[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantastic Beasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: fantasticbig.jpg (169 KB, 2048x1383) Image search: [Google]
fantasticbig.jpg
169 KB, 2048x1383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuDsy7yb8M

>hey you know how everyone loved the magical whimsical world of Harry Potter?

>Yeah?

>Well lets strip ALL that away and make it a dark knight clone senpai
>>
>Based David Yates directing
>Based Ed The Red
Whats not to like?
>>
>>68133596

>>Well lets strip ALL that away and make it a dark knight clone senpai

I don't think you've ever seen Harry Potter, Dark knight, or even the trailer you posted.

You are a fucking moron.
>>
>>68133596
>dark knight clone
Are you literally fucking retarded

It looks fun and interesting. I'm a sucker for 20's America and throwing in wizards just looks neat af
>>
>>68133678
Fuck off out of my thread retard.

>>68133698
>ITS SET IN THE 20'S SO ITS GOOD

It looks fucking boring m8-0
>>
I've always wanted to see Harry Potter: The Political Drama
>>
>>68133736
I'm not saying it's gonna be good I'm saying I like that aesthetic.

There's some neat little flourishes in there, most of them regarding that suitcase. Plus, qt Katherine Waterston.
>>
>>68133698
I realized that there wasn't much in the Harry Potter films that stood out to it being set in the time frame it is, bar perhaps the clothing.

Nevertheless I agree, looks a lot more about "muggle life" than Harry Potter and hope it's fun
>>
>>68134171
Well I think that was the point, it's meant to feel ageless.
>>
File: 1460211173881.png (62 KB, 249x234) Image search: [Google]
1460211173881.png
62 KB, 249x234
>>68133647
>Based David Yates
>>
>>68133596
It really dosnt look that good. Looks like a movie for kids
>>
>>68133698
I think that's the point he is trying to make.

They took a setting, in this case 20's America. And threw in wizardry.

The theme is wrong, they all act like muggles from some TV drama. What happened to wizards being wise or whimsical or batshit insane rather than some typical well adjusted monologue spouter.
>>
>>68134352
Well, lore-wise, they wouldn't be acting like this in the muggle world.

We've only seen a 2 minute trailer, for fuck's sake, let's wait 'til the film's out.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 315x475
>>68134333
>a movie based on a kid's series
>looks like it was made for kids
You don't fucking say.

Side note, if this kicks off and is good I want an adaptation of A Darker Shade Of Magic. Something that captures that sort of steam-powered adventure feeling.
>>
>>68134413
Harry Potter was marketed to teens and young adults by the 4th book.
>>
>>68134439
Eh, fair point. This looked more like it was tryin to capture the old adventure feel of the original books though.
>>
>>68133596
Might be cool
>>
why he has to go through american customs?
what happened to portals, portkeys, chimney powder, etc?
>>
>>68133596
>Main character is a straight white cis male

Jeez, could this film be any more problematic? Further proof that the shitlords at warner haven't caught up with the times
It's 2016 ffs
>>
>>68134439
Yeah because the kids that saw the first movie or read the first book at 11-12 years old where then 15-16
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_S_TbD1XFM
>tfw your waifu is about to hit it big, but you have mixed feeling about it

I know she prefers acting now, but her music is so relaxing and melancholic, i'll miss it
>>
>yfw it beats BvS
>>
>>68133596
Bitch, Harry Potter stopped being whimsical after CoS.
>>
Those 3D titles, they're just like the ones in the jupiter ascending trailer lel, wouldn't even surprise me if the same faggots from back then did them

Calling it now this will bomb hard at the box office
>>
>>68134853
And the first two movies were the best.
>>
>>68135943
Truth
>>
Im hyped. At worst itll be like a Doctor Who episode ; Weird british dude showing normal people some crazy shit.
I just hope there are actually a lot of magical beasts in the movie.
>>
>>68133596
What the fuck are you talking about anon? It's clearly fun and lighthearted. Especially compared to the last two Harry Potter movies.

And it looks bredy gud. Excited.
>>
>>68134509
he was kicked out of hogwarts, so no magic for him
>>
>>68134881
>Harry Potter movie
>Bomb at the box office
>>
Reminder that the movie's backstory for Wizarding America has it be even more segregated from Muggle society then Wizarding England based on JK thinking the Salem Witch Trials were a much bigger deal then they actually were, a rich blonde bimbo named Dorcus Twelvetrees nearly giving away the Wizarding World's secrets to a muggle lover causing these laws to get even more restrictive, strict Wand-Control Laws, and zero tension between Indian wizards and European wizards but the massacre of the sasquatch race is mentioned in a really offhand manner

https://www.pottermore.com/collection-episodic/history-of-magic-in-north-america-en
>>
>>68133596
>Fantastic Beast and where to find them.

