[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man has superhuman strength. A single kick or punch could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 17
File: 9440328_orig.jpg (162 KB, 900x491) Image search: [Google]
9440328_orig.jpg
162 KB, 900x491
Spider-Man has superhuman strength. A single kick or punch could shatter every bone and destroy every organ of an ordinary human being.
Why is Doc Ock such a challenge to him all of a sudden? Yeah the guy has indestructible robotic arms but he's still a man. A fat man, I might add. He would have been on the ground after 5 seconds of fight.

Raimi is such a fucking hack.
Can't believe people loved this flick.
>>
He doesn't.
>>
>>68150016
Who? What?
>>
He holds back. Peter would drink himself to death if he ever accidently killed someone
>>
>>68149973
He's just really strong. He can't flip cars with his fists like Superman. He's like Batman without the hard work.
>>
>>68150149
He can literally pick up cars over his head. He is super stronk.
>>
>>68150149
He can lift like 10 tons. Batman would get his shit rocked by Spidey kek
>>
>>68150299
Not if Batman had 2 weeks prep time.
>>
he pulls his punches.
>>
>>68150357
>implying his spidey sense would let him walk into a trap E V E R

Have a gold star for trying
>>
Peter holds back. Alot. When you're capable of lifting ten tons--or fifteen when you're pissed--you have to really take it easy. Explains why most of his villains go the distance to, like, not be hit be tagged by him since a single punch will rock their shit.
>>
>>68150357
Batman could beat anyone with 2 weeks prep time he could have solo'd Doomsday in BvS if he kept his kryptonite spear around
>>
>>68150516
>>68150071
WHY HOLDING BACK AGAINST SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO KILL YOU?!?
>>
>>68150149
He can actually lift a metro car in comics, 33 tons, and recently even stopped a plane holding 75 tons over his head, he's by every definition, superstrong. Superman is absurdly strong, he can lift several times the weight of Earth, yeah, ridiculous strong but that doesn't mean Spider-man isn't also strong.
>>
>>68149973

It's kind of implied the robotic core and spinal tap keep Dr Octopus conscious after Spidey's punches would have K0 'd a normal man.
>>
File: Just 10 tons bro.jpg (79 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
Just 10 tons bro.jpg
79 KB, 391x600
>>68150299
>>
That's bullshit, there's no way he held back with those punches to Ocks face after he tried to kill Aunt May. They should have thrown some shit in to the plot to make Ock something more than just a fat man with robot arms, because he would have been dead after one punch to the face from Spidey
>>
>>68150357
Batman grabs gwen stacys corpse and whittles it into a spear
>>
>>68150149
>He can't flip cars with his fists like Superman.
>forgetting the time he threw an entire jeep at a nigga for shooting his aunt
>>
>>68150584
Because it's more important to him than killing someone. Peter is a fundamentally good guy, he won't survive the thought of killing someone.

Harm his loved one though, and he'll destroy you. Kingpin learned this the hard way when he threatened aunt May. Not often do you see Kingpin a bloodied mess.
>>
>>68149973
Im pretty sure in the comics doc ock is aware of this. Spiderman usually isnt allowed close to his body. Keeps him at bay with his tentacles. Most fights end when spiderman gets past them for a punch
>>
>>68150799
god I hate this trope
>hurr you can threaten/hurt me but don't you dare threaten/hurt my loved ones
>>
>>68150925
really? i think it's common. when I changed schools in elementary i got bullied but i endured it. when my sis joined it as well and she was getting some flak as well (it was kind of a bad neighbourhood) i floored the kids.
>>
>>68150925
Its his thing though. He was raised by his aunt and uncle. His uncle dies by something that he is partially to blame for, and in his dying breath charges him to always use his power for good.

Its not an ironclad batman kind of thing, but its the basic motivation for him being a super hero.
>>
>>68150925
With Spidey it's quite justified. Though the valour thing does get weary in capeshit.
>>
>>68149973

There is one comic where doc oc is at a doctor going through all his crippling injuries done by spiderman.

