[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BVS: questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11
File: ah jeez.jpg (84 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
ah jeez.jpg
84 KB, 1460x950
Question dump.

>What the fuck does the opening poem mean?
>What does the desert combat dream mean?
>What where those bug monsters supposed to be?
>What does Dream Supe's line have to do with this movie?
>If the dream is supposed to be prophetic? Is Batman supposed to be psychic?
>Why was the Flash shit also presented as a dream? Why were there papers flying around after BW woke up?
>Why does dream Superman say, “she was my world, and you took her from me” before ripping out dream Batman’s heart, in Batman's dream? Why would Batman's subconscious project Superman's anxiety about Lois that he didn't know about?
>What was the point of Superman's dead dad dream?
>Why does his dream dad contradict the point he made in MOS?

>Why did Senator Burrows agree to get Lex access to Zod's body and the space ship?
>How did a lower-ranking Senator get Lex unlimited, unrestricted, and unmonitored access to a top-secret military base, the spaceship it was built around, and the only extraterrestrial body possessed by the government?
>Why did nobody give a shit that Mark Zuckerberg was continuously visiting and hacking into the ship and mutilating and destroying ET evidence?
>The military commander in charge of the base protecting the ship had no issues with this?
>There were no NASA scientists losing their mind about this billionaire lunatic cutting the fingertips off their only alien specimen and hacking the ship they’d been studying?
>Why was Lex the first person to bother trying to turn on the ship?
>Nobody else thought to use Zod’s fingerprints on the obvious fingerprint scanner after 15 months of research and study?
>Why was the abomination machine on some scout ship?
>Why would it be capable of splicing Kryptonian DNA with random alien DNA?
>How does human and Kryptonian DNA make Doomsday?
>Where is Doomsday's penis?
>>
>>68155309
>Why is Batman the Punisher?
>Why does he kill so belligerently and why is it a plot point that he brands people?
>Why are his bat brands "a death sentence?"
>Does he only brand sex traffickers?
>Why didn't Batman brand Lex?
>Did he use to have the no kill rule and something made him drop it?

>Why did Lex want to kill Superman?
>Why did Lex commit treason and terrorism to give Superman bad PR if he was ultimately planning on killing him?
>How did Lex know that Bruce Wayne was Batman?
>How did he know that Clark Kent was Superman?
>How didn't everyone know that Clark Kent was Superman?
>How did Lex know that Bruce Wayne/Batman had beef with Superman?
>How did Lex know that manipulating Bruce Wayne with mean notes would trigger him?
>Why didn't The World's Greatest Detective investigate who kept sending him mean notes?
>If he knew who Superman was and where he lived, why didn't he just ambush him at his apartment with the Kryptonite?
>Why was kidnapping Supe's mom to make him fight Batman the best thing to do with that information?
>Did Lex know that Supes had threatened Bats about using the Bat Signal? How did he know that the bat signal was a big fuck you to Superman?
>How did Lex know that the bat signal meant that Batman was ready to fight?
>Why did he bother kidnapping Lois and Martha if he knew that Superman had threatened Batman about the signal and Batman lit the signal because he was ready to Fight Night?
>Wouldn't Superman have gone to the signal anyway?
>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Batman killed Superman?
>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Doomsday killed Superman?
>Was he planning on keeping Doomsday?
>How did he know about any the doorbell monster?
>Was Lex the dinger? Was he intending to ding the whole time?
>Why was the bell dinging that "the god is dead?"
>Why wasn't the bell dinging 2 years earlier when nobody knew about the god?
>>
>>68155309
>>68155383

>Why did Batman think that Wonder Woman, the person whose secret identity he figured out after interacting with her the whole movie, was with Superman?
>Why did Wonder Woman travel to gotham to retrieve a digital picture?
>Why was she on that plane?

>Why did MARTHA completely change Batman's mind after 15 months of obsession and hatred and preparing for "the hunt?"
>Why did Superman trust that a human that can't travel at supersonic speeds could find Martha, fistfight the bad guys guarding her, and save her in 10 minutes?
>When did Batman change out of the Supesbuster suit? He managed to pull that off in the 10 minutes he had to find, travel to, and save Martha?
>Why wouldn't KGBeast have just torched her the second he heard a brawl going on in the next room?

>Was there symbolic importance behind the "retrieving the spear" shenanigans?
>Why was there a deep pool of flooded water inside some industrial building?
>Why did Batman leave the spear there? Wouldn't he want to hold on it, given his tendency toward contingency plans?
>Why did Lois throw it in the water?
>How did Lois know to get it back?
>Why bother having the part where Superman almost drowns trying to get it out of the water? How can he fly with it if he can't swim or float in water with it?
>Is this supposed to be a baptism of some kind? What's the significance of him almost drowning?

