[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still mad about the shit this turned into. Season 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
I'm still mad about the shit this turned into. Season 1 is godtier tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgI5t7Tn9Q0
>>
lost season 1 is the most overrated tv season ever. its good but both s2 and s3 are vastly superior
>>
File: heroic jack.jpg (186 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
heroic jack.jpg
186 KB, 900x506
>>68134006
revisit with an open mind. the finale was great, season 5 was weird, and everything before was great
>>
>>68134029
The series premier is easily one of the best pilot episodes of any show. S1 was very good, S2 and 3 were fantastic TV. The writer's strike was really the catalyst of suckdom that followed

>>68134050
The finale was actually really good. I still tear up when I watch
>>
>>68134050
We all know they were making it up as they went, but I will never forgive them for never showing who was shooting at them during the Season 5 timeflashes. Season 6 was filled with half a season of fanfiction/sideflash bullshit, but they couldn't spend 5 minutes to explain that? Stupid.
>>
File: 1450350002_image.jpg (52 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1450350002_image.jpg
52 KB, 640x400
>>68134006
>that video
>>
>>68134006
GTFO. Lost is great up until season 6.
>>
>>68134083
Yeah Season 3 stumbled with a few terrible episodes (the Jack tattoos/bai ling ep) but it had some of the best too. The show went full retard when John Locke was revealed to have been dead and it was smoke monster walking around as him for a season, that was the jump the shark moment for sure.
>>
even the weakes season (6) was still very enjoyable.

s1-s2-s3 was almost pure excellence, s4 and s5 were great, but the writers strike hurt s4 quite a bit and the time jumps in the first half of s5 were a bit excessive.
>>
>>68134196
Us in the UK got some god-tier promos for US shows for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hBI7ijfXE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFz8TO8fWeE
>>
In which season the producers realized that LOST was a world hit and that they could do the fuck they wanted with the show?
>>
I watched L O S T when aired and I loved it, but it feels so outdated now.

I can understand any faggot who is not interested in the show.
>>
>>68134328
In Season 3 ratings dropped a little (the first 6 episodes aired and then there was a huge gap until the next ones, plus those first 6 sucked), so they panicked and did a deal with abc to confirm Lost would be 6 seasons in total and promised all mysteries would be answered. Well it ended after 6 seasons at least.
>>
>>68134421
The main reason it dropped was because they moved it from 21 to 22.

considering the timeslot it actually had monster ratings.
>>
How does this make you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWW9vw_ZmmI
>>
>>68134396
really? i find it to be the most rewatchable show out there.
>>
>>68134421
>promised all mysteries would be answered

They answered half of them on the blu-rays -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=983rrm4wcwg
>>
>>68134396
I watched it not long ago and I quit after episode 2 with the fucking killer animal and the radio thing, it was just too much for me to handle.
>>
>>68134421
Honestly, considering it was a network show, it had a pretty nice ending. Most network shows just fizz out and get canceled, or they are forced to come up with an ending out of the blue with almost zero budget.

while they could have done a better job with the ending I think its still one of the better ones.
>>
>>68134563
What do you mean too much?
>>
>>68134570
The final scenes were great and well done, but they made too many mistakes in the last couples of seasons. The side-flashes were terrible from the get go and made everything feel unimportant. For example Jin and Sun fucking drown together, and the next scene we see them in a sideflash, killing any impact their deaths had.
>>
>>68134563
moments like that are almost exclusively limited to the first half of s1.

if ur bored one day, give it another go. s1e4 is the episode that usually hooks people (first Locke episode)l
>>
Fuck off grandpas who watched this while it aired,it was 10 years ago,get over it.
>>
>>68134708
t. GoT fan
>>
File: A_d68b0b_362119.jpg (39 KB, 371x480) Image search: [Google]
A_d68b0b_362119.jpg
39 KB, 371x480
>>
>It's a "boring character episode that doesn't explain any secrets and has a dumb other character cameo in it" episode
>It's a "Kate" episode
>>
>>68134421
>promised all mysteries would be answered
they never did this, shut up
>>
File: 1460378965016.webm (2 MB, 1500x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460378965016.webm
2 MB, 1500x1080
>>68135075
>>
>>68134675
the one that got to me was when in the flash sideways Sun wakes up with Jin in the hospital after getting shot and they have a tearful reunion (or whatever, I haven't seen it in years), then a couple scenes later on the island the two have their long-awaited reunion after being separated for years, it was like... we literally just saw this scene in the flash sideways
>>
>>68134328
Lost is what happens when you write a plot without an ending. You can come up with the most incredible mysterious scenario and it doesn't really matter whodunnit because this isn't a movie that people are going to watch until the end
>>
>>68135286
PIT

