[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think after seing the trailer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: rogueone.jpg (37 KB, 845x436) Image search: [Google]
rogueone.jpg
37 KB, 845x436
For me was mmmm ok, but I doesn't feel like if it is a Star Wars movie.

Other reactions:

> Forest Whitaker wtf
> That guy from Ip Man doing martial arts fighting...
> No lightsaber?
> Cool image of the construction of Death Star..
> Another female as a protagonist?? fuck
>>
>>68152006
good looking scale and effects

love the death star and star destroyer clip

lead is cute

based donnie yen and forrest whittiker

will be much better than tfa
>>
>>68152006
The force awakens didnt even feel like a starwars film, just some lab test clone, generally creepy how they managed to hit those rhythms to make it 'appear' as if it was a sequel. This film feels like a cash money grab by corporate america with a few AT-AT's and storm troopers spliced in
>>
The rebel team looks terrible.
>we won't have jedi in this one
>but we will have asian martial arts

The main girl looks fine. She's a better actor than Daisy though, look at The Invisible Woman. I can't wait for the comparisons between this normal person and the special snowflake jedi and how one is a much better character with much better acting than the other.

I do have a dread feeling she'll end up being the big star however, while the most everyone else will end up dead. Movies with such a large main cast usually don't live unless it's capeshit.
Only gripes are the AT-ATs seem too fluid, and they take down some storm troopers by clubbing them in the heads with blasters. Can we not? I'd rather they shoot at one another instead of making the armor look even more useless. Yes, you could stagger them with a blow to the head, but kill or knock them unconscious? Even the bump helmets we have today do a good job preventing that short of a car crash.
Knock the troopers down and shoot them. My autism will be appeased.

Otherwise it looks good enough. It looks to be all battle sequences with bits of drama (in the hitchcock sense) between, like what the prequels should have been with the whole galactic war plot line. I doubt it will be superior to anything from the original trilogy, but I'd be surprised if it's worse than TFA. It might be the first movie to start actually making up for the prequels/TFA.
>>
>>68152061
>will be much better than tfa
lol no it won't
>>
>>68152340
lol yes it will
>>
>>68152362
The recent Godzilla is worse than JJ's worst film.
>>
>>68152444
except it isnt
>>
>>68152006

>Muh diverse cast of side characters
>Muh skinny white bitch pretending to be badass

Shit to be honest familia
>>
>>68152006
screencap this

the girl everyone is calling a mary sue will be the opposite and be BTFO by her own over confidence

also donnie will steal the show
>>
>>68152463
It is. And it's not just that JJ is a better directed who's capable of getting shit actors to give good performances, it's that his tone is better suited to Star Wars than Edwards'.
>>
I liked it. The 'I Rebel' line was cheesy, but the prospect of having a movie focused on the foot soldiers excites me greatly. Dont care much for the jedi. Felicity a cute, so that helps as well. I had hoped to see Forest as a slightly unhinged, authoritative imperial officier though. Would love to see him channel that Idi Amin vibe when he relentlessly persues the rebels.
>>
>>68152444
Trips is truth. That movie is boring. Jap monster movie format doesn't work in the west.
>>
>>68152618
it really isnt

jj's worst are cloverfield if by producing and into darkness by directing, and both of those are much worse, but his best which is MI3 is better
>>
>>68152271
Star Wars has always been a cash grab you fucking retard. Many of the characters in the OT were put in there just to sell toys. This notion that the series was this pure artistic creation that got exploited by Disney is so naive.
>>
>>68152444
You're kidding right? Godzilla is a solid movie, it just isn't the godzilla everyone has heard about and seen before.
It had the same problem Star Wars had where everyone had been told over and over again that Godzilla was this great movie about a monster destroying a city, and everyone had built up these opinions that that's what they'd get out of a Godzilla movie. Problem is, so many people have never seen even one Godzilla movie they had no idea that almost every single one after the first is just a campy b-movie.
You make something different, like TPM, and people are confused and hate it because it's not what they expected. You make reiterative fanservice like TFA, and people love it because it appeases their false nostalgia. Before TFA, all most people knew of Star Wars were the quotes, the prequels, and Family Guy Star Wars. That's what they wanted from TFA and that's what they got.
They wanted the same thing from Godzilla.
If Godzilla had been a transformers-style city-destroying flick, people would have loved it.
Instead, they went for something different, where we don't see the monster for most of the movie because they were trying to build up different ideas. People got confused and hated it. The rest is history.
>>
>>68152328
>>but we will have asian martial arts

