[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lord of the Rings a fundamentally right-wing movie? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: LOTR Wallpaper.jpg (541 KB, 2442x1617) Image search: [Google]
LOTR Wallpaper.jpg
541 KB, 2442x1617
Is Lord of the Rings a fundamentally right-wing movie? Because I'm having trouble deciding what it is even is at is has elements of both redpilled and bluepilled ideas.

Right wing aspects:
>Objective morality, and there are good people and bad people in the world, none of this DURR EVERYTHING IS GRAY
>Traditional view of love portrayed positively, with monogamy, no sex before marriage, life partners, having children, etc. all portrayed as good
>Bravery and perseverance despite overwhelming odds against you a consistent theme
>Masculinity portrayed positively
>The lust for power and dominion over others viewed as incredibly dangerous and bad
>Orcs are basically Muslims, and all the easily corruptible people are backwards shitskins
>Monarchies are portrayed positively
>The Shire is a libertarian society and is basically the most wonderful land outside of the Elvish lands like Lothlorien

But it also has shit like racemixing (Aragorn and Arwen) that makes me question this premise.

Discuss.
>>
>>68135757

Pull your head out of your ass.

LOTR is the fantasy brainchild of a severely delusional man who used middle earth as an escape from his PTSD of WW1 trenches.
>>
File: 1456542766611.png (154 KB, 1050x700) Image search: [Google]
1456542766611.png
154 KB, 1050x700
>>68135854
>>
Three posts, three different trolls. Must be a record of some sort.
>>
>>68136020

Im not trolling.

Tolkien lived in his fantasy world in his last years and had trouble distinguishing reality from new zealand.
>>
>>68136020
> implying I don't reply to myself using a VPN
>>
>>68136133

kek
>>
File: 1458917411074.gif (781 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
1458917411074.gif
781 KB, 245x238
Bump
>>
>>68135757
Well Lord of the Rings was Ian Stuart's (singer of neo nazi rock band) favorite book series.
>>
File: 1430255129142.jpg (170 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1430255129142.jpg
170 KB, 1280x960
>that pic
>le redpill
sage
>>
>>68135757
>Objective morality
Not right-wing
>Bravery and perseverance
Not right-wing
>Masculinity portrayed positively
Not right-wing
>The lust for power [...] bad
Not right-wing
>>
>>68139044
What
>>
>>68139044
All of those other than arguably the bottom are definitively right wing.
>>
>>68135757
no, politics are stupid
>>
>>68139151
>no, politics are stupid

Nearly all of those convey attitudes and values towards different things, none of them are "politics".
>>
>The lust for power and dominion over others viewed as incredibly dangerous and bad
Right-wingers fawn over powerful men - Trump, Hitler, Mussolini.
>>
>>68135757
It's a fundamentally Catholic movie. not necessarily right or left at all
>>
>Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject - which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

/pol/ btfo
>>
>>68135757
fuck off /pol/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.