[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Critically and publicly panned movies that years became poingnant.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: MPW-70327.jpg (96 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
MPW-70327.jpg
96 KB, 500x737
>Critically and publicly panned movies that years became poingnant.

This movie predicted the future liberal sjw machine
>>
>Buck the Wonder Slave!
Was this panned? I've always loved it. The only weak bit is the kung-fu film at the end, but it's not a deal breaker. People should love it just through virtue of it being the last good film of two comedy greats.
>>
Is the movie with the scene where eddie murphy is trying to cross a busy road?
>>
>>68132761
Yes
>>
>>68132816

Thanks.
>>
>>68132761
No that's the one where he's a holy man of some kind
>>
>>68132657
Who were the SJWs in this movie?
>>
>>68132860
what that movie called?
>>
>>68132865
The slut sleeping with everyone in the crew
>>
>>68132897
What was SJW about that? I'm pretty sure that was just poking fun at young starlets doing anything for a role, if anything it was anti-SJW.
>>
>>68132893
Holy Man
>>
>>68132865

OP here this movie covers pretty much every subsequent political issue for the next decade after it was made. It exposes scientology, the black persecution complex, the hypocrisy of Hollywood on illegal immigration, and more. But besides the cynical expose nature it wasn't a good movie character or story wise. And it shit talked every group hollywood sympathies with. So it buried frank oz and now he toils in obscurity
>>
>>68132657
That movie wasn't panned
>>
>>68132657

This movie killed Frank Oz' career because it wasn't a Hollywood puff peed like Hail, Caesar!
>>
Fake Purse Ninjas never ;_;
>>
>>68132893
I don't know but I think he drinks his piss so that should help you.
>>
>>68133005
citation?
>>
Eddie Murphy literally plays himself in this movie. It shows the early stages of what eventually made him quit acting
>>
Top film
>>
It came out the same week as Austin Powers. It's one of my favorites of all time.
>>
File: eli8767543.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
eli8767543.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>68133011
>Hollywood puff peed

u tryed
>>
>>68132657
>This movie predicted the future liberal sjw machine

now *there's* a lonely man
>>
>>68133084

It has like 80% on rotten tomatoes. It bombed at the box office though. I hated it as a kid and liked it as an adult /blog
>>
>>68133084
>Roger Ebert gave the film three and a half out of four stars, and wrote "Bowfinger is one of those comedies where everything works."[32] The film received three out of four stars from the TLA Video & DVD Guide, where it was described as a "goodspirited, funny look at a hack Hollywood producer who will go to any lengths to get his film made."[39] The Seattle Post-Intelligencer gave the film a rating of "A-" in its review, writing "This is one terrific comedy that doesn't let up for an instant."[26] The Rocky Mountain News highlighted the film as a "Critics' Choice", and wrote that "Steve Martin takes gentle but funny aim at Hollywood" in the film.[40] In The Washington Post, Jane Horwitz described the film as a "riotous farce".[41] The Kansas City Star called it a "frequently hilarious comedy".[42] The New York Times highly recommended the film, and reviewer Janet Maslin wrote "This hilarious, good-hearted spiritual descendant of The Producers is a comic coup for Mr. Martin."[43] The Daily Mail wrote "Martin's back to his zany best ... possibly his best ever."[44]

Plus it's got 81% on rotten tomatoes so the majority of critics recommended it. It also made back a decent amount of money.
>>
>>68133118

Whoever planned that schedule probably never worked again
>>
>>68132657

>replace eddie murphys character with dave chapelle

>becomes a 1st person dave chappelle docudrama
>>
>>68133151

It bowfinger was released today those numbers would be inversed
>>
>>68132965
>subsequent political issue for the next decade after it was made
The things you described weren't unique to the decades after the film's release though. It was a satire on the current hollywood/celebrity culture at the time which obviously hasn't drastically changed. Not sure how this film "predicted the future liberal sjw machine" when it all they did was poke fun at hollywood.

>frank oz toils in obscurity
He is mostly known as a puppeteer, you know that right? I don't think it was ever his intention to become a hot shot movie director. Besides, the idea for the film was Steve Martin's who interestingly enough had been working on it as early as the 80s. Watch the commentary track on the dvd, it's really one of the more insightful commentary tracks out there.
>>
I remember really loving the scene where he has to run across the highway as a youth watching this film.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.