[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a SINGLE decent film out there with a gay dude as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
is there a SINGLE decent film out there with a gay dude as the main character that doesnt end in tragedy?
>>
>>68132713
Rocky horror picture show.
>>
The Matrix
>>
Milk
Comedy gold
>>
I'd count your biography but its not in anyway decent
>>
One of the reasons I had some respect for Black Sails was they waited till halfway through the second season before revealing the main character was bi.

Movies with gay protagonists suck for the same reason Australian movies generally suck. They don't exist except to be Oscar bait.

Almost feel sorry for fags watching these films because its all virtue signalling. Look how progressive this movie is showing how hard gays got it when if they just had a main character who liked dick but it wasn't relevant to the story so it wasn't mentioned and the filmmakers didn't use it as a selling point then they might have something respectable.
>>
>>68132713
happy together - wong kar wai

the end is sad, but not tragic
>>
Dirty Harry Series?
>>
>>68133296
What are u talking about you fucking idiot? A straight character needs "interest" in the narrative in order to give that character motivation when it matters. It's the same with gay people.
>>
>>68133296
Black sails was a SJW shitfest.
I can literally feel all the tumblrinas masturbating furiously to their literally fanfic tier pirate show.
>>
>>68132713
>being a faggot
why not just kill yourself?
>>
>>68133348
I always saw it as a fairly upbeat ending.
Sure Tony Leung's character broke up with his lover but he was a dick anyway and Leung needed to move on, and the ending seemed to imply that he was going to meet up with the Taiwanese guy again.
>>
File: donaldgas.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
donaldgas.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>68133454

It's funny because of how obviously you're one of those neckbeards who gives tumblr more time and attention than anyone with an actual tumblr account.
>>
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
>>
>>68132713

would two /tv/ "patricians" meeting up and participating in situational homosexual activity count?
>>
Mysterious Skin
>>
File: Lou+Reed+loureed.jpg (23 KB, 390x591) Image search: [Google]
Lou+Reed+loureed.jpg
23 KB, 390x591
>>68133574
Lou Reed from heaven here. I think thats cool and that.
>>
>>68133532
It's funny because that show is absolute garbage.
>muh female pirates
>my intersexual panoriamic demifaggot captains

It's complete trash, made for plebeians and woman to enjoy.
>>
Bumhole Bandits 5: Shitnado
>>
>>68132713
poor lil white boy is pretty good, and any of its sequels
>>
>>68132713
being gay is a tragedy itself.
>>
File: poor little white boy.jpg (75 KB, 380x540) Image search: [Google]
poor little white boy.jpg
75 KB, 380x540
>>68132713
This one had a happy ending
>>
>>68133741
Sexcyone gave a solid performance, but he wasn't nearly as moving as Peanut Untouchable in Part 1
>>
>>68132799
but.. frank dies..
>>
Shitter Splitter XVI: Piledriver
>>
File: The-Birdcage.jpg (41 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
The-Birdcage.jpg
41 KB, 600x403
>>68132713
yes
>>
File: hehehehehe.png (40 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hehehehehe.png
40 KB, 1000x1000
>>68133839
>>
Burnt money (Plata quemada). The ending is glorious to me, some might consider it tragic.
That film and Happy together are the only two good gay films Ican think of right now. A good rule of thumb is to stay away from American productions, they're always shit.
>>
>>68133839
>Peanut Untouchable
I will never understand that name.
>>
>>68132713
Buttcrack Mounting
>>
Dog Day Afternoon
>>
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Australian Desert aka The Bush

>the 90s, a time when movies were about story and characters and not about sjw propaganda shoved down your throat
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.