron man movie starring other avenger guys
>>
>>68158182
I never said it wasn't a good origin story. If you weren't illiterate you'd see that I put it was fucking awesome until he got his powers. The origin part of the movie was GOAT, the rest was shit.
>>
>>68157405
>ww2 laser beams
that first movie was shit though
>>
The Dark Knight Rises was better than Batman Begins.
>>
>>68163779

If you give me an address I will actually fight you. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>68163924

I live in Costa Rica.
>>
>>68157405
Nolan's batman has no bad movies, it's still the only respectable capeshit despite the 3rd having a lot of silliness.
>>
>>68163989

Then I will el fight you.
>>
>>68163779
both are outdated, their seams are really showing
>>
>>68164049
I can't watch Nolan's again because of how cringy TDKR was
>>
>>68164271
Total run time of his trilogy is exhausting.
>>
>>68157405
All 3 Iron Man movies were alright, so were the spider-man raimi movies. I didn't hate X-men 3 as much as everyone else. Rises wasn't a bad movie by any metric. All 3 Blade movies had some redeeming values.
>>
>>68157405
>Captain America was good
First superhero film to include a full broadway style dance revue, maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI
>>
>>68157495
>The First Avenger is good, I only liked Iron Man 1, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier and maybe Ant man more
Well that settles that then. Pack it up boys, time to go home.
>>
>>68157655
A trilogy with a good first movie, a great second movie and third movie so bland people only remember it for the memes.
>>
>TFA was bad

weakest of cap movies? maybe. but better than TDKR, IM2, XM3, Spiderman 3.. the weakest of all respective trilogies.
>>
>Avengers movie branded as Cap Movie
Nice meme there fag but no Hulk and Thor
>>
>>68157405
Nolans trilogy was perfect
>>
>implying civil war is not an AVENGERS movie
>>
>>68166987
For you.
>>
>>68167019
But it isn't. Says so right on the title.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.