[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke's saber fighting style could be Yoda/Sheev like.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 337x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 337x436
It probably won't be because people want realism in a series about space wizard sameri... (Cause the Rey and Kylo fight was soooo much better than the Sheev spin)

Anyways, my understanding of Star Wars is that people who are really strong in the force can be old as shit yet be end up haveing Matrix like speed and agility, essually using the force to move there bodies.

I personally think this concept atually fits well with the OT because it proves that Yoda was right when he said " Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

However, I think it's more likely that Luke will show a new combat style not seen in either trilogy, one that compliments the paragon he undoubtedly has become being the son of the chosen one and not getting his balls burnt to crips.
>>
Hopefully no one will be retarded enough to make the same mistake twice.

Surely the logic should be that more experienced force users have to make fewer movements due to their affinity with the force? This is why Luke vs. Vader on Bespin was the perfect sabre fight. Vaders power was demonstrated not by his action but by his lack of action
>>
>my understanding of Star Wars is that people who are really strong in the force can be old as shit yet be end up haveing Matrix like speed and agility

prequel shit
>>
>>68136676
prequels are canon, go cry about it m8
>>
anyways ep 7 had the worst saber fights in the entire series
>>
They should avoid the same fuck up as the prequels and never show Luke using a saber
>>
>>68136622
I agree.

It speaks way more to the Jedi's skill and acument to the force by doing much less than a young, regular Jedi Knight. A Jedi Master shouldn't even HAVE to use his lightsaber at all. Thats what made the Emperor so unique to me, until the prequels fuck that shit up. In my eyes, heck theres a damn quote from Jedi in there somewhere that the Emperor views sabers as just toys.

Using the force to overwhelm their opponents seems way more old and wizard-like than spinning around doing animu bullshit like when Yoda flipped around in the prequels. Could he do it? Sure. Doesn't mean he should. It's way more interesting to watch Luke v Vader on Bespin than any other fight in the prequels. Because it's like a fucking samurai battle; tense, calculated and precision striking.

Luke should straight up reject his lightsaber in the next film and just let Rey keep it.

>>68136780
Wrong.

>>68136704
Canon or not. It's shit.
>>
>>68136836
what fuck up?
old Obi-Wan used a saber in ANH
>>
>>68136526
I want to see Luke go up solo against the seven samurai, and in the battle he effortlessly glides his blade not swiftly like the prequels, not heavy handed like the OT, but super accurately and effectively. He should seem like he can see a minute into the future and knows exactly what kind of movements he would need to make to counter the onslaught of 6 crazy guys and a hothead with a broken lightsaber.
>>
>>68136526
I hope Luke kills that little shit Kylo
>>
>>68136842
>Luke should straight up reject his light saber

To expand on your point, he already has. At the end if RotJ, after Luke defeated Vader he literally threw his lighsaber away while declaring that he had finally become a Jedi.
That moment should have been used to justify the idea that the more powerful the Force user, the less need for external tools and weapons.
Yoda didn't use a light saber in the OT, and he never taught Luke how to use one.
Of course, all of that is tossed aside in the PT, and will likely be ignored in the NT
>>
>>68136842
>A Jedi Master shouldn't even HAVE to use his lightsaber at all.
This kind of mentality is why Maz Kanata exists

"I am not a Jedi but I know the force"

This kind of gay shit is like the Fedora Force. I'll stick with the prequels thanks
>>
>>68137241
>he never taught Luke how to use one.
Obi Wan did Luke already knew how to use a Lightsaber, Yoda furthered his training in the force.
>>
>>68137241
Vader warned him it was unwise to lower his defenses. With his lightsaber Luke could've deflected the Emperor's force lightning.
>>
>>68136526
The fight between Vader and Obi-Wan is what a light saber duel between two masters should be. Strong Jedi are capable of predicting their opponent's move and therefore no real blows are dealt until the fatal one.
>>
>>68137291
I'm not saying they shouldn't ever use it. In my mind a Jedi master should use it as a last resort or by choice.

To be a Jedi is not just waving around your lightsaber. That's literally only a piece of what makes a Jedi a Jedi.

But you can have your being amused by spinning glow sticks and old men spinning around like fucking circus freaks.
>>
>>68136870
Yeah and he was complete shit
>>
>>68136974
this.
this so fucking hard.
when a master duels, the fight should not last longer than 6 moves.
Like the duels in Yojimbo or like when the Beatrice Kiddo fought Bill
>>
>>68136974
OP here... suggesting Disney should hire you. I'd love to see that.
>>
>>68137438
I prefer the Mustifar type fights. The once that Evovle and are extreamly feicrs and personal. Also, epic scenery always makes a fight look awesome.
>>
>>68138294
>Mustifar
The fact that there are names for different Jedi fight styles and that there exists people who know them does not bode well for the world.
>>
>>68136622
this nigga knows whats up
>>
>>68138485
Mustifar was the lava planet from 3... one of the best fights in the PT next to the one with Maul. I'm being a casual. I don't know the names of saber forms.
>>
>>68137421
>With his lightsaber Luke could've deflected the Emperor's force lightning
thats videogame shit from the prequels which arent even canon anymore
>>
>>68138526
>one of the best fights
The super dorky fight on moving platforms?

>in the PT
Yeah, I guess considering there were no good fight scenes in them.
>>
>>68138294
>>68138569
fuck you, that shit lasted for 45 minutes of boring clean coreography above fucking lava yet it was boring to watch
>>
>>68136526
>Cause the Rey and Kylo fight was soooo much better than the Sheev spin
fuck off pleb
>>
>>68136526
he should be quite bad. he lives alone, doesnt fight, ran away like a bitch, trained completely ineffectual losers and a bitch like kylo, has never completed his training correctly, has no one to teach him, has no one to fight against to learn or grow as a fighter and is the son of the biggest 'its hot and sand in my shoes and it itches' bitch in the universe. if rey doesnt bop this old whiny white fuccboi, theres no justice in this universe.
>>
>>68138786
When is Finn going to get a new spine!?

That's not how lightabers work JJ!
>>
>>68136622
/thread
>>
>>68138702
They are canon, fuck off.
>>
>>68138702
>Not cannon anymore

>it's in several movies

Is everyone just retarded these days?
>>
>>68138702
Lightsabers were used to deflect lightning multiple times in the movies, how is that not canon?
>>
>JJ shills are as bland as him and Disney shitting out the same movies year after year.
>>
>>68139321
>>68139218
>>68139200
listen losers the prequels doesnt affect the new movies in any way shape or form, they can be completely ignored (as they are for most people) and nothing would change about the OT and new trilogy

PT might a well dont exist since it doesnt change nothing if you ignore it, is not cannon anymore
>>
>>68139717
> it doesnt change nothing

This sentence right here is grounds for everyone ITT to completely ignore anything you say.
>>
>>68139824
whatever cuckboy english is my third language you can ignore my words if they hurt your fragile ego, fuck off
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (47 KB, 900x660) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
47 KB, 900x660
>>68139717

>They will always be cannon?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.