No even one magical creature is shown in the trailer. Jesus.
>>
WB still has a lot of Harry Potter to squeeze, I bet after the Fantastic Beast trilogy is completed they will hire the original Harry Potter cast for the Cursed Child movie.
>>
>>68137081
I don't see any Harry Potter
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1862x842) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1862x842
>>68133596

>ayy citizen kane lmao

This movie looks like it will be tryhard as fuck and nothing like the original. Could still be decent though, 20s New-York and magic seem like an interesting combination...
>>
>>68140390
This picture oozes harry potter universe.
so hyped
>>
>>68138480
This.

I expected it to be about wizards searching and studdying magical beasts all over the world, maybe a cameo from one of the wesley kids who took it up as his job to look after dragons or something - not some kind of mystery plot set in New-York (???)
>>
>>68140439
wat

Looks like a shot from house of cards or manchurian candidate or something.
>>
>>68137097
tl;dr
>>
>>68138480
That golden bird thing is obviously the fantastic beast he is going to find anon
>>
>>68138480

>Phew! Muggles truly are Fantastic Beasts.
>>
>>68133596
Look at Redmayne's face in literally every scene and tell me again that this film isn't going to be lighthearted and whimsical as fuck.
>>
File: 1453665396052.jpg (34 KB, 418x475) Image search: [Google]
1453665396052.jpg
34 KB, 418x475
>>68133596

>my face when colin ferrel as a wizard
>>
>tfw Hufflepuff
>>
>>68133596
Why is a Brit playing the head of the Magical Congress of the USA?

Why are there like 3 Brits playing prominent american characters?

Why do all the American wizards and witches have British sounding magical names?
>>
>>68133596
It literally just looks like the last four Harry Potter movies which were dark and gloomy as fuck.
>>
>>68140591
>manchurian candidate

Kek, funny cause Jon Voight is Shaw and was in Manchurian Candidate where he got killed by a politician named Shaw.
>>
>In the film version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Newt Scamander's name appeared on the Marauder's Map. Why he was at Hogwarts was not addressed.
I wonder if they'll stuff some timey wimey shit into one of the films to explain this. Could be cool.
>>
>>68140918
Actually forget that, apparently he's still alive during the HP movies or near enough so he might have just been visiting or some shit idk.
>>
>>68133596
looks like the trailer was made before Red had a sort of handle on his heroin problem.
>>
>>68140390
>tryhard as fuck
I'm really sick of seeing this infantile criticism.
>>
>>68133596
I've never watched harry potter past prisoners of askaban but this looks good desu.
>>
The music at the beginning, that little do do dodo do Do do do do do" reminds me of X-Files a bit.

Got me thinking: What if this is like an X-Files type deal but with magic and wizards and shit?
>>
>>68141943
Would be fun
>>
>>68140774
This.

Also, I havent read the book(s?), so to me the trailer looked interesting enough, even better than the HP ones.
>>
Fantastic Memes and where to Shill them.
>>
Could be cool.
Will probably be shit because all the Yates movies are absolute trash.

>hey you know how everyone loved the magical whimsical world of Harry Potter?
It grew to be edgy shit without rules real fast. It has only been magical and whimsical maybe two times.
>>
File: 1446852966845.png (212 KB, 341x393) Image search: [Google]
1446852966845.png
212 KB, 341x393
>>68135943
>And the first two movies were the best.
>>
>>68141126
The thing is the trailer doesn't even indicate that this film will even try reach for anything like that. He's basically just seen the men in suits and thought 'lol fuckin nerd shit'.
>>
>>68133596
I'm excited for the new generation of Rowlingcore films, there's a whole lot more that can be done with the world she built up than just a couple of kids going to a school

Film on the Grindelwald/HItler collaboration when?
>>
>>68133596
>from the mc donald of literature
based JKrowling, still gets money from Harry Potter after all those years
>>
>>68133596
Is it an english-speaking world thing? I was never able to appreciate HP setting, nor any steampunk shit or anything resembling 19th/20th century whatsoever, but it seems like the anglosphere (most people on the internet) are crazy for these things.

These types of settings all give me the same feeling you have when you sweat all day and you are all dirty at the end of the day, and you go outside and its hot as fuck, and it smells like trash.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.