>Did Morpheus know that Clark Kent was Superman?
>Why did he give Lois a news chopper because she said she had a personal issue?
>How is "people don't read the paper" justification for burying interesting stories for sports score coverage?

>Why is Lois "the key to it all?"
>>
>>68155309
>>68155461
>Why did Luthor have mercenaries in Arica use special bullets that could be traced back to him?
>What was the point of Lois' investigation of the African bullet?
>What was the point of framing/blaming Superman for the shootout in Africa? Was Lex's intent the whole time to trigger a congressional investigation into it that would have Superman called to appear before congress?
>Did Luthor blow up congress because Finch rejected the trade agreement that would allow Luthor to import the Kryptonite that he had already smuggled in?
>Did he do it just to make Superman look like a jabroni?
>If so, would he have still blown them up if Finch endorsed the trade agreement?

>How did Bruce Wayne know that the White Portuguese was smuggling Kyrptonite?
>How didn't BW know that the White Portuguese was a boat?
>How didn't BW know that Lex was involved?
>How did BW know what Kryptonite was or what it did without knowing about Lex's involvement?

>Why did Batman attack the Kryptonite Caravan if all he needed to do was shoot the truck with the tracker and break in later?
>Why did Superman stop Batman from attacking the Caravan?
>Did Superman know that they had Kryptonite?
>If so, why was he cool with Luthor having it?
>If not, why wouldn't he use his super vision to see why Batman was attacking the caravan before stopping him? Was he cool with a bunch of mercs with bazookas and shit driving through the city?
>>
>>68155309
>>What the fuck does the opening poem mean?
To show how jaded Bruce is.
>>What does the desert combat dream mean?
A world wehre Supes went full evil.
>>What where those bug monsters supposed to be?
Parademons. Darkseid's minions.
>>What does Dream Supe's line have to do with this movie?
I don't remember it?
>>If the dream is supposed to be prophetic? Is Batman supposed to be psychic?
Bruce is paranoid about Superman.
>>Why was the Flash shit also presented as a dream? Why were there papers flying around after BW woke up?
Bad editing, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a hook for Justice League.
>>Why does dream Superman say, “she was my world, and you took her from me” before ripping out dream Batman’s heart, in Batman's dream? Why would Batman's subconscious project Superman's anxiety about Lois that he didn't know about?
Bad writing, I guess.
>>What was the point of Superman's dead dad dream? \
To show how even good actions (stoping Zod and the World Engine) have bad consequences (the destruction of most of Metropolis)
>>Why does his dream dad contradict the point he made in MOS?
I don't think it did, personally.
>>
>>68155383
>>Why is Batman the Punisher?
Because "muh gritty miller bats"
>>Why does he kill so belligerently and why is it a plot point that he brands people?
He doesn't intentionally kill (aside from the flamethrower scene), but he doesn't give a shit if he does. It's a plot point because it shows how far he's gone and how brutal he is to criminals.
>>Why are his bat brands "a death sentence?"
>>Does he only brand sex traffickers?
I think it's implied.
>>Did he use to have the no kill rule and something made him drop it?
What made him go hard on criminals was Superman fighting Zod and Robin dying.
>>
You could sum up all those questions with

>Why did I check 4chan every 3 minutes on my smartphone instead of paying attention to the movie?
>>
File: 14885746632.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
14885746632.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>68155309
>>
File: sadman2.png (749 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
sadman2.png
749 KB, 1460x950
>>68155309
heres a pic for u op
>>
>>68155736
>>>Why was the Flash shit also presented as a dream? Why were there papers flying around after BW woke up?
>Bad editing, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a hook for Justice League.
>>>Why does dream Superman say, “she was my world, and you took her from me” before ripping out dream Batman’s heart, in Batman's dream? Why would Batman's subconscious project Superman's anxiety about Lois that he didn't know about?
>Bad writing, I guess.

Speedforce, ain't got to explain shit. You're not supposed to know if it's a dream, alternate reality, future vision, whatever. It's just a surreal scene that's there to show you that Bruce is not that paranoid, and Flash does crazy shit with Speedforce bullshit.
>>
Someday, I'll make the graph connecting the dots for you OP, but today is not that day.
>>
>>68156164
You may be right, but showing Bruce wake up twice back to back doesn't help the scene in any way.
>>
File: confirmed for autism.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for autism.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>68155736
>To show how jaded Bruce is.
Yeah I get the general gist of it, but what exactly does it mean?