Once spidey lands a punch he usually fucks over doc pretty hard for months of painful rehabilitation and permanent damage.
>>
Because the arms are strong and fast too, ideally he wouldnt get punched. And that works in a format where he is a minor thread or has a larger scheme but not in a movie with a three act structure where he is the main threat physically and has to actually fight Spider-Man.
>>
>>68150925
Is this a joke? this is something 99% of humans do, at least those that aren't psychos.
>>
File: 1449345931808.jpg (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449345931808.jpg
19 KB, 499x499
>>68151537
>this is something 99% of humans do
no my friend, they don't
>>
File: He dodged a sniper at 30 ft .jpg (285 KB, 1234x1920) Image search: [Google]
He dodged a sniper at 30 ft .jpg
285 KB, 1234x1920
>>68150774
>He not only threw a jeep 2 blocks away
>He also got there before the jeep landed
Spider-man angry is scary
>>
>>68150925
Don't fucking talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>68151741
>not my wife's son
ya blew it
>>
File: Spider-man is so weak, right.jpg (206 KB, 600x945) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man is so weak, right.jpg
206 KB, 600x945
Of course he's not Superman, but he's a heavylifter.
>>
>>68150925

Not a trope. Most people agree with this behavior.
>>
>>68150357
What if Spider-man also had two weeks prep time? What if Jimmy Olsen had three years to prepare to kill Cyborg? This argument makes no sense, you give any character an infinite amount of time and resource to prepare of course they'll always win.
>>
>>68150543

Not spidey.

Peters greatest power is his spider sense. He keeps that power to himself. I believe he's only ever told Mary Jane about it.

Batman could set up the most ingenious trap to catch spiderman, but once spiderman arrives he would instantly see it all coming and get away.

Batman operates efficiently based on the element of surprise. Spidermans spider sense is the "anti-surprise" power. Spiderman would absolutely wreck batman unless batman somehow knew about spider sense and could somehow find a way to counter it.
>>
>>68152059
Wasn't the Venom symbiote immune to the spider sense?
>>
>>68152135
I remember that he is immune in the 90s show. But I dont know about the comics.
>>
>>68149973
Doctor Octopus' tentacles wouldn't easily let him near him.

You see, those tentacles have a primal reaction time that could rival spider-sense when Doc's alert.
>>
>>68150149
I recall one comic I had the dude held up an entire skyscraper support beam on the bottom floor while everyone evacuated. Spiderman is strong as shit
>>
>>68152327
Can't you just snipe him though? Or is his reaction time faster than a supersonic .50 cal round?
>>
>>68152408
They think independently to him.
So if they can sense the gun nearby, they could react to it.

At least, movieverse Doc Ock tentacles probably could.

I think, if anything, Doc's conciousness probably holds the tentacles back from their true potential. He overrides their judgement from time to time.
>>
>>68152135
What does this contribute to the conversation?
>>
>>68152514
If Venom figured out how to nullify the spider-sense so can Batman
>>
>>68152514
Well if so, than symbiote infused batman would beat spiderman.
>>
>>68152706
He know how spider-sense work beacuse he was in peter first. Batman cant beat spiderman.
>>
>>68150357
Spider-Man still takes it
>>
>>68152135
How the fuck are you immune to someone else sensing you?
>>
>>68153080
Because the symbiote is a parasite, and Spider-man was it host for a lont time, eventually the symbiote gained some kind of immunity to the spider-sense.
>>
>>68152898
>>68150453
Nothing can beat Batman in a superhero vs superhero setting with two weeks prep time. His plot armor in this specific circumstance is unbeatable.
>>
>>68153221
Quit shilling for Batman. He sucks dude. Spiderman could literally punch his head off if he wanted, but he's a good guy and doesn't even like hurting people
>>
>>68152004
>>68151537
>>68151042
No, MOST people don't let themselves get pushed around any more than they let it happen to their loved ones
>>
>>68153080
Daredevil would like to know this too.
>>
when doc ock takes over spider-man's body, he says that peter has always been holding back
>pic related

capeshit does this all the time though, superman literally could have killed batman in one punch. Though I wish it did so i didn't have to waste three hours of my life watching ten minutes of fighting.
>>
>>68150584
That's behavior bordering on cliche. Most people will be mild mannered until their family or loved ones become involved. Then threats of blood letting happen and someone winds up not being able to walk away from the encounter. People have killed over pets. People have been killed or jailed over their children being verbally threatened. Shit like that is going to be plentiful in fantasy stories.

