[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reviews are out for Captain America. Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: dc on suicide watch.jpg (439 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
dc on suicide watch.jpg
439 KB, 1360x768
Reviews are out for Captain America.
Thoughts?
>>
>another MCuck buttblasted at the fact that all people want to talk about is DC Kino while ignoring Marvel's assembly line capeshit
>>
>>68150148

Is this the new Damage Control? I can't keep up with how quickly the narrative changes around BvS.
>>
>>68150415
It still has people pretending that it's good but 2deep4u, not much has changed.
>>
File: 1460319205411.png (291 KB, 1996x708) Image search: [Google]
1460319205411.png
291 KB, 1996x708
>>
This is just going to be like another episode of legends of tomorrow
>>
Remember when /tv/ hated capeshit except for some exceptions like dark Knight and daredevil (2015)?
I'm actually sure /tv/ was in unison over the fact that movies like Thor, Hulk, Avengers 1 and 2 all suck major ass, but yet now everyone acts like Marvel movies are so good (???) reddit Newfags please go
>>
>>68150930
Everybody over the age of 20 has left, long time ago. You either come to this site so you can shitpost in this capeshit playground or to die a little with each new Star Wars thread.
>>
File: 1459618254990.png (198 KB, 1136x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459618254990.png
198 KB, 1136x1285
>>68150415
>>68150479

Before the release of BvS
>It will be the Dawn of Capekino.
>Marvel is going to get BTFO.
>"It will be a philosophical political drama that explores mankind's need for hope and the dangers of absolute power".
>Zack Snyder will deliver... In Zack Snyder we trust.
>People loved it, received a standing ovation.
>It's being called the next Dark Knight
>Literally EVERYONE loved it!

After the release of BvS
>Critics don't matter, they're paid off by marvel and/or just have a skewed view since they're so used to Marvel movies they can't appreciate true CAPEKINO!
>Just look at the user score, fans obviously love the movie.
>Citizen Kane and 2001 also had mixed reviews when they came out!
>Its deeper and smarter than people think, too much for Marvel fans.

After 1 week of the release of BvS
>Reviews don't matter, fans love it and it will still beat out Avengers.
>It will still beat out Ironman 3.
>Its going to break a billion.
>I-its making more than Ant-Man and Captain America, g-guys.
>Avatar had a slow build up too!
>People just don't understand the genius of this film.
>It came out on Easter Weekend, g-guys that's why there's an 81% drop off in Box Office numbers. It doesn't mean anything!
>Suicide Squad will turn things around, g-guys I p-promise!
>It takes multiple viewings to really get the underlying theme guys and symbolism of this """"""""film"""""""
>Its broke even guys, don't believe otherwise even when presented with multiple sources
>In time people will come to appreciate the true genious of this movie.
>*Insert 9 Post Copypasta describing how deep BvS really is*
>If you don't like how Superman and/or Batman are portrayed, you're playing in to what Snyder tried to do all along.

Here you go, I've been compiling a list of the excuses and goalpost moving that DCucks have been doing for the past weeks. It's really pathetic the lengths they'll go to defending their movie. When most Marvel fans can admit that AoU, Thor 2 and IM2 sucked.
>>
>>68151490
>im so insecure about my opinions that i compile thoughts of people i dont like and take them out of context for weeks on end
autism levels are off the charts
>>
>>68151626
>being this angry over the DCuck narrative being dissected
>>68151490
Good work anon, fucking saved.
>>
Just got back from a screening. I'll say this, it was fun. Just laugh after laugh, clear, easy to follow. Nothing too challenging or confusing. Unlike another superhero film, wink wink.
>>
>its called captain america
>not avengers 3

what the fuck
>>
>>68151240
truest words have never been spoken.
>>
>>68151626

Its like a game to me to be honest, have to do something when all you have are capeshit threads all around. Plus, the circle jerks that DC fans often get going is just obnoxious.

>>68151682

It is a fun movie to be honest, I liked it. It could have been way better though, but honestly to say that the movie has depth like most DC fans preach is just non-sense. I took it for what it was, I enjoyed Batman's portrayal and how he interacted with other characters. I even enjoyed the second act which was nothing but glorified explosions and CGI.
>>
It's very clear Disney owns the review industry.
>>
I'm a fan of the Captain America movies but it's blatantly obvious those are paid reviews. Civil War is based off the comics and among comic fans it's considered the lowest part in the series. Sorry but I have to stay cautious this time around.
>>
>>68151997
With how many ppl disney constantly needs to "pay off" its a wonder they still make so much profits
>>
>>68151997
There was a reviewer telling everyone to toss the comic because the movie is not like it.
>>
File: 1458726303070.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458726303070.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>68151626
>>
>Infantile children obsessing over reviews
>Infantile manchildren obsessing over which costumed-heroshit franchise is "better"
>Children on this board actually watch and enjoy these movies aimed at 12 year olds

I want cape-posting to go and stay go. Grow up.
>>
>>68150051

Its looking good to be honest. Except for the dumb Airport running to each other mashup(Was it confirmed that its only for the trailers?), its looking like a pretty solid movie. It probably won't earn any awards, but it will please the fans and give them what they want. Which is what Marvel does best, they're essentially comic book movies with comic book plots that don't try to deviate from what is essentially a children's tale for escapism purposes.

I'd rather have that, than superhero movies that try so hard to be accepted as adult material with deep subjects. If I want that there are plenty of other movies that do it better.
>>
>>68152168
at this point marvel could show a still of a turd for 2 hours and it would be lauded as being an experimental masterpiece

The quality of marvel movies doesn't matter, even if the movie is subpar it will get favourable reviews at the very least due to disney's aggressive campaign of portraying themselves as a 'caring' or 'human corporation who's out to create movies for the fans etc.
Emotional attachment to a multi billion dollar company is a frightening thing
>>
>>68151678
>im compiling DCuck posts jk im just dissecting them :)
>>
File: skits.jpg (72 KB, 748x313) Image search: [Google]
skits.jpg
72 KB, 748x313
>>68150051
all i see are skittles
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.