>“There was a time above, a time before. There were perfect things, diamond absolutes. Things fall. Things on earth. And what falls, is fallen… In the dream, they took me to the light, a beautiful lie.”
>diamond absolutes
What did he mean by this?
>Things fall. Things on earth.
As opposed to what? Space?
>And what falls, is fallen
What did he mean by this? How did this make it past the first draft?
>In the dream, they took me to the light, a beautiful lie.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGVY-xVaSQ
What light? Who? What does the light represent?

>A world wehre Supes went full evil.
>Parademons. Darkseid's minions.
So is it supposed to be an actual flashforward? Is Bruce psychic?
>I don't remember it?
Yeah I pasted in the wrong order.

>Bad editing, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a hook for Justice League.
Yeah that's clear. Really the only thing that's clear.
>To show how even good actions (stoping Zod and the World Engine) have bad consequences (the destruction of most of Metropolis)
That's interesting. So why wasn't that in the movie that that was relevant to? Is this just Snyder's way of trying to address the audience backlash to the destruction?
>I don't think it did, personally.
I hadn't considered that he was referring to the Zod attack, but the story still seems to rub up against his whole thing about being willing to let others die to protect your own well being. So he saved his own farm, fucking over his neighbors, and he's haunted by it? Why didn't that effect him when he was alive and telling Superman in MOS to essentially "let the neighbors die to save the farm"? Is it just Supes' dream making up a story, or is it supposed to actually be something that happened to his dad?
>>
File: sadfleckbatmanvsuperman.png (747 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
sadfleckbatmanvsuperman.png
747 KB, 1460x950
>>68156136
fixed some things
>>
File: IMG_4074.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2401) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4074.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2401
>>68155891

>He doesn't intentionally kill (aside from the flamethrower scene)
idk, He can't have really expected that shooting a dude with an explosive machine gun turret would just incapacitate him. He definitely kills, on camera, at least 2 dudes in the pointless caravan attack.

>>68155895
I've watched the fuck out of the movie. Took scene by scene notes. I've spent at least 20 hours watching and rewatching the movie over the last few days.
>>
>>68156040
this is autistic as fuck
I bet even the director didn't analyze it this much
>>
File: sicario bad dreams.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
sicario bad dreams.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>68156400
I'd love to see it. Won't hold my breath though.

>>68156164
>Speedforce, ain't got to explain shit.
So we're citing the comics. Sometimes it's supposed to be "kino" that is above comic book shit, and other times you need to have an in-depth understanding about the comic lore of a character who isn't in the movie.

>You're not supposed to know if it's a dream, alternate reality, future vision, whatever.
I mean, clearly. He went out of his way to make the sequence ambiguous. But does being intentionally vague and confusing make it good?

> It's just a surreal scene that's there to show you that Bruce is not that paranoid
Or it could be there to show you that he's having a full-blown psychotic episode. We're just endlessly left to speculate about every fucking thing in the movie.

>>68156040
That doesn't really explain half of the outstanding questions. And even if that dude was right, cramming a movie full of confused allusions, references, and metaphors only works when all that shit is in service to the surface-level narrative. When the characters are constantly doing baffling shit for no motivated reason, it doesn't matter if they're doing it to do an excalibur/Lady of the Water reference or whatever else.

It doesn't matter what the metaphor is when the characters are only working of service of it. Having a random cut in shot of Lois throwing the spear into the water, then having her know to go back based on no evident reason, then having her get stuck, then having Superman save her, then having Superman dive down to get the spear, then having him almost drown, then having Lois pull him out, then having him inexplicably fly why holding something he couldn't swim with is an annoying sequence of events. I don't give a shit it if it was all to set up a "baptism" shot, it was still a frustrating and distracting thing to keep cutting away from the action for.
>>
File: BBC.jpg (56 KB, 621x643) Image search: [Google]
BBC.jpg
56 KB, 621x643
>>68156502

>To show how jaded Bruce is.
>Yeah I get the general gist of it, but what exactly does it mean?
>“There was a time above, a time before. There were perfect things, diamond absolutes. Things fall. Things on earth. And what falls, is fallen… In the dream, they took me to the light, a beautiful lie.”
>diamond absolutes
>What did he mean by this?
>Things fall. Things on earth.
>As opposed to what? Space?
>And what falls, is fallen
>What did he mean by this? How did this make it past the first draft?