CLINIC
>>
>>68135375
Almost all tv shows have a plot without an ending. Breaking Bad was made up as they went along, the difference is they were smart about it. Lost on the other hand, watch this vid about the writers -

http://www.oldeenglish.org/podcast/writers-of-lost
>>
>>68134298
Massive Attack should never have cliched their ass for tv.
>>
>>68134050
Seriously, I hated the L O S T finale after watching it live, and I was so angry I didn't re-watch the show for years.

I re-watched it last year in its entirety though, and honestly it's a really, REALLY good finale. People hate it for very stupid reasons, such as not being spoonfed the Island's nature, something that should have remained more mysterious in the first place.
>>
File: s2s3.jpg (228 KB, 723x500) Image search: [Google]
s2s3.jpg
228 KB, 723x500
How do people feel about Season 2 VS Season 3?

I think I actually prefer the 3rd season. Both seasons meander and have their fair share of filler, season 3 may have a couple more blatant filler episodes (Expose, Tricia Tanaka, Stranger) but I still feel like season 3 reinvigorated a lot of life back into the people of the island. They feel like people again, they have some purpose, and if they don't, it at least feels like they're trying to show us how they're handling being on the island after all this time. Like Tricia Tanaka is great for this season, so is Par Avion and many others.

Season 2 feels dead a lot of the time, the first half moves so slowly it hardly has any memorable episodes. 2nd half gets better but it still suffers from feeling lifeless and disconnected.
>>
>>68138961
I agree with everything you've said, I've always found Season 3 to be quite strong. In the grand scheme of things it seems to meander but there was a lot of character and story building going on regardless. I mean compare Ana Lucia and Libby, the former who reached a narrative dead-end once she reached the survivors' camp an the other who never really had a character at all, to that of Juliet and Ben in Season 3 alone. That's just one example. You can easily summarize a lot of what Season 3 is but you'd have a harder time with Season 2, which doesn't seem to be about much of anything.
>>
>>68138961
Season 3 had the GOAT episode arc (Greatest Hits -> Through the Looking Glass). Also had a shit ton of other great episodes like Enter 77, The Man Behind the Curtain, etc.

I'll never forget all the over-analyzing people did after the Man behind the curtain aired, where people were trying to figure out who Jacob was, what the things in his cabin meant, etc.

I started watching LOST during season 2 and it remains one of my favorite seasons overall because of how the Others were built up, not knowing who they were, what their motives were combined with the mystery of the Swan station, Desmond, etc. was just perfect. The tailies weren't bad either.

I don't know why everyone hated Ana Lucia though. I thought she was an interesting character and it's a shame she got that DUI and was written off the show.
>>
>>68139329
>Juliet and Ben in Season 3 alone. That's just one example.

Yeah, and it's a good example. Their stories never really take a standstill. They're always moving somewhere. Same is true for a lot of the secondary characters on the show, even if their involvement may be minor, it feels consistent on some level at least. Season 2 nobody really had anything to do and there was no focus on survival anymore, or getting off the island. Thinks just stood still.

>>68139440
>favorite seasons overall because of how the Others were built up

This is a great point and I think that is why season 2 has aged poorly for me. While it was airing, the tension was incredible, and the depictions of The Others were great, there was so much mystery and the possibilities were endless. They remained a complete enigma. When season 3 started, they became a little pedestrian, it felt like the magic was gone a little bit, and that's still true to a new viewer. But upon rewatching it, feels like season 3 has more moving parts, more interesting things about it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.