>>68150584
Because the second Spider-Man goes HAM and puts one of them in the hospital or in the fucking ground it's over. He'd be hounded as a criminal and have to do time.
>>
File: parker.jpg (74 KB, 499x255) Image search: [Google]
parker.jpg
74 KB, 499x255
>>68153437
forgot pic
>>
>>68150357
>>68150299
Batman would beat the shit outta Spiderman, are you kidding me? Batman is super fucking smart and prepared for anything. He trained his entire life and made himself a superhero out of his own will.
Spiderman is a fuckin teenager with a bug bite.
>>
>>68153208
I think it might have something to do with it being in-tune to spidey's mental frequency that let's him detect danger. (It's learned and felt it through the bonding process)

Venom essentially signal jams his Spider sense and slips on through undetected.
>>
It's probably because it's a movie made for children.
>>
>>68152706
Tony Stark had developed a thing in his suit that fools Spider-Man's spider-sense. Peter will think a threat is coming from below or behind and nothing is there. Then Tony will rocket-punch him in the god damn face and put him down.

If Tony could develop something like that it's a safe bet that Bruce could--provided he discovered Peter actually had limited precognition.
>>
>>68153561
Bruce can just buy the Daily Planet and make Peter's unemployed, evicted, broke life a living hell.
>>
>>68150071
Movie Spider-Man had already killed someone at this point though
>>
>>68153561
Tony did this after he gave Peter a techy suit who he wore for a long time which basically mapped his brain, he also have known Peter for a looooong time, so he knows about the Spider-sense, I don't thing Bruce is going to be able to make Peter wear a costume for that long.
>>
>>68153610
Current Peter Parker is running Parker Industries and is richier than Tony Stark.

>Daily Planet
Buggle
Also it's been a long time since Peter worked there
>>
>>68153687
He would just find another way cuz batman.
>>
>>68153437
>superman literally could have killed batman in one punch
Eh. It's hard to say. Snyder's Superman seems a bit nerfed. Most super-superheroes are in capeshit. But that's good. Comics are the worst thing to ever happen to comic book characters; Superman isn't even a character at this point. He's just a force, His character is: Nuh-uh I'm more powerful
I loved BvS simply because Supes got his ass handed to him and for an instant, he became a character and not a narrative embodiment of Asperger's syndrome
>>
>>68150584
Fair amount of the people he has to deal with are fundamentally still human inside, even the D-list perps of the week, like fucking Slide and Slide 2.0, are shitheels just trying to get by or work through inner demons.
The four person degeneracy party that made him did not raise a killer. Gwen Stacy, non-robot/clone/whore, didn't leave a lifelong hole in his heart just for him to become a killer.
>>
>>68153492
Batman is a better fighter but Spiderman is faster and basically untouchable. If batman were to disorient him with gas or something he has a chance, but a 1v1 Spidey would win any day of the week.
>>
>>68151662
Uhhhh kek? Yeah they do
>>
>>68153747
Tony's system didn't work for long though, it only gave him round 1.
>>
>>68153854
Spider-man could spin a diving helmet out of his web fluid, he can probably handle gas attacks.
>>
>>68153854
This.
Spiderman's super-human agility, and adaptability in battle would overwhelm batman regardless of his skill.
Plus Spidey would make an off-hand joke about how he grooms young boys to become "Robins" and fucking trigger him hard.

Spider-man doesn't really tap into his strength. He focuses on heightening his other abilities since those could limit him more in the long-run.
>>
>>68151662
>>68153870
Many people will never have the face the situation of putting themselves in danger before their families. If it came down to it, I would say 90% of people would do this. Still pretty high, though.
>>
>>68153778
With a little push he sent Bruce 50 meters away, imagine with a full swing.
>>
>>68153854
Spidey fights Super Martial Artists who throw gas at him like five days a week, Batman gets his shit clocked in by a mutant bug man exactly once, the second he tries to fuck with your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
>>
>>68153985
Just remember how completely outgunned and useless Batman became the second Doomsday appeared. Even in the film, Superman was holding back to not kill the dumb fuck the entire time.
>>
Batman outran the flash
Batman beat two full powered kryptonians using only martial arts
Batman beat the whole justice league at the same time in several occasions
Batman beat the Hulk with a single kick in the stomach once
Batman survived being punched by Darkseid and the reentry in the atmosphere from these punches

He can beat Spider-man
>>
>>68153610

He'd be more sneaky than that. He could buy his apartment, FIX THE FUCKING DOOR BECAUSE THAT KIKE NEVER BOTHERED making Peter feel more relaxed and susceptible to being blindsided.
>>
Batman is EXTREMELY overrated, there's no way he could beat Spiderman, Superman, etc.

Yeah, the idea behind a man with superb fighting skills and peak human strenth is entertaining, but when you're putting that up against a God that has unlimited strength or a man impossible to touch with enough power to send the Hulk to space, it becomes laughable.
>>
>>68150584
>>68150584
Street level super heroes are essentially glorified police officers; he has an immense amount of capability to avoid ever being killed himself, and prevent others from being killed, apprehend criminals so that's what he does. He believes in Democracy, a right to a trial and the people's ability to ensure justice is enforced. Barbaric foreigners will never understand this.
>>
>>68154098
This is why batman is the worst hero. At least superman is supposed to overpowered, Batman wins fights through pure fanservice
>>
>>68154098
>what is canon
>>
>>68153732
Guh, right. Planet's where the other idiot worked (which Bruce also bought)

>Current Peter Parker is running Parker Industries and is richier than Tony Stark.
Peter went far in life
>>
Spiderman is basically daredevil with superstrength and less angst.

Peter Parkers the best hero because he actually reacts to things like a normal human would and does things that you could picture a real human doing if they ever became a superhero.

Its why him, Luke Cage and other pleb heros are usually better
>>
>>68154315
Wasn't really peter though, it was doc ock in peter's body. Put him through school and created an immensely successful business. RIP in peace in peace Spock
>>
>>68154098
the difference is, he does all that with ridiculous amounts of preptime, and often by blatantly ignoring all the physical rules of these fictional universes. While each of these characters could just turn him into a fine red mist just by looking too hard at him.
And yet, they never do...in fact, they are his only friends, even though he constantly attacks and plots against them. They're pretty much just keeping this insane, violent asshole in check.
>>
>>68154376
>Wasn't really peter though, it was doc ock in peter's body
It kinda was Peter though, he was working at Horizon Labs and got tons of inventions and shit, Ock just used that as leverage to promote himself.
>>
>>68150774
fuck you greasy spic beaner wetback taco garbage, get off my board mestizo trash, hang yourself sweaty burrito faggot
>>
>>68154125
But Spidey could just climb up Bruce' office tower and put his privates on the glass during all board meetings.
Or shoot fotos of Bruce and his young "ward" undressing on untimely occasions.
Or build a gizmo that fucks with his bats' sonar and makes them shit guano all over his Bat stuff.
Or solve all the crime in Gotham before Batman can do it.
Or help design a prison without a revolving door while he's at it!
He could probably even find a way to guilt him into taking care of Aunt may for a week or so!
>>
>>68154659
>He could probably even find a way to guilt him into taking care of Aunt may for a week or so!

>Use Uncle Ben as leverage when comparing him to Bruce's parents
>This could have been helpful after Aunt May got shot and the shit events OMD never would have happened.
>>
>>68154178
>Superman is supposed to be overpowered
>implying he isn't overpowered through pure fanservice
>>
>>68154752
No he supposed to be over powered because he is THE original super hero. The SUPER man that can do anything. He is by definition broken.
>>
>>68154752
Batman and Superman are both shitty, plain, overrated anyway. The same people that like them are the same people that pick Mario or Todd in Mario Kart
>>
>>68154752
No, he was created as a overpowered alien
Batman was created as a detective, but due pure fanservice he became this countermeassure plotarmor driven force known as Batgod.
>>
>>68154752
Literally all of his plotlines are based around how he's the strongest guy ever and he either needs to control himself to not murder things by accident, or people don't trust him not to murder things by accident.

Superman literally wrote the trope of "If I kill them I'm just like them"

I never said he was good, just slightly better than batman. Superman and Batman are the worst members of JLU
>>
File: 1459821295762.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1459821295762.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>68154752

>>68154855
>>68154866
>>68154882
>>68154979

Either gr8b8m8 or shut the fuck down
>>
>>68154752
the more overpowered Superman gets, the better are his stories
>>
Who is on par with Spider-Man that can actually defeat him? Assuming this is older, more experienced Spidey, could he beat Captain America?
>>
>manchildren discussions
>>
File: Spider-Man270.jpg (859 KB, 800x1223) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man270.jpg
859 KB, 800x1223
Spider-Man doesn't typically use his super strength so he doesn't kill people, but he's probably the strongest street-level MCU character when it matters.

He beat down a Herald of Galactus in a fist fight back when he had the symbiote. That's some fucking Thor-level heavy hitting.
>>
>>68155149
This is a man-child site. Come off your high horse
>>
>>68155149
>on 4chan
>not a man child
pick one
>>
>>68155032
None of then addressed my point. Any time a flaw is discovered in Superman it's just changed in canon. He isn't even weak to Kryptonite anymore for fucks sake. Tell me that's not fanservice

>>68155036
Pls be bait. Powercreep has never made anything better
>>
>>68155137

Reality warpers. Aka, the most OP characters in the Marvel Universe.

So we're talking supers like: Scarlet Witch, Proteus, Franklin Richards, Mephisto, and Galactus for a few examples.
>>
>>68155137
Cap lost once and backed out another time. Spidey is stronger and faster and has like 20ft vertical. Cap usually isn't that OP since he's supposed to be the optimal human instead of superstrength
>>
>>68155149

thanks chad, i'm glad you took time away from your busy schedule of fucking chicks and racing cars to tell it like it is
>>
>>68149973
>MUH POWER LEVELS
>>
>>68154393
Actually nothing that I posted had preptime
>He outran the flash
He simply did, he reacted faster and moved faster than flash
>He beat two kryptonians
He just used martial arts and pressure points, no preptime there
>He beat the whole justice league
I remember at least once where he beat them just using what he has in his belt and martial arts.
First took Wondy with one punch in the face
Then flash with one smoke grenade and a kick
Then grappled Aquaman and used him as a shield against GL
Then grabbed Jhonz and threw him against GL
Superman wasn't there
>He beat hulk with a single kick
He just did that, smoke grenade and single kick in the stomach, no preptime, also it was the first time he saw Hulk in his life (crossover)
>He survived being punched by Darkseid and reentering the Atmosphere
No preptime again beyond kevlar costume, he just did
>>
File: train.jpg (75 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
75 KB, 1000x675
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>68155137

Mid 20s Pete beat cap in a 1v1 with stark tech suit.

Without it, Idk. I want to give it to spidey because while caps agility may be almost on par, spidey has his webbing which can disarm cap and intercept a shield throw.

Then it's just a matter of letting his spider sense avoid harm and wear him down.
>>
>implying Spider-man would punch himself full force

Also implying Doc Ock was not the best Spider-man.
>>
>>68150774
I love the what if version of back in black.
>>
>>68155333
while all true its still noncanon bullshit
>Batman can casually move and react faster than a man who can literally move faster than the speed of light and step into other timelines
>>
>>68155425
Superior was refrexing and I enjoyed every minute of it, but he wasn't the best Spider-man, he was a humongous cunt
>>
>>68155505
He has a nice "loli"
>>
>>68155491
>non canon
You mean pre-flashpoint?
Only the Hulk thing is non canon, everything else is.
>>
>>68155544
she wasn't a nice loli she was an annoying midget.

>doc is a genius, has peter's good looks, strength, and money
>dates that
>>
>>68155579
show me in which canon comic batman moves faster than the man who can run faster than 12 attoseconds
>>
I like how Batfags give Bruce a retarded amount of preptime to beat someone but don't give the same for his opponent. Yes no shit Batman can beat someone if you make it stupidly one sided. If they were both bloodlusted and ran into each other while patroling Spider-Man would punch a hole through Batman's chest
>>
>>68155608
He dated Aunt May for a long fucking time. You think he gives a shit about looks?
>>
>>68155149
this has to be b8
i mean you know youre on a anime image sharing site right?

this site was made for childish adults in mind

who like anime lmao
>>
>>68150453
iron man literally takes advantage of his spidey sense in a fight with him
>>
>>68155661
Batman could sneak away into the shadows and live off the rats in the alleys while constructing a makeshift spider bomb
>>
>>68155251
Go read some fucking superman comics then you fucker, we're not gonna do it for you.
If you can't wrap your head around the fact that not all stories have to be about some dude beating up some other dude real hard, and that that's both the worst kind of Batman AND Superman, stick with some Liefeld or Crazy Old Man Miller. Sherlock Holmes is a pretty one-dimensional character, but he didn't have to beat up Dracula for a couple hundred issues for them both to be well remembered.

The only reason Batkids want Superman nerfed is because otherwise Batman becomes a fucking embarassment every time he's with the Justice League.
>>
>>68155733
Thanks to the suit that Stark gave him
>>
>>68155733
Iron-man gave him a costume he wore for months.
That costume mapped his brain.
Then he built a countermeassure that worked once and that's it.

And all of that because Tony is a cunt who lies to his friends, also Tony knew about the spider-sense because he have known Peter for a long time and Peter told him about it.

There's no fucking way Bruce can come up with something like that in 2 weeks.
>>
>>68155839
You know this kind of joke can get you banned, right?
>>
>>68155888
>implying /tv/ has janitors
>>
>>68155834
Don't bother Batfags can't understand the idea of Batman being on even ground with someone
It has to be "X has no idea that Batman has been planning for months how to beat him"
If Batman is still your favorite superhero post 18 years old you're probably mentally+emotionally stunted
>>
File: cal.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cal.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Who is the weakest, semi-popular superhero/villain?
>>
>>68155839
>This window will close in 3 seconds...
>>
>>68155333
>>68155491
Yeah, when Superman gets hit by a fucking nuclear blast, it doesn't activate his pressure points, it doesn't give him sunburn, and it doesn't fucking tickle. The same goes for the Hulk. Canon and continuity is fucked as it is anyway, and everybody picks what they like, I get it. But why pick the dumbest shit, that barely makes sense in the confines of a single page? Have you ever heard anybody describe the Hulk as the kind of guy who gets taken out by a kick to the stomach from a CEO?
>>
>>68156016
Daredevil probably
>>
>>68154087

Yes. His plan was to get Bruce's help in saving Martha. But there were one or two points where he might have blasted every part of Bruce but the head, if it weren't for the kryptonite gas.

The Bat's plan was to take advantage of Superman's apparent desire to maintain good PR in order to lull him into a false sense of confidence. The ineffective attacks at the start were deliberate, so was allowing Superman to push him.

The rate at which the kryptonite gas wore off was not known, and surprised Batman (he was only half playing when he backed away from the restored Superman).
>>
>>68156016
How semi-popular we talking here?
>>
>>68149973
Peter Parker isnt a monster like Man of Steel Superman
>>
>>68153977
>>68153975
>>68153854

You guys are fucking cucks
>>
>>68156067
Like somewhere in between normie tier and autist tier. Like stop at the Mysterio level
>>
>>68156016
Green Goblin, The Rhino, Captain Cold and any of his crew. Also every Batman villian short of 4u and Ra'as
>>
>>68152031
>What if Spider-man also had two weeks prep time?
Spider isnt multimillionaire, cleverminded, genious.
>>
>>68155661
Just imagine how bad Batman would look if any of these other guys pulled that shit on him. Just zoom in with super speed and beat the shit outta him for a couple of days. Prep time and sneak attacks don't sound like that much fun all of a sudden.
>>
>>68156044
The pressure points shit was in New Krypton/War of the Supermen arch, Batman beat two heavily trained and yellow sun powered Kryptonian soldiers using only martial arts before they didn't even feel cannons, missiles and shit, that comic is still canon, pre-flashpoint though, but canon.
>>
>>68156147
It's like you haven't read any of Slott's run
Maybe not millionaire but he had limitless resources at his disposal thanks to his job
>>
>>68156147
Actually he is all of those things
>>
>>68156094
keep jacking off your shitty flawed hero, senpai
>>
>>68156087
/thread
>>
>>68156147
>Spider isnt multimillionaire, cleverminded, genious.
...is this a joke? because he always have been a fucking genius, Spider-man has been using preptime since the fucking 60s, Batman started using it in the 80s-90s, and now she's filthy rich, like richer than Iron man.
>>
>>68153610
>Daily Planet
He owns that. Its subsidiary of wayne enterprise. Clark works there

lol
>>
>>68156147
Have you actually read any of the comics? He's all of those things and more.
>>
File: Spiderman-2.jpg (98 KB, 550x229) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman-2.jpg
98 KB, 550x229
>>68150149

>literally STOPS A TRAIN in this movie
>nah he's just only like batman
>>
>>68156016
The Riddler seems like a pencil neck nerd.
>>
>>68156179
I wish DC would do a run where every issue was a different hero absolutely shitting on Batman in super embarrassing and belittling ways
>>
>>68156297
The train didn't have enough prep time
>>
>>68156016
Gobblepot
>>
>>68156063
Yes, we're moving in circles here...sure, Batfleck's plan would have worked out if not for Lois Lane and dual Martha's, but the point being argued was IF Superman could have just killed for most of the fight, maybe even at the end.
I only argued that he apparently could have, that's all. The fight made sense in the way it worked out, it was just that the characters and their motivations going in were pretty dumb.

