[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marveldrones will defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Helicarrier_Up-view.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Helicarrier_Up-view.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Marveldrones will defend this
>>
>>68150209

Defend this *grabs dick*
>>
They don't need to defend it. It has point defense canons.
>>
>>68150455
Underrated post.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 331x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 331x199
>captain cucklets will defend this
>>
>>68150209
thats literally one of the better parts
>>
>>68150209

Why can't it be a blimp? Anything trying to land on the flight deck will just get sucked into the lift fans.
>>
>>68150209
Why does it need to fly?
"because it's cool" doesn't count because it's not really actually cool
>>
File: 23894.jpg (26 KB, 322x209) Image search: [Google]
23894.jpg
26 KB, 322x209
>DCucks will defend this
>>
>>68150209
What am I supposed to be defending exactly?
>>
>>68152614
I guess that the design is impractical?

>>68152510
Improved tactical positioning and vehicle deployment capabilities.
>>
>>68152954
>impractical
It's impossible. An aircraft carrier that size weighs 100,000 tons. Those thrusters aren't even close to being big enough to lift it. And the minimal tactical benefits of a flying carrier would be hugely outweighed by the costs of trying to get it to fly.
>>
>>68153750
>It's impossible

So is quite a bit of what we see in movies, especially capeshit. This type of fiction basically requires a large suspension of disbelief to enjoy. Capeshit isn't trying to be high-brow sci-fi, it's just capeshit, whether it be Marvel or DC.
>>
>>68154010
I'm not saying it ruins the movie, I'm just saying it's a stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>68153750
>It's impossible.
Considering how everything else is 100% possible I concur that they really dropped the ball with this.
>>
>>68153750
Not to mention that all it ever does is provide the "oh shit! The helicarrier just crashed" moments so the plebs know shit just got real.
>>
>>68154449
Hey now, it also served as the deus ex machina rescue device once or twice.
>>
Weren't all the quinjets vertical takeoff/landing? What's the point of the runways?
>>
>>68150209
FUN
>>
Weren't their like 100 of these things in Winter Soldier, just laying around in a facility? I thought this was like, one of a kind.
>>
>>68155687
Just the three I think
>>
>>68153750
>it's impossible
>in a movie featuring a norse god with a magic hammer, a guy who gets huge and green when he gets mad, an unfrozen WWII supersoldier, and a billionaire who makes a flying suit full of weapons for him to fight crime in
>>
Anyone have that webm of Age of Quiptron where the robots turn into jet engines and fly away with a truck? It sums up everything wrong with the MCU.
>>
>>68152568
This is a hilarious indicator of just how shitty people's tastes have become.

BvS actually took some risks and was pretty unique in the genre. Marvel shit, though enjoyable, is absolutely generic and safe as fuck.
>>
>>68154048
But they've been around in the comics at least 30 years so why are you bitching now?
>>
>>68155921
Inb4
>NOT CANON
>EUFAG
>>>/CO/
>>
File: carrier.png (241 KB, 640x385) Image search: [Google]
carrier.png
241 KB, 640x385
>>68150209

Flying carriers are awesome.
>>
>>68155920
>making a movie about Batman and Superman
>risky
Nah man, BvS was safe as fuck, and they still fucked it up.
>>
>>68155920
>BvS actually took some risks and was pretty unique in the genre

It was just a rushed Avengers movie with a heavier tone.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.