How long until the normies get a hold of this movie and Disney has to CGI an alien head over him to not appear racist but not in the chink version of the movie
>>
>>68152656
Into Darkness is a good action movie marred by awkward references to Wrath of Kahn. Change the ending slightly and remove those references, and you have yourself a perfectly watchable space adventure film. That opening especially better represented what an alien world might look like than any planet in TFA did.
>>
>>68152718
>how long until the normies get a hold of this movie
>29 million views on youtube

What the fuck is a "normie" to you?
>>
>>68152006
It has 6 letters and begins with R and ends with T.
>>
Is this a series or a movie
>>
>>68152772
shoo shoo shitposter-san
>>
That shit came out last week, it was 2 minutes of content.

It does not warrant literally 500 threads.

Go shill on reddit you double nigger.
>>
>>68152661
>You make something different, like TPM,
When will this fucking meme end? TPM is as much a copy of ANH as TFA, if not more so. Not only is its plot nearly identical to ANH, but its characters are just younger versions of preexisting characters.
>>
>>68152760

>Thinking 29 mill is a large number of views
>Thinking 90% of those didn't come in the first day

Nobody who doesn't spend 10 hours a day on the internet knows theres another SW movie coming in 8 months
>>
Pro Muslim Propaganda is getting pushed with this one
>>
File: Felicity Jones53.jpg (276 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
Felicity Jones53.jpg
276 KB, 1363x2048
>>68152006
>tfw no pure English rose I rebel gf

Was my first thought.
>>
>>68152006
Its Dark Forces meets Rogue Squadron. Has a lot of potential.

Disney was smart to wipe the EU, because they can take the best parts of it and put it on screen.
>>
File: senator.jpg (41 KB, 847x434) Image search: [Google]
senator.jpg
41 KB, 847x434
Where I have seen her?
>>
>black man is crippled
>yellow man is karate
>white girl forced to accept the help of others

triggered yet??
>>
>>68152006

I honestly think Whitaker signed on for this as an attempt at some sort of karmic redemption for Battlefield Earth.
>>
>>68152921
Why would this bother me?
>>
File: yoda.gif (2 MB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
yoda.gif
2 MB, 500x546
>>68152912
>Disney was smart to wipe the EU
>>
>>68152657
Definitely exploited by disney you fucking dickhead, im not defending their initial motives back in the 70's im just saying there were far less underlying themes going on. The art director for the OT was taking acid at the time, they had no idea that star wars was going to become such a hit. Its pretty naive that you think disney isnt exploiting it like their cash cow that is marvel studios
>>
>>68153086
They were. The EU was a clusterfuck that no one would sort through without loads of money behind it.
Disney is doing that now and picking the usable parts to make new movies out of. Remember: he only said that wiping the EU was a good decision. Everything after that not so.
>>
>>68152006
>> Forest Whitaker wtf
Battle Field Earth anyone? that's what he sounded like.
>>
>>68153086
Ya, because that magical sentient mountain on Endor and Bunny Han Solo were worth keeping around.

It's also probably a business decision, so they wouldnt have to pay royalties if they use a charecter name.
>>
>>68152912
>Rogue Squadron
this is not in the movie
>>
>>68153212
The artisans working on TFA (the art designers, set decorators, model makers, etc.) all clearly felt like they were privileged to work on the film. The notion that they put in minimal effort and cashed out is insulting. And no, TFA is just as thematically rich as the OT.
>>
>>68152006
>For me was mmmm ok
You can even see when someone's from Reddit just by how they type.
Fuck off.
>>
>>68153620
I might of been thinking of x-wing. I know another one of those DOS games had a mission where you steal the death star plans.
>>
>>68152914
Revenge of the Sith deleted scenes with Senator Mothma
>>
>>68152006
/wsg/ loves the alarm

>>>/wsg/1026695
>>
File: deathstar.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
deathstar.webm
1 MB, 800x450
I see to much hate in 4chan for all movies of star wars except the GREAT OLD TRILOGY.

Come on, end that idealized vision please.
>>
>>68154527
>why aren't you adopting these revisionist ideas yet?
>come on it's 2016
>>
I liked how gritty and dirty it looked. TFA looked too clean. It wasn't prequel-level sparkle but it was still too clean.

Chinese guy wearing traditional chinese robes doing chinese martial arts is really wrong for Star Wars though.
>>
>>68152631
I believe Forrest is still a villain though.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.