Batman is talking about his childhood and his mother's pearls which is something that sticks out when he remembers of his mother and the good times of his childhood:

>“There was a time above, a time before. There were perfect things, diamond absolutes.

He's talking about their death and the despair that has been his life since their death:

>Things fall. Things on earth. And what falls, is fallen…

He's talking about the bats in the cave that gave him a new purpose. He thought that as Batman he could make things right again and be happy somewhat, but that didn't happen so the whole thing was like a lie to him:

There. I don't have time to explain the rest because i have a few things to do, but i want to help you out on this one. Have a good night. It's night here.
>>
>>68157469

>Having a random cut in shot of Lois throwing the spear into the water, then having her know to go back based on no evident reason, then having her get stuck, then having Superman save her, then having Superman dive down to get the spear, then having him almost drown, then having Lois pull him out, then having him inexplicably fly why holding something he couldn't swim with is an annoying sequence of events.

She threw the kryptonite spear in the water because she watched as it cut Superman's face and she didn't seemed to trust Batman after him almost killing Superman.
She came back for the kryptonite spear after witnessing the chaos from afar. In these movies everything super-power related are linked by people to aliens. When Superman asked Batman if Wonder Woman was with him, Batman was surprised because he thought that since she had super-powers Superman must have known thanks to them both being aliens. So when Lois watched and heard the shit going down from afar she deduced the maybe the kryptonite spear could have come in handy.
Superman was weakened when he came to her rescue after hearing her tap underwater because the kryptonite spear had polluted the water with kryptonite energy. You can see that the water is green and very bright.
When he came out of the water he took his time a bit regenerating himself from the water exposure and then flew with the kryptonite spear in hand. He didn't flew so good, though.

I don't know if you'll be happy with my explanations. I just thought this shit when i saw the movie.
>>
>>68157881
>He's talking about their death and the despair that has been his life since their death:
Yeah I get that. It could also be a vague reference to the pre-Superman world and the general theme of downfall and shit.

But what exactly does "a time above" mean? Like above the current time on the good times list? Elevated in his mind above everything else? Space? Why is the first line in this movie THERE WAS A TIME ABOVE?

And what the fuck is a diamond absolute? It's like he was trying to write an intentionally vague poem without really bothering to consider what the neat words he came up with mean? Did he just thesaurus "perfect" and "truth" and throw them in the movie? And if they were perfect truths they wouldn't really change.

>He's talking about the bats in the cave that gave him a new purpose.
Eh.
>And what falls, is fallen.
A: This line is redundant and distracting and stupid.
B: He's implying that you can't go back, and nothing he says indicates or implies anything about purpose or happiness.

So the dream is supposed to be that his dream to do batman shit would "take him to the light?" Who is "they?"

And again, it's a movie about Batman and Superman. It's one thing to open with a symbolic poem, but it's another thing to open with a symbolic poem with hacky word word play and overly-ambiguous metaphors. It's like, "here, solve this fucking puzzle that vaguely relates to the movie you're about to watch."

>>68158221
Yeah I've heard all the justifications for why she went back to the spear, and they're all nice, but they're still entirely head canon. We don't see her reacting to the chaos from afar, we don't see her realize that the monster is probably also Kryptonian, we don't see her deduce a fucking thing. She drops it, Bats realizes they need it, she is on the way back to get it.
>>
File: 1459655473742.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1459655473742.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>What was the point of Superman's dead dad dream?
He didn't die. The tornado blew him into the Himalayas.
>>
>>68157469
I'm currently sitting on 1000 post screencaps and narrating down camrip, scenes transition, dialogue, color, anything that eye can catch. Currently stuck trying to calculate what floor Wayne CEO Jack was at during the 9/11, due to shitty camrip.

Otherwise this is what I have in mind. I'm just incredibly slow about it.
>>
>>68158709

>But what exactly does "a time above" mean?

Above the cave, anon. He's talking a time before he was Batman mingling in the cave with the bats and shit.

>And what the fuck is a diamond absolute?

Diamonds are absolute, dude. Nothing can destroy it. It's the hardest shit on Earth.

>And what falls, is fallen.
>A: This line is redundant and distracting and stupid.
>B: He's implying that you can't go back, and nothing he says indicates or implies anything about purpose or happiness.

His parents and Wayne tower. They fell.

>So the dream is supposed to be that his dream to do batman shit would "take him to the light?" Who is "they?"

They are the bats and the light is the light above the cave, the light of purpose, happiness.

You seem autistic.
>>
A U T I S M
>>
File: 1456212916264.jpg (87 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1456212916264.jpg
87 KB, 800x800
>>68158783
ww wut
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.