Still, Batman was saved by plot armor, because even in this, Superman could have kicked his ass the entire time, except for about five minutes where he almost let the asshole kill him for no reason.
>>
>>68156213
>>68156230
>>68156281
>>68156291
What does he do, to get the money?
>>
File: Lldbt4X.jpg (380 KB, 1321x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lldbt4X.jpg
380 KB, 1321x1000
>>68156468
>>
If Spiderman is so strong why can't he fix his own door?
>>
>>68156469
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Parker_Industries_(Earth-616)
>>
File: Parker-Industries.jpg (311 KB, 575x873) Image search: [Google]
Parker-Industries.jpg
311 KB, 575x873
>>68156469
Right now? pic related
>>
>>68156469
Parker Industries created by Otto when he took over parkers body
>>
File: 1448314296858.jpg (187 KB, 1024x722) Image search: [Google]
1448314296858.jpg
187 KB, 1024x722
>>68156570
Jesus parker looks like something out of those threads in /v/
>>
>>68156044
Doesn't getting nuked hurt Superman like a motherfucker?

Like having a nuke go off in his face is about as potentially deadly to him as getting shot in the guy is to a regular person?
>>
>>68156192
It's still hella dumb, like a lot of contradicting and dumb shit happens to technically be canon.
Batman can't beat up Kryptonians on a regular basis, he just magically gained that ability for that one story because the writer was a hack.
And such is the magic of comics!
>>
>>68156563
>>68156570
>>68156617

Well shit sure has come long way since I was a kid and read comics.
>>
>>68156665
>Bane vs CIA
>>
>>68150016
Rolling
>>
>>68150925
This fucking origin was told twice on screen and some people still don't get it.

See: >>68151050
>>
>>68153977
>Plus Spidey would make an off-hand joke about how he grooms young boys to become "Robins" and fucking trigger him hard.
Doesnt work
>>
>>68156347
that's brilliant, make it 52 issues of SHIT ON THE BAT
>>
>>68156468
>I only argued that he apparently could have, that's all. The fight made sense in the way it worked out, it was just that the characters and their motivations going in were pretty dumb.

The major problem is that Batman didn't know who Superman was. Other than that, the motivations seemed pretty solid to me (it was the Doomsday fight that dragged the film down).

If the scene with WW at the end included a speech from Bruce about how he should have done more research on who Superman was when he was not Superman, and that they could have avoided Doomsday entirely if he did. That would have been Bruce acknowledging his mistake.

>Still, Batman was saved by plot armor, because even in this, Superman could have kicked his ass the entire time, except for about five minutes where he almost let the asshole kill him for no reason.

Not plot armor, Superman's unwillingness to kill.

Also
does nobody else realize that Lex ruled the dystopian future? At least before Doug showed up. Lex kidnapped Martha, and used that to get Superman to take over the world for him. At which point Doug sweeps in and takes over. You were right about him means Lex Luthor, not Superman.
>>
>>68156016
Captain Cold.

Literally a normal dude with a freeze ray, and a shittier freeze ray than Mr. Freeze's at that.
>>
>>68156672
even if you stick with a version that doesn't take a nuclear blast to the face lightly, I still wouldn't classify the Hulk or Superman as guys that are typically knocked out from getting kicked in the stomach by regular dudes
>>
>>68156929
>Captain Cold
this guy beat the flash
>>
>>68156912
Whuuuut? Lex Luthor wanted to prevent the future he sees in his visions, a future full of fucking Parademons and Darkseid, just like Batman's. That seems highly unlikely.
>>
>>68156016
That vampire guy that got mad when Peter cucked him
>>
>>68157148

He was seeing the future, but he wasn't seeing the whole picture.

It would end badly for Lex, but only after a decade or so of having Superman as his bulldog, only after Superman has 'taken over' the world, with Lex holding his reins, and possibly even controlling the resistance as well. Maybe this version of Superman defeats Doug, maybe not (the big O at the start of the flash-forward would indicate no).
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.