[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does he do it? How does he manage to keep making masterpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1231235443346.jpg (423 KB, 1545x2009) Image search: [Google]
1231235443346.jpg
423 KB, 1545x2009
How does he do it? How does he manage to keep making masterpiece after masterpiece?
>>
>>68138728
He's not much of a creator. He works almost entirely with great existing material. So literally just about all his creative energy goes into directing itself, which he is truly masterful at.

Spielberg knows his strengths and has never tried to over-reach too much. It's paid off with a spectacular filmography.
>>
>>68138964
Well said.
>>
>>68138964
should have made watchmen
>>
>>68138964
He's like Ridley Scott but with good source material.
I'd say that Ridley is a better director but a worse filmmaker.
>>
>>68138728
He's a Jew. He has control over the industry. He paid for good reviews.
>>
He is probably the most talented director of all time for one. Spielberg is the guy that you like as a kid, then as an edgy teen you like Kubrick instead. Then you smarten up and realize no, he is a genius.
>>
>>68138964
Wow! I never knew he hadn't written any of the movies he's directed. You learn something new every day.
>>
>>68138728
He was making movies in his back yard when he was 8.

When he was 8 he was in his garage doing preproduction.

Whats that?

You had a lemonade stand?
>Craftservices
>>
>>68138728
You must've forgotten 2008
>>
>>68139449
he always change it tho, he's not like hack synder in watchmen
>>
>>68139206
>then as an edgy teen you like Kubrick instead. Then you smarten up and realize no, he is a genius.
Exactly. It takes time to realise and appreciate what one of a kind genius Kubrick actually was.
>>
>>68139521
Ready Easy Riders, Raging Bulls. It was all made up stories to sell Spielberg as that wunderkind he never was. It was PR kike bullshit and it worked.

I'm not saying that Spielberg isn't a good filmmaker, he is probably the most well-rounded of all time and he definitely had great talent from a young age, but then again so did many others who just didn't get the chance like he did to break through.
We can make jokes about jews and Hollywood all day but in the end he just had a shit ton of luck to meet the right people in his life.
>>
Spielberg takes the best out of what Cecil B DeMille did and classic Hollywood in terms of melodrama and characters fitting them into a story line that appeals to modern audiences (when the films were made) and utilizing new technology (when they came at various times in his career).

At times melodrama is a fault of his.
>>
What great movie has he made since the 90s?
>>
Because you have low iq videogame sensibilities
>>
>>68139206
this x100
>>
>>68139206
You like spieljew as a kid

Kubrick as an edgy teen

Scorcese as a father / adult
>>
>>68142127
Lincoln and Munich are masterpieces.
>>
>>68142163
t